FionaPa
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Not possible to get last star?

[Post New]by FionaPa on Feb 11, 15 1:43 PM
Hi
Im really enjoying this unique game. However I'd like some instructions on how the game works. It seems like all of my four letter words score between 20 and 35, but every return hit from the monster is 60, so it's not possible to ever win. Is there something I'm missing?
Sincerely, Fiona

Not possible to get last star?

[Post New]by baconbanditgames on Feb 12, 15 4:26 PM
FionaPa wrote:Hi
Im really enjoying this unique game. However I'd like some instructions on how the game works. It seems like all of my four letter words score between 20 and 35, but every return hit from the monster is 60, so it's not possible to ever win. Is there something I'm missing?
Sincerely, Fiona

Hi Fiona,

The final (fourth) star in each stage is meant to be a unique, really difficult challenge. They're meant to be done after you've progressed further in the game (since you can purchase many upgrades and improvements as you play further).

I tried to make it so that the final star seemed different by calling the monsters in those challenges "elite", and by making them a crystal star instead of a normal star.

After you have made it several stages into the game you'll unlock various shops where you can purchase items, including permanent upgrades to your character's max health, damage (so spelling words will do more damage), armor (you will receive less damage from monster attacks), etc.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask if anything isn't clear. Cheers!

Go to: