bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Dark Dimensions: Homecoming Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 12, 15 12:29 AM
Big Fish Editor's Choice! This title was chosen for its high standard of quality and amazingly positive reviews from our Game Club beta testers.

Brought to you by Daily Magic Productions, creators of the acclaimed Dark Dimensions series, comes a chilling new dark dimension to explore!

Years ago, your parents disappeared while investigating an abandoned mansion in Whispering Hollows. Since then, you’ve been traveling the country, tracking down Dark Dimensions and seeking answers to your parents’ strange disappearance. Finally, after all these years, the truth behind your family’s greatest tragedy will be revealed. It’s time to visit Barton Mansion, where it all began. Just watch your back, because this mansion is far from abandoned. All of your training and experience has led to this haunting Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game!

See what our Beta testers had to say:

“Amazing!!! That's the type of game I love to play. Full of achievements, rewards and challenges, without mentioning the beautiful landscapes and quality of the scenarios. Can't wait until it's available for purchaseâ€? - Sean, Beta Tester

“Wonderful Graphics, coins and collectibles well hidden. Puzzles not too challenging and suitable for all players. I like the fact that there are mini games in between too. This game is every bit as good as all the othersâ€? - Stephanie, Beta Tester

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won’t find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

Re:Dark Dimensions: Homecoming Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Tartanpimpernel on Feb 12, 15 2:56 AM
Sorry, but this game is not for me. I have had my fill of haunted houses, creeping vines, little helpers and a palette of mainly purple and pink. Something fresh please.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 12, 15 3:26 AM
I am no longer interested in a game where, every step I take, there is destruction right in front of me. There are far too many thorny vines that keep breaking things and making a mess of everything. It gets tiresome very quickly. Also didn't much care for all those red shades (wherever the vines are found).

Also, I am no longer interested in staring at the main scenes to spot the morphing objects. If they are only in HOS, then it's not so bad, but I don't care to search each scene for a morphing object.

And why hasn't anyone gotten rid of the dog's fleas before they allowed it to join us. Every few seconds he is scratching behind his ear. Makes me nervous.

Also, I didn't care for the overly large house that is the Hint button. It's too far into the screne and in the way.

This is a no-buy for me.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Feb 12, 15 7:14 AM
I found this game very boring.

I agree, please no more haunted houses, ghosts, creeping vines, etc. for a while and give us something new and different.

I use to buy practically every CE that came out because they were that good, but these days I'm lucky if I buy one a week because they seem to be just carbon copies of one another. I think Devs are losing their creativity.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Feb 12, 15 7:15 AM
First of all, the sale today is of no use to me - I own every other game listed on the page. Secondly, while I don't mind 'helpers' I really don't care for buying them things, furnishing their homes, or dressing them up. Think I'll wait on this one, either for a better sale or the SE - whichever comes first. Actually, now I think of it, I haven't gotten around to playing the last Dark Dimensions game. Maybe I'll give that one a go instead.

[Post New]by shelterhill on Feb 12, 15 7:39 AM
Not very impressed, blue, blue and more blue. All scenes looked the same. Kinda like the dog, but nothing out of the ordinary in this game, why is it a CE?? I found nothing extra??
Maybe I will try the SE if it comes out and I am bored at the time, but there are far better games out, so I might forget the whole game..

MerryDaze
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by MerryDaze on Feb 12, 15 8:11 AM
I don't mind haunted house games, but this game is just tedious. Where's the creativity? They all seem alike, it's like playing the same few games over and over again. I'm beginning to think about canceling membership, not sure it's worth it anymore.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Feb 12, 15 9:45 AM
Nothing appealing in this for me. Too many red vines popping up. Too much use of Rocky; I can
enjoy a helper in some games, but not this one. Never been a big fan of morphing objects; waiting
to spot them in main scenes is about as exciting as watching paint dry. Having an indicator that
there IS one in a scene would make it a tad better. "plus" items in inventory is something I usually
like, but here again, this game overdoes them.

Generally, too much of the same things that are better in other games that use them
in moderation. No buy here.

didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by didersham on Feb 12, 15 9:49 AM
Have any of you tried The Emptiness yet? It was a soft release last week and is different and challenging. I did not know if I would like it at first, but I stuck with it and I could not stop playing. I have not felt that way about a game that came out in a loooong time! It is getting great reviews!

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Feb 12, 15 9:56 AM
I bought this game with credits but have reservations about the garish colors. I think the creepy atmosphere would have been better served in true colors instead of the sick blue, purple and red, of which I have become very tired as this is a color scheme that started up about 2 years ago and looks like you are on a bad LSD trip. Hope it holds my interest long enough to finish the game.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Feb 12, 15 10:03 AM
mhatfie wrote:I use to buy practically every CE that came out because they were that good, but these days I'm lucky if I buy one a week because they seem to be just carbon copies of one another. I think Devs are losing their creativity.

I think the Devs are being squeezed to pump out games faster than they can do it and still make good games. Quantity over quality. This has been going on for some time, now, IMHO. Cookie cutter games, one after the other. I remember the days when one, maybe two new games a week came out, but they were well done. I think that might be a better route.

To be honest, I haven't tried this game, and probably won't - unless there is a BOGO or it becomes a DD. The reviews do nothing to encourage me to try it. I've had my fill of furry helpers, unrealistic color schemes, easy puzzles and frou-frou that does nothing to advance the game.

maryerbe
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by maryerbe on Feb 12, 15 11:00 AM
I didnt care for the game ,i didnt even finish Demo ,to much with the vines just seem the same old thing ,the gate how am i getting in ?the yard ,the front door .no buy for me .

phisherman
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by phisherman on Feb 12, 15 11:30 AM
While I do not agree with some people often I do on this one. Do not like this game. I thought we had gotten past the cute helper stage. Especially ones that you have to dress or furnish their home. Come on guys, what is this Sesame Street. This is the kind of games my four year old grandson plays. I also agree with the morphing objects. At least give me an icon to let me know if there is one in the scene and if I have found it. Also agree it is a tedious game and tired of the pink and blues. But before I get myself in trouble let me say. Try it for yourself and make up your own mind.

troischats
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by troischats on Feb 12, 15 11:40 AM
I haven't even bothered downloading the demo. Every single screenshot I've seen of this game is a swirling mass of pink and blue tones - no thank you. What is this obsession with pink/purple/blue overload? And as for animal helpers, everybody's doing it now and it's become really tedious. I am soooo over it.

Oh well, another week of replaying my old favourite games (and it saves me £££s too so every cloud and all that....).

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Feb 12, 15 1:07 PM
didersham wrote:Have any of you tried The Emptiness yet? It was a soft release last week and is different and challenging. I did not know if I would like it at first, but I stuck with it and I could not stop playing. I have not felt that way about a game that came out in a loooong time! It is getting great reviews!

Thanks for reminding me! I thought it looked promising, but had other stuff to do and forgot about it. (Senior moments and all... ) I will definitely give it a try. I know some of the initial reviews were great and some really panned it - no middle ground. Those games usually end up being good games.

didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by didersham on Feb 12, 15 2:00 PM
phatkhat wrote:
didersham wrote:Have any of you tried The Emptiness yet? It was a soft release last week and is different and challenging. I did not know if I would like it at first, but I stuck with it and I could not stop playing. I have not felt that way about a game that came out in a loooong time! It is getting great reviews!

Thanks for reminding me! I thought it looked promising, but had other stuff to do and forgot about it. (Senior moments and all... ) I will definitely give it a try. I know some of the initial reviews were great and some really panned it - no middle ground. Those games usually end up being good games.

You are welcome! There is plenty of help in the forum. This game will exercise your brain and your vision!

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Feb 13, 15 7:45 AM
I thought it was amusing that objects that would get rid of the vines, ie lighter, hot poker, were apparently tossed after each use forcing you to look for a new weapon each time .

The puzzles were atrocious. I felt like an adult playing toddler puzzles that require you to put the round pieces in the round hole.

I quit the demo right after experiencing one of my pet peeves. Couldn't figure out the next step so I used the hint. It teleported me to another scene where the only thing to do was the HOS. Now how was I supposed to know that without using the hint? The best games work you back to a waiting HOS by giving you an item or hint that will send you to the correct scene.

I really want a new game, but this won't be the one.

[Post New]by mmmmk3 on Feb 19, 15 7:51 PM
im rather annoyed at the fact i cant finish the game i have tried watching movies n it but they skip pieces and im really stuck if any one can help please it would be helpful

[Post New]by nancypaul75 on Feb 20, 15 5:50 AM
Purchased this game only to be disappointed in Chapter 2 where the statue only gave me1 Gem instead of 2 and I cannot go any further without it! also my spouse is also playing it, and the game never gave her slingshot so he cannot go any further! How can this be corrected? Have not had any problems with the past few games.Also my email has changed from what it was to nancypaul58@gmail.com. Thank you! Hoping to hear from you soon!

[Post New]by holani on Feb 20, 15 4:00 PM
I agree with just about everyone.This is one of the worst games I've TRIED to play. There are too many of these types of games being put out. They all have the same premise. I liked the first 2 games like Ravenhurst. The third one was ok. I had to go to Game House to find games like Mortimer Beckett that was more challenging than the "growing vine" types. Samantha Smith has a bit more challenging aspects,too. I have always enjoyed Big Fish games, until lately. Will not try to finish this game.

Go to: