Error reading file

[Post New]by alberto399 on Feb 7, 15 12:30 AM
I own the game plant and zombies, but today I got this message: Error reading file. File too short.

Please can somebody help me, I need to get back my game...... Thanks in advance.

bfg68
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Re:Error reading file

[Post New]by bfg68 on Feb 14, 15 7:28 AM
I've got the same error. BFG please help.

[Post New]by thorigin on Mar 29, 15 10:00 AM
popcap games has 3 fix options on its web site.
go to popcap games, click support. Scroll down to More Help. Under Platform, click your platform (mine is pc). Scroll down to Common Error Messages and click Invalid File or File Too Short error. You will see the 3 fixes, and then you need to pick your fix. I got the program back, but I am having to start over from the beginning, because I uninstalled and re-installed the program before I saw this fix, and didn't have previous versions to restore to.
Good luck.

[Post New]by pipistrella58 on Apr 15, 15 12:16 PM
I've got the same error. BFG please help.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 15, 15 1:17 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm so sorry to hear that players are experiencing the error reading file message. Definitely doesn't make things fun.

Doing a little research, I recommend to check out the following help page to help get everything up and running:

File Too Short Error - Plants vs. Zombies

If you are still having issues, please contact our Customer Support Team.

Since this is a technical issue, we do ask that they be placed in the technical thread of each Forum. Thank you for your understanding. I've gone ahead and created that thread to ensure that technical issues are in one area. Since this has been addressed, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread.

Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

Go to: