The Race Is Here!!

JOYAMES
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:The Race Is Here!!

[Post New]by JOYAMES on Aug 4, 08 6:00 AM
Just played the free trial and am very disappointed in the quality of the graphics, definitely will not be one I purchase.

lilorange
Flounder
Flounder
2,206 Posts

[Post New]by lilorange on Aug 4, 08 6:54 AM
Yep, I have to agree. Sometimes the expectations are met (such as Amazon), but it is a dissappointment when it isn't quite as good as you'd expected. Although it isn't terrible, not one I'd get right away.

BUT cspmbs--still at least give the demo a try--it might be something you like. Not everyone is a fan of each game that comes out, and this might be one that works for you!

Edited on 08/04/2008 at 6:56:36 AM PST

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Aug 4, 08 10:02 AM
It got a bad review over at GZ, and a lot of the complaints revolved around poor graphics, but I would definitely try it myself first. The same thing was said about Hidden object show-that the graphics were poor-but that wasn't my biggest complaint with that game. I thought the graphics were okay, I just couldn't take the unending redundancy. So, anyway, I guess my point is that you should always try a game for yourself first before you make a decision b/c you may not agree with the reviews that have been posted about it.

ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

[Post New]by ghost777 on Aug 4, 08 10:18 AM
Tried this and no coupon spending for me,but some will like this.

GinaBean
Manatee
Manatee
4,361 Posts

[Post New]by GinaBean on Aug 4, 08 1:49 PM
I just realized that I have two HO game trials that I downloaded like 3 weeks ago, and I STILL haven't tried them yet! What is WRONG with me???

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Aug 5, 08 5:06 AM
I tried the demo as well. It was OK, but I'm saving my credits for something I will enjoy more.

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Aug 5, 08 12:51 PM
I'm just surprised I've managed to still hold on to my monthly credit. Usually by this time it's gone.

ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

[Post New]by ghost777 on Aug 5, 08 12:55 PM
Sillyfeet same here still have the darn money stashed for good game to come .at a site called "A" the "Little shop city lights " is happening,but for some reason I tried to download demo and the darn thing says 3 hours to download this never happens ever to me as we have super high speed internet,darn.

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Aug 5, 08 12:57 PM
That's odd. The demo only took me a few minutes to download. I enjoyed the game but don't want to pay full price for it right now so I'll wait. That credit sure is burning a hole in my pocket, though. Hopefully BF gets a kick bu** HO in soon.

lovelyrita019
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by lovelyrita019 on Aug 6, 08 2:28 PM
When you play in challenge mode is there any time limit or does it go until you find everything~in one scene
I couldn't find one object and the time kept going on~I never ran out of time. I was disappointed in this game,
I don't think I'll buy it.

cspmbs
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

The Race Is Here!!

[Post New]by cspmbs on Aug 6, 08 3:27 PM
cspmbs wrote:Finally, a HO Game! About time. I know some of you have already played it, I hope it was worth the wait!!!!!!

Wow , I never replied to my own post, but I still can't get it to play... And I was So-o-o excited!!!!

Edited on 08/06/2008 at 3:27:13 PM PST

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Aug 6, 08 3:40 PM
Hi cspmbs! If you are having trouble getting The Race to work for you, then I would suggest contacting our Customer Support people. They are wonderful, and I'm sure they can help you out. Good luck!

Happy gaming!

cspmbs
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by cspmbs on Aug 8, 08 9:08 PM
bfgAegean wrote:Hi cspmbs! If you are having trouble getting The Race to work for you, then I would suggest contacting our <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bigfishgames.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php?p_sid=x846FFaj" target="_blank">Customer Support</a> people. They are wonderful, and I'm sure they can help you out. Good luck!

Happy gaming!

Thanks, I will try that. I had thought of it, I just didn't want to bother them with it but now I will!!

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Aug 8, 08 9:21 PM
cspmbs, you say you can't get it to play but don't say why. Can you not load the game? Do you get any error messages? If you are a game club member, you can go to the My Account and contact Tech Support via Live Chat. They are available Monday - Friday. If not, The link on the bottom right of this screen will let you contact them via email. They are really great and I'm sure will help you figure this out.

popcorn_20000
Marlin
Marlin
8,219 Posts

[Post New]by popcorn_20000 on Aug 16, 08 10:12 PM
I downloaded and began playing this game early in the morning, just finished.. I agree, some of the items were hard to see due to the poor graphics, howver i did enjoy,rushing to ensure i came first, and not lettin the other teams catch up.

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Jan 3, 10 8:22 AM
Tried this for the first time today - years after it was introduced. I was not missing much.
It is one of those HOGs that requires you to click on unlisted items (that is how you get the hint modes) but punishes you for clicking on unlisted items.

I was interested in seeing sights like the Niagra Falls and the Grand Canyon in a game but they are included in varying degrees. The Grand Canyon is only a hint in the background, the Statue of Liberty is the puzzle. But since they are all sketches they were not what I hoped for.

Just not for me.

wvsandy
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by wvsandy on Jan 3, 10 8:30 AM
I have to agree with those that complain about the grapics. I think this game could be a lot of fun if the grapics were sharper. As it is, I think I'll give this a pass, even as the Daily Deal.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Jan 3, 10 9:29 AM
I take it this is a straight HOG with no puzzles or minis?

fragileind
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by fragileind on Jan 7, 10 9:33 PM
No puzzles, no minis, bad graphics, but sometimes you need an unchallenging game, one that would be boring if you were fully paying attention. if you need a game for those brain-dead times while someone on the phone is going on and on ... any of those multitasking obligatory moments ... this isn't bad. Go thru once on relaxed mode and the challenge round is equally unchallenging. If that's what you want. I don't mind having bought it on the Daily for that purpose. Never would spend full pop or use a credit.

Go to: