Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Phantasmat: The Endless Night here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 8, 15 12:34 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 02/08/2015 at 6:35:06 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Phantasmat: The Endless Night here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 8, 15 6:36 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Phantasmat: The Endless Night here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Phantasmat: The Endless Night.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Phantasmat: The Endless Night here.

[Post New]by roaming on Feb 10, 15 10:35 PM
I purchased this game without playing the demo based on the Phantasmat brand and the developer. It's ironic how fitting the title is... The Endless Night. The night indeed does seem to go on and on and on endlessly, probably because the scary abandoned school, the scary abandoned amusement park, and the scary abandoned mall have all been done to death. In addition, we are yet again trying to find and rescue a loved one from a weird paranormal evil, meanwhile assisting various ghosts with one situation or another, thus relieving them of the guilt that keeps them trapped in the past (or is it the present?) all of which is incredibly b-o-r-i-n-g.

The very complex, semi-realistic artwork does not seem to be up to the usual standard set by this developer, but it certainly is... uh... complex. The HOS are varied between straight lists, silhouettes, morphing and fragmented objects even within the same HOS. To say that they are junk piles is an understatement. The weird perspective also makes it difficult to find many of the objects.

I think there are more mini-games than HOS.

The music and voiceovers are good.
The inventory locks open.
The map and hints are transporting.
There are custom options for difficulty and hint and skip timing.

My rating is +1/2, but younger fishies who haven't played as many games as the old-timers may well like it very much. Just don't buy without trying, which one should never do, and I'm sorry I did.

aldavis
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by aldavis on Feb 20, 15 3:56 PM
GOOD ONE!

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Mar 27, 15 9:19 AM
Hmmmm, I partly played the demo and then bought this one to keep from losing credits. Mistake. Way too "junky" (that's the best word to describe it). The scenes were loaded with all sorts of stuff which gave you game-play overload. Weird cut scenes which I don't like anyway and lots of dialog.

HOS were really junky, but you could switch to a match 3 which I did. The game was just boring to boot. Can't put my finger on it, but I got so bored and so tired of so much junk-ola in every scene which seemed to go on forever that I finally bagged it by the time I got to the carnival park. Wore me out. Bleah. I give this maybe a 2 out of 5. I usually like these Phantasmat games, but this one was a loser.

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on May 10, 15 8:34 AM
I enjoy the dialogue in games ,but agree this game was not up to scratch based on the rest of the series, maybe once again, one too many ??? However I enjoyed playing and there were some tricky puzzles .. Great game if , as said before you were a fairly new player , but agree I got that been there ,done that feeling !!

Go to: