grabit2
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

can't buy weapons?

[Post New]by grabit2 on Feb 10, 15 11:14 PM
i have the money, heaps of it.. but the game will not let me buy more weapons.. anyone know what is going on?

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

Re:can't buy weapons?

[Post New]by Janette5 on Feb 10, 15 11:31 PM
I'm not sure at which point you're trying to spend your money? So please excuse me if I'm explaining something you already know.

You have two sets of "money". The one set you earn with stars at the end of the level and by receiving your achievements. These you can spend on the power-ups and upgrades in general.

During the game you can only spend the money they give you at the start on weapons and upgrading these weapons. As well as the money earned from killing enemies. If you have any left at the end of the level it is simply lost, it doesn't carry over.

Weapons can only go on certain slots, the two larger ones (Plasma Gun & AA Defense) on square slots. In some of the levels you only have a few square slots and so you cannot buy any more of those two weapons because you cannot place them. When all the circle slots are used up then you cannot buy any more of the other weapons either but you can still upgrade your weapons if you've purchased the upgrades in the "store".

grabit2
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by grabit2 on Feb 11, 15 12:19 AM
thank you for taking the time to reply, i appreciate it..

sorry, i really should have been more specific, i was just so frustrated...

this is during the game, i have the money, i have plenty of both square and round slots, the weapon bar is retracted to the side and i cannot buy more weapons to use in the ongoing battle. seems for no reason i can see... then suddenly i can buy them, but usually too late to be of help.

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Feb 11, 15 4:54 AM
When the weapon bar is docked on the side you can click on a weapon and drag the bar into the frame. From there you can select your weapon and it is easier to drag it in when you click on the money part, the trigger seems to be there.

Also you can pause the game at any time to buy and upgrade weapons. So if the bar is sticking, try the pause and see if that works for you.

grabit2
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by grabit2 on Feb 12, 15 7:06 PM
thank you for that tip.. the bar will come out but i still seem to have a problem selecting a weapon to buy at times.. i just have to work around it.. still playing!

aleutcia
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by aleutcia on Feb 14, 15 5:30 PM
grabit2, I had that problem until I figured out what fixes it. When your weapons bar is extended out and you click on a weapon, but it doesn't seem that you can buy it no matter how many times you click on it, simply click very low on the picture of the weapon. I found that it did not respond to clicking on the picture of the weapon, but it works great when click around the cost of the weapon. Hope it helps you.

grabit2
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by grabit2 on Feb 16, 15 4:32 PM
thank you. that's probably the answer..

[Post New]by sherlockmum on Mar 2, 15 2:33 PM
I have also discovered that it is easier to get the weapon one needs if one clicks/holds on the choice and pull straight up!

Go to: