Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

This is what's going on:

[Post New]by Janette5 on Feb 10, 15 11:45 PM
I saw some of the reviews on the front page that people are confused by what's going on in this game. This is an explanation.

Store
You earn money from ending the level with 1,2, or 3 stars. You also receive achievements and if you go to the achievements board you can receive them and they convert to money. This money you can spend on a variety of upgrades as follows:

Upgrades: This allows you to upgrade your weapon during the game to that level. Upgrades cost money but are necessary.

Base: There are 3 upgrades here - the 1st one is to the defense of your tower, the 2nd to the slots that the weapons are on and the 3rd one to the troops in your tower. During the game on your left there are two buttons, when you click these you can choose to enhance the bases as per the upgrades you've purchased. These enhancements add fire-power and they last the entire level, but they do recharge before you can use them again on the next level. The second button is the troops in your tower that you can send out to fight for you. The really nice thing is that they loop - so if they walk off the screen they will return to the tower and march out from the tower again. They also have to recharge before you can use them again either in the same level or the next level.

Arsenal
These are power-ups that you can use during the game. They are on the right-hand side. There is an explanation beneath each one as to what they do. But here it is as well:

Maintenance Personnel: Click this during the game to repair all your weapons at once. Highly recommended as it is a very quick and cheap way to do so.

Freezing: Click this during the game and all your enemies will turn black for the duration of the power-up and move a little slower.

Resurrection: When you lose a weapon during the game a little RIP sign is put on the slot where the weapon was lost. If you've bought this power-up you can click on the RIP sign to revive the weapon.

Defensive Strike: When there are a lot of troops near your base click on this button to send out a wave that will attack all the troops near your base.

Hand of God This is a really fun power-up. For the duration of it you can click on any enemy and it will be destroyed - any enemy, one click! You can see a circle around the power-up as it runs down so click as many enemies as you can in the 30 seconds.

- continued

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

Re:This is what's going on:

[Post New]by Janette5 on Feb 10, 15 11:49 PM
Aresenal Continued

Urgent Assignment
This allows you to immediately upgrade a weapon to its maximum level. When you have this power-up and you click on a weapon you'll see a medal on the right hand side of the pop-up menu with the number of power-ups you have at the top of it - in small print. If you click that it fully upgrades the weapon.

At the end of each level you are given slots with an option to buy more. This is for you to pick up your most experienced weapons and keep them for the next level. You can then buy them at a reduced cost and they keep their experience although not their upgrades. However, when you keep the same weapons all the time and you use the urgent assignment on them once placed it's a game changer!

Edited on 02/11/2015 at 12:10:12 AM PST

grabit2
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by grabit2 on Feb 11, 15 12:27 AM
thank you ! i could have done with this when i first started playing this game.. worked out some of it, but you have been of help.

like the game tho.. liked Toy Defence 3 - Fantasy too, this one is not quite the same at all.. i will master this one too. if only it would let me buy things when i want to!

Edited on 02/11/2015 at 12:27:41 AM PST

TBat55
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by TBat55 on Mar 21, 15 7:22 PM
When you upgrade you sometimes have an option of 2 paths. If you use Urgent Assignment it is better to have only chosen 1 path.

If you have selections in both paths there is no "maximum". The game has no way of knowing which maximum to use. And by splitting paths (choosing both paths) you're only "watering down" the potential benefit.

It is better to study each path and choose only one path, then upgrade to that maximum. This is what Urgent Assignment will jump to.

Go to: