lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
4,776 Posts

Vase Breaker tips

[Post New]by lordkalvan on May 26, 09 5:04 AM
The green jars contain plants, so open those first.

Buy a rake. Don't plant anything on top of it. After you open the green jars, click the rightmost jar of the lane with the rake in it (because that zombie will get zapped by the rake).

If you get a plant that shoots to the left, put it on the far right. If this requires breaking a jar go ahead even if the lane is unprotected, but WAIT until the zombie moves to the second jar before planting your shooter (or the zombie will eat it).

The lamp posts are GREAT. If you get one, plant it near as many unbroken jars as possible. The light from the lamp post will show you what's inside the jars that are near it, so you can decide which ones to break. If any of these are zombies, wait to break them. If any of them are squashes, only break them when you know you need them NOW.

At least most of the time, you should go SLOWLY. Don't have two zombies walking in the same lane at the same time, and I usually just have one walking zombie on the board at all.

When choosing a jar to open, the best option is usually as far right as possible in a lane that has a shooter at the right and another shooter at the left.

If all the vases are broken in a lane, don't put any more plants in that lane.

On the harder levels, some of the jars will have Gargantuar or Jack-in-the-box. This is bad news unless you have some squashes in un-opened jars. When the Jack in the box explodes, it will break nearby jars. Grab any plants and plant them as quickly as possible in ways that might help kill the zombies that were released. Sometimes two squashes will kill Gargantuar. It appears to help if one of the shooters in the lane is a snow pea, and I've sometimes seen Gargantuar die right at the very left side just from peas, particularly if I had a spare shooter for the right side. I assume that if I could find two cherry bombs it would destroy Gargantuar but I don't remember seeing any cherry bombs in vases.

There doesn't appear to be any way to save seeds except in unbroken jars. If you let them sit in place for more than a few seconds, they poof.

Vase Breaker Endless mode appears to be nearly impossible to beat. There's just too much random chance involved, with the Gargantuars and the Jack-in-the-boxes. I can get a streak of 2 or 3 sometimes, but often can't even get one.

Clicking fast to break all the jars doesn't work. The game waits to see if one of the zombies survives to reach your house.

Edited on 05/26/2009 at 5:11:38 AM PST

TheLuggage
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Vase Breaker tips

[Post New]by TheLuggage on Jun 1, 09 8:38 PM
I've used the following tactics to get as far as a streak of 20 in Vasebreaker Endless . The first is one that lordkalvan already mentioned: buy a rake. It will only work on the first level, but it will allow you some breathing room. Always start breaking vases in the last row (this is actually mentioned by the Tree of Wisdom). This will give you the greatest amount of time to take down zombies. Don't place Threepeaters in columns one or five unless you have no other option. This will give them maximum coverage of firing lanes. Place Potato Mines and and Wall-Nuts in the second row. This will give you a safety valve against zombies popping up in firing lanes without coverage.Save your sun (used to buy Cherry Bombs) as much as possible. I try not to use any prior to finishing 10 stages, as stages 11 - 20 each have two Gargantuars (and stage 21 has three if I remember correctly). If you are willing to take a bit of a risk, a Squash can be very valuable. You will need to place it just left of the last vase in a column. Next, click the right most vase in the same column. As zombies are released, wait for them to approach the next vase (this takes timing and practice) and break it. Repeat this until the last vase. When you hear the Squash make its pre-launch grunt, break the last vase. I have used this to take out as many as four zombies (included two Buckethead zombies) with one Squash. Needless to say, this won't work if one of the vases contains a Gargantuar.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
4,776 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jul 25, 09 7:09 AM
I'm up to a streak of 12 so far. You can use the potato mine the same way as the squash, to take out an entire lane. You just have to be careful to make sure you click each vase right when the zombies are in the center of it. I've taken out a full lane with just a squash or potato mine (about 6 zombies I think, because some were always plants). Oh, and about 5 repeaters on the right with one snow pea on the left can kill double gargantuas with no squash at all. I was sure I'd get my brains eaten on that one, but I kept breaking vases elsewhere and putting repeaters behind the gargantuas.

edit: I've also *tried* to take out a full lane with just a squash or potato and have the plant take out 4 of the 6 zombies. That's when grabbing a squash that a plantern is showing me, or using a cherry bomb is crucial.

Edited on 07/25/2009 at 7:12:24 AM PST

windrose53
Flounder
Flounder
2,385 Posts

[Post New]by windrose53 on Jul 25, 09 11:41 AM
That's pretty cool. I never thought of doing that (piling all the zombies up so one squash/potato takes them all out. I might be able to get past 3 on endless now.

looloo123
Stingray
Stingray
5,004 Posts

[Post New]by looloo123 on Aug 4, 09 1:40 PM
To avoid losing a plant ,if you dont know yet where to put it, hold on to it with your mouse,it will keep it from disappearing.

Shadow805
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Shadow805 on Aug 10, 09 12:30 PM
You Will Never Beilive It But I Won All Vase Breaker Games By Just Breaking All The Pots And Randomly Planting Plants Down Yay I AM Luckly But Dont Follow Me I Would Like To Say For Tips Get Your Defense Atleast One Peashotter(or something else) In each lane and try to use the squashes cherrybombs and others just before it dissappears thats what i did but for me i dint get luckly with that i just wanted to post to say that*Read First Two Lines Above*

looloo123
Stingray
Stingray
5,004 Posts

[Post New]by looloo123 on Aug 10, 09 8:04 PM
Up to 14 now and i just cant seem to get amy higher although i try 20 times a day LOL

mj_ca
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by mj_ca on Sep 13, 10 1:09 AM
done 23 vases

[Post New]by hamster577 on Oct 6, 10 3:48 PM
cool

[Post New]by bigdaddy1976 on Oct 19, 10 12:49 PM
I got up to a streak of 24 by just going slow and planning out what I am going to do. To save plants, If I get a squash I will plant him at the beginning of the row, and break the vases one at a time and squash all the zombies at once

[Post New]by dancer14george on Jun 8, 11 12:22 PM
I am up to 31 can anyone tell me how many this goes up to

[Post New]by Seamusmaximus on Jan 16, 12 10:10 PM
This may sound dumb, but Vasebreaker endless is one of my favorite games... you can never beat it. What I'm trying to figure out is if the ogre zombies keep increasing by one for every ten levels you pass. In the 30's, you have 4 per level. I've only made it into the 40's twice-- 45 is my best. It gets sick when you've got 2 or 3 big guys running loose. Even worse, is you could go for 30 levels without ever using a cherry bomb and accrue 1500+ in suns, but still lose because when the mayhem hits you only have one cherry bomb so you need to make it count. I had over 1100 in suns at about level 32 and still lost because I had to use my cherry bomb and I was out of everything else. There is a lot of luck involved too. Some quick notes...

--It's a numbers game: 10 hits on a plain zombie takes it out. I believe it is around 66 for the bucket heads and roughly 150 for the Ogre zombie... BUT the Squash inflicts the same amount of damage to every zombie he hits, so if you can catch a cluster, you can potentially knock out several tough guys in one shot..

--Ogre zombies: 2 squash or 1 squash and 1 potato mine or about 70 hits and a squash or a mine.

--Snow Peas: These are the freezing shooters. You get two of the snow peas per round, so lining those up at the front of the column with the most vases increases the likelihood of you catching the tough guys (bucket heads and ogres). You also slow them down and buy yourself time. You are much better off setting up a couple of shooters on a single row and taking it out. By doing this, you clean out an entire row and open up any shooters, mines, squash, etc. to line up with other rows. This is really easy in the beginning and critical in the later rounds.

Vasebreaker endless has become my solitaire... good stuff! Level 50 or bust!!!

Kyasarin
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by Kyasarin on Feb 6, 12 3:28 PM
windrose53 wrote:That's pretty cool. I never thought of doing that (piling all the zombies up so one squash/potato takes them all out. I might be able to get past 3 on endless now.

The one caveat with this is that the zombies do move at slightly variable speeds. Some shamble faster than others. If you get a speedy zombie early on, it'll trigger the squash/potato mine before the others can get to it.

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Sep 23, 12 1:02 PM
***SPOILER***

The method is too long to fit in one post here, so I suggest you read it in the link below:

http://uk.gamespot.com/plants-vs-zombies/forum/vasebreaker-endless-how-to-get-into-the-50s-consistently-no-cheats-57783445/

The most important bit I quote from the linked method:

"1. At the start of each level break the far right 2 rows of VERTICAL vases (break all of them as FAST as you can). Do not break your green vases yet (even if they are in the two rows of vases). Break these green vases (or other vases) only if you HAVE to because a ton of zombie are currently on the move and you need plants.

2. You will now have zombies walking towards you and plant cards scattered around. Grab your plants first and plant them where needed (a single buckethead will need at least three normal green peas hitting him to go down, one pea and a snowpea can do it). For GARGANTUARs that appear, make sure to plant your squashes in that row to the far left (you can put a spudmine behind a squash but not in front of it as quicker zombies that may be walking in the same lane will trigger both). DO NOT do SQUASH or other heavy damage to the GARGANTAUR when it is to the right or in the middleish of the screen, as this will only cause an IMP to be flung to the left of the screen and WHO NEEDS THAT!?
It is best to build two SQUASHES OR one SQUASH and a Repeater in a row with a GARGANTAUR. SNOWPEAS are huge in rows with a GARGANTAUR since it will slowdown the zombies the big G is releasing and a SQUASH can smash everything at the SAME TIME!!!"

I was really stuck on vasebreaker endless, unable to get the China shop achievement for surviving 15 levels in a row, until I tried this method and made it after a couple of tries (in game of the year edition). The key is to put the plants from the last two columns at the front of rows, prioritising gargs and buckets. Only break more vases if you don't have enough plants to kill all the zombies that popped out. Make sure you put at least one plant in each row that has zombies, if possible. If it isn't break more vases from the back.

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Sep 25, 12 12:31 PM
I made a video of the level after I got the China Shop achievement:

http://youtu.be/GFFKOBkx7AM

[Post New]by patrish65 on Oct 4, 12 2:01 PM
How do you accumulate enough suns to get a cherry bomb. when I break a vase there are only 3 suns in it, not enough. After you break the vase with the suns, do you have to use them or lose them right away.

Also, I don't understand the method of having only one zombie walking at once. If you break four vases and each has a zombie you have no choice or control on that.

How many levels does the endless vase breaker have before you reach an a "end" .

Same with mini games, and the levels. How many are there before you can move on?

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Oct 13, 12 9:55 AM
To patrish65: yes, you don't get enough sun in one vase for a cherry, so you have to save up for it over several levels. And yes, you have to collect the sun right away, or it disappears, but no you don't have to use it and you can't do much with it if you can't afford the cherry.

The method has two stages: at first you break lots of vases, which reveals both zombies and plants, and as it says in the link, yes, you have lots of zombies walking towards you. But, you then don't break more vases until you have placed all the plants you got in the first part, at the beginning of each row. If you have enough plants to deal with all the zombies, you then wait and only break vases one at once until you have just one zombie to deal with. That is the second part of the method, where you deal with zombies one at once, which you can control.

If you don't have enough plants to deal with the many zombies in the first part, break one or both of the green vases. Again, stop and wait as soon as you have enough plants to deal with all the zombies. It is fairly rare for you not to be able to deal with the zombies in the first part by this point, but if not then you have to break vases from the back of each column until you get more plants. Eventually you'll have enough and can wait and go to the second part, one zombie at a time.

The games with "endless” in the title really don't have an end as long as you survive. They only end when the zombies get you, or you can quit to the menu, save your game, and continue another time if you want. The point of these endless games is the challenge of getting as far as you can. There are no more games after the endless one so you don't have to finish them, anyway.

Edited on 10/13/2012 at 10:01:18 AM PST

Go to: