Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Mosaic: Game of Gods here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 9, 15 12:35 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 02/09/2015 at 6:38:08 AM PST

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Mosaic: Game of Gods here.

[Post New]by Janette5 on Feb 9, 15 3:25 AM
This game is similar to Patchworkz. For those familiar with the game here are the highlights:

1. No timed / relaxed version where you can still get 3 stars.
2. Timed version where you have to beat the clock to get 3 stars.
3. Additional trophies to earn.
4. Switch between timed and relaxed at any stage with no penalty.
5. Left-handed option.
6. 150 levels
7. You can see the pattern if you hover over the level button on the map before completing it.
8. An additional "frenzy" challenge where you see how many puzzles you can beat in the allocated time.

For those not familiar with the game:
You have patterns on the side and you have to pick them up and place them in the puzzle. In order to get 3 stars you cannot place a piece on the wrong spot and you have to beat the timer (or play relaxed, then you get the 3rd star for free). This game is a lot about pattern recognition, you must recognise the pattern of the piece to determine where it fits in. It does, however, have hints that recharge so that you can use the hints instead of guessing if it is important to you to get the 3 stars and you don't want to just try a place. Using the hints does not affect getting 3 stars.

I did find that the game played well and that you were holding the piece far enough away that you didn't accidentally place it. I also found the game very forgiving in that if I was in the general area it would snap the piece into the right place anyway.

The only thing that I didn't like was that the backgrounds have patterns on them and this makes it a little more tricky to tell the puzzle apart from the background, but I did get used to it after a while.

I definitely recommend it for lovers of this type of game!

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Feb 9, 15 4:36 AM
What spoiled the game for me was the loud New Age songs (yes there are lyrics) and the jerky mouse cursor.

There's nothing new here, it's identical to 8th Floor's Mosaics Galore.

It does offer a Relaxed mode for those of us who want to play for pleasure and not pressure.

The graphics are crisp and nicely done. If you don't have a system with a powerful graphics card you may want to uncheck the custom cursor option like me.

Your not penalized for placement if you are slightly off.

You have to drag the pieces with your mouse rather than just pick them up with one click.

And if your don't like blaring New Age songs with depressing lyrics, you may want to mute the music.

This is the typical non-HOG, double-punch game we see offered on Mondays.

Edited on 02/09/2015 at 4:20:41 PM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Mosaic: Game of Gods here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 9, 15 6:38 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Mosaic: Game of Gods here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Mosaic: Game of Gods.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

goldendog08
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by goldendog08 on Feb 9, 15 8:30 AM
I found this game to be a great companion to Patchworkz. The fantasy theme was a nice change and the pictures not quite as abstract. I kept the music turned low and enjoyed it while playing the relaxed mode. (Relaxed mode--thank you!) Definitely on my to-buy list for the next sale.

One minor complaint (don't there always got to be one ) is that upon completion of a puzzle the picture is covered in ivy and then a large scoring window so that the player never gets more than a very short fraction of a second to see your completed handiwork. If you go to the map screen all you can see are little tiny thumbnails of the picture.

Edited on 02/09/2015 at 8:31:50 AM PST

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Feb 9, 15 3:24 PM
Much easier than Patchworkz, at least for me. I just turned the music down and it was no longer annoying. For me the music would have been more enjoyable without vocals.The game is fun and relaxing and as I haven't played very far yet, it may get harder. Recommended for something different.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Feb 9, 15 3:24 PM
Much easier than Patchworkz, at least for me. I just turned the music down and it was no longer annoying. For me the music would have been more enjoyable without vocals.The game is fun and relaxing and as I haven't played very far yet, it may get harder. Recommended for something different.

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Feb 9, 15 7:34 PM
I enjoyed the game..................WOW relaxed mode...........love that yippy.
I only have one gripe, next time put some eyes on the animals...............I know your object was to make the game a little harder, but it would of made the puzzles that much prettier......................OVERALL LOVED IT.........
EXCEPT THE MUSIC TONE IT DOWN FELLERS

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Feb 9, 15 10:32 PM
This is not the same 'mosaic' game as Fantasy Mosaics or World Mosaics. You place pieces of various abstract shapes onto the board to complete the picture.

I enjoyed playing this game, and being able to play in relaxed mode made it even more enjoyable. Placement of the pieces must be precise or you loose that middle gold star, but you can replay the level at any time. I definitely needed the replay ability since the puzzles were quite a challenge, but in a good way. It is a nice change of pace from M3 and pictogram/nanogram games.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Feb 10, 15 10:07 PM
I don't like the music and had to mute it. I don't like the vines that cover the picture at the end. In fact, I don't like this game, which is a pity because the other mosaic games are fun.

This one, however, has too many annoying features. No sale.

vikina43
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by vikina43 on Apr 15, 15 4:17 PM
I love this game. Is there any other similar to this one?

Go to: