Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Off The Record: The Art of Deception Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 7, 15 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you're using

Edited on 02/07/2015 at 7:15:57 AM PST

nicklin60
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Off The Record: The Art of Deception Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by nicklin60 on Feb 7, 15 2:24 AM
The cursor is very slow and jerky and the game seemed boring

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Off The Record: The Art of Deception Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Feb 7, 15 5:04 AM
nicklin60 wrote:The cursor is very slow and jerky and the game seemed boring

I had no problems with the cursor but I always use the system one, not the custom cursor.

But since you found the game boring maybe it's not worth you changing it

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Feb 7, 15 5:54 AM
No problem with cursor either.
@ nicklin60, maybe your mouse needs a battery change!

wyebank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by wyebank on Feb 7, 15 7:13 AM
Was just starting to enjoy this game when curser started going slow and jerky, and then all of a sudden screen went black. Will uninstall and try again.

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Off The Record: The Art of Deception Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Feb 7, 15 7:16 AM
Hey Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Off The Record: The Art of Deception Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by crispypot on Feb 7, 15 7:56 AM
downloaded but said my trial was over does anyone know if you beta test a game it wont let you trial it when the game comes out ???? thank you in advance

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Feb 7, 15 8:01 AM
I have no issues with the game itself but when I go to enter my review on the game's main page, that video box is obscuring the screen. I cannot see most of my review nor the title when I enter it or preview it. This definitely needs to be fixed. I dislike the new format of the game pages but the inconvenience of the video blocking out the review area is ridiculous.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Feb 7, 15 1:58 PM
crispypot wrote:downloaded but said my trial was over does anyone know if you beta test a game it wont let you trial it when the game comes out ???? thank you in advance

No, playing the beta should not prevent you from playing the demo!

I did the beta for this game and it is still on my PC, and I had no problem d/ling or playing the game demo!

Could be just the hiccup that sometimes happens between the d/l and the GameApp.

Try un-installing and reinstalling as that will usually cure this false "trial over" message.

Hope this helps.

BK

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Off The Record: The Art of Deception Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by steve_san on Feb 7, 15 5:29 PM
biscuitsmama wrote:I have no issues with the game itself but when I go to enter my review on the game's main page, that video box is obscuring the screen. I cannot see most of my review nor the title when I enter it or preview it. This definitely needs to be fixed. I dislike the new format of the game pages but the inconvenience of the video blocking out the review area is ridiculous.

I know this won't fix the issue you're having biscuitsmama, but there is another Submit Your Review button farther down the page, at the beginning of the Customer Reviews section.

P.S. I thought your review was excellent even though we don't agree about this one.

Edited on 02/07/2015 at 5:32:18 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Off The Record: The Art of Deception Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 7, 15 6:41 PM
BearKat wrote:
crispypot wrote:downloaded but said my trial was over does anyone know if you beta test a game it wont let you trial it when the game comes out ???? thank you in advance

No, playing the beta should not prevent you from playing the demo!

I did the beta for this game and it is still on my PC, and I had no problem d/ling or playing the game demo!

Could be just the hiccup that sometimes happens between the d/l and the GameApp.

Try un-installing and reinstalling as that will usually cure this false "trial over" message.

Hope this helps.

BK

It's also a good idea to delete the .save file from your computer after you have finished with the beta. I always do, so I don't know whether it can prevent you from playing the demo afterwards, but it's worth a try.

Oh, and I didn't have any problems with the game while playing the demo. And I never use the large custom cursor but only the system cursor.

Edited on 02/07/2015 at 6:43:14 PM PST

[Post New]by sajolalala on Feb 7, 15 9:55 PM
In tavern loft, I cannot pick up the tweezers and carabiners. I'm sorry I purchased this game.

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Feb 8, 15 12:08 AM
The game won't even start downloading.
I click try now, then click on the link that appears, but the game won't go in to my game manager. It's quite frustrating!

[Post New]by mreedhead on Feb 8, 15 7:48 PM
I'm having an issue when I need to spray the sleeping potion at the lady. It just keeps saying that's not what I'm supposed to do but according to the guide, I'm at the right point to do this.

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Feb 9, 15 1:17 AM
thank you BK and Valdy tried both your suggestions and reloaded game , it now plays fine thank you both so much for your help

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Feb 9, 15 2:38 AM
You are very welcome, crispypot,

I'm glad the suggestions worked for you!

Happy Gaming,

BK

[Post New]by annacee on Feb 9, 15 5:34 AM

As soon as I started to play this game I knew there were problems with it.

* When I click on objects in hidden object scenes they are not activated - then if I click on them again later, they do activate. Very bad.
* When I tried to exit, the whole game crashed and I had to close it through the Task Manager. Again not acceptable.
* From what I gather, others are having other troubles - eg. erratic cursor..
For sure, experience tells me this is a bug-prone game. You can tell.

I purchased this game, but I will not play it until Big Fish requests an update from the developer to fix it's problems. There is nothing wrong with my computer.

I have the weirdest feeling I have played this game before, though it is new. My guess is that it has been re-released and built on an earlier game.

[Post New]by mreedhead on Feb 10, 15 7:35 AM
What is the point of posting tech issues here if we don't get any help for them?

[Post New]by tw32949 on Feb 11, 15 8:18 AM
I am in chapter 3 in the clockmakers room fixing the pocket watch. I have the 3 gears and all of the other HOP pieces which I have placed in the watch but it won't let me place the gears. It tells me to look elsewhere for other clues.

[Post New]by RaspberryRex on Feb 12, 15 4:18 PM
I finished the whole game and am a good ways into the bonus game. Unfortunately, I seem to have hit a glitch. Someone has tied me up, so I can't go anywhere or do anything until I get untied. Problem is, I have not yet picked up the item I need to get free from the ropes. Basically, I'm completely stuck, and I'm pretty upset. I don't usually buy "collector's editions" because I think they are too expensive, but I took a risk on this one. Now I can't even finish the game I paid extra for.

Go to: