How do I kill Gargantuar?

elizaew
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by elizaew on May 26, 09 7:39 PM
The cherry bomb doesn't kill it. The Doom-Shroom doesn't kill it. Can anyone tell me what kills it? I'm tired of watching it go down the chimney and eat my brains!!!!!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
4,776 Posts

Re:How do I kill Gargantuar?

[Post New]by lordkalvan on May 26, 09 7:52 PM
The tree of wisdom says to use TWO cherry bombs. I've done it using two squashes. I've also seen him die from a single squash if he's been frozen a few times first, but the frozen watermelons all by themselves don't seem to do it. You might also try two chilis.

[Post New]by Millsymouse on May 27, 09 1:22 AM
The best solution I have found is to use a cherry bomb first then a chilli as this wipes out the imp as well

Dude12234
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Dude12234 on May 27, 09 6:46 PM
on the levels with them, its best to have a cherry bomb and at least one other big damage ready, takes 2 of anything to kill him off quickly.

Just hope your refreshed when another one shows up.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
4,776 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on May 27, 09 8:02 PM
If you use the ice mushroom that will freeze them, giving time for the cherry bomb to refresh. Or if you have the ice watermelons firing at them.

fomalhaut
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by fomalhaut on May 27, 09 10:09 PM
Two squashes will work; this is necessary in the Vasebreaker Endless game, as you don't have cherry
bombs or Jalapeno.

Michael Keller

Jaymes007
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by Jaymes007 on May 28, 09 5:05 PM
Use snow peas, and ice shrooms to slow him down, and corn catapults will also slow him down. Then blast him with cherry bomb, and Jalapeno.

Edited on 05/28/2009 at 5:06:42 PM PST

TheLuggage
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by TheLuggage on Jun 1, 09 8:18 PM
Getting a Spikerock in front of Gargantuars really helps. They have to pound it multiple times before they can advance. This gives you extra time to pound them with Wintermelons, drop Squashes on their heads, etc.

[Post New]by ncholas on Jun 3, 09 12:15 AM
Use two kernel-pult.. There are chances it will throw butter which stops any enemy. Use melon-pult to deal great damage or some cabbage-pults will just do ok.

Usually I'm not so worried with gargantuar as by the time it appeared, I already have lots of sunlight.

LindyMac
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by LindyMac on Jun 8, 09 2:50 PM
They need 2 major hits. As they usually come out pretty late in the level i'm often prepared for them. A strengthened spike weed in the first column, some decent ammo at the left, as they demolish the spike weed they'll be getting constantly fired upon. For me this usually means they get equivalent of one hit, at that point they throw out the wee zombie which is when I use a jalapeno (which i always have doubled on gargantuar levels), this takes out the big and small ones

Sometimes i have to improvise with cherry bombs and squashes if they're in lots of lanes but the strategy generally works

keltica
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by keltica on Jun 8, 09 3:21 PM
Has anyone finished this game, how many levels are there ... I'm still stuck on the roof levels ..... lol ..

Good Game though, i love it

Lou

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
4,776 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jun 8, 09 3:32 PM
5-10 is the last level of adventure mode (that's 10 roof levels), however after you finish adventure mode once and you start over it is HARDER. More zombies, and Dave fills 3 of your slots with random stuff. Finishing adventure mode unlocks more minigames and puzzles too. Sometime during the roof the Zen Garden mode is unlocked. I'm not sure when Survival mode is unlocked but by the time you finish 5-10 every mode is unlocked but some things have to be played a while to unlock the higher minigames/puzzles in that mode.

I've finished adventure mode twice (all the way through). I'm still stumped on 2 or 3 of the minigames, two of the puzzles, and the two roof "survival" ones (so I haven't unlocked the final survival one yet). I have both the day and night greenhouse, and the tree of wisdom (still pretty short) but haven't bought the water plant greenhouse yet.

keltica
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by keltica on Jun 8, 09 3:40 PM
Wow, lordkalvan,

you must be good, i'm on the second level of the roof top one, and i'm stuck .. lol ... but i will get there, looks like this game is worth the money

I'm busy just now playing the mini/puzzle games to earn some money to buy some more stuff to kill those wee zombies

tough game , but good and well worth a game credit

Lou

i now How do I kill Gargantuar

[Post New]by janeil on Dec 10, 10 1:15 PM
2 cherry bombs

[Post New]by amyaha on Dec 11, 10 6:52 AM
cherry bombs and winter melon/Melon-pult

[Post New]by aryoseno11 on Sep 30, 11 9:10 PM
2 cherry bombs nor 4 nor 5 repeater

[Post New]by hancocks683 on Nov 7, 11 8:56 PM
you need to hit him with two plants that do massive damage hope it works for you!
elizaew wrote:The cherry bomb doesn't kill it. The Doom-Shroom doesn't kill it. Can anyone tell me what kills it? I'm tired of watching it go down the chimney and eat my brains!!!!!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
4,776 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Nov 9, 11 2:00 AM
If you wait until he throws the imp, then a single chili will take out both the imp and the Gargantuar. But you have to have defenses making some kind of damage to him to get him to throw the imp.

Barring that, use two items chosen from: squash, cherry, chili, doom shroom.

hummingbirf
Herring
Herring
353 Posts

[Post New]by hummingbirf on Nov 23, 11 11:20 AM
I either use 2 squashes or 2 chile peppers. Just be careful, he might through his imp off his back before you can use the second one. He is not hard to kill though.

[Post New]by mackevicius on Nov 30, 11 1:48 AM
you can either get a cherry bomb and clone it. but if you want to clone it buy it in craaaaazy dave's shop or you can do the same thing what i told you with a squash more sheaper

Go to: