Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

Re:Group play for Scratches has started, you are welcome to join in.

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Feb 1, 12 2:36 PM
Calling it a night, I made sure to move Michael out of the basement before quiting the game.

I've done quite a few things and have a really loaded inventory.
** been inside the garage, the green house and the crypt, found the chapel. Need to turn on the water to free the shovel. Thought this might mean turning the stuck valve in the basement, put the crowbar on it, but when iIwant to turn it Michael tucks the crowbar away for future use. That guy is useless. Seems we are missing Mr Blackwood in the crypt, talked to Jerry about it and he thinks I am losing my mind, he is probably right. Haven't made it into the chapel yet

going to try and get the water back on again tomorrow, now it is off to bed.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 1, 12 2:41 PM
CfG, did you try the tap in the greenhouse? That may be a trigger. You did the right thing, but maybe too soon.

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Feb 1, 12 4:18 PM
Thanks Catfish_girl. I will buy them both so I'll be ready when the rest of you are.

hazelize
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by hazelize on Feb 1, 12 4:23 PM
Why, oh why did I enter this damned house?

It's 2:00 pm on Saturday. I've missed the electrician, checked the fuse box, called Jerry, he says to look for candles. I've been all over this house, opened every drawer and have gotten a game message that indicates that there may not even be candles.

I have matches! Please somebody, just tell me: are there candles? I've read 19 pages of posts in this thread and still can't tell!

I think this will be a very creepy house in the dark.

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Feb 1, 12 4:27 PM
hazelize, once you get the message about maybe no more candles you are done looking for candles. . Just keep exploring around ...maybe jerry has an idea what to do now

hazelize
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by hazelize on Feb 1, 12 4:37 PM
Thanks, govols2. He certainly did and now it's 5:00.

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Feb 1, 12 4:50 PM

Good game! I played it when it first came out (boxed version).

Nice thread, kudos!!

hazelize
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by hazelize on Feb 1, 12 5:13 PM
I have two observations. Can you tell me if they're true?

1. It looks like Jerry forwards the game a lot. Does this happen all the way through?

2. You can do something over and over but if it's not the right time there will be no outcome. For example, I left the keys in the ignition in the beginning of the game and would periodically check the car but couldn't get the keys. Only after Jerry suggested going to town did the message change to the dead battery.

This is a great game but what a mental workout!

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Feb 1, 12 5:23 PM
hazelize,

1. Jerry and Barbara do seem to forward it along at the beginning but IMO not very helpful later on. Although I did try and call them all the time just to see.

2. There seems to be lots of things that require a trigger but not everything.

It has been a good game. I would have never played it though if it hadn't been for this group play. Wayyy more fun like that.

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Feb 1, 12 5:39 PM
I made it through till Monday.....whew. Michael is either very
adventurous or a nutcase. I never expected him to go crawling
around in the basement!!!
Who does that??? (By the way, I live alone, the lights were off.
They are now on!!)

I have a question I hope someone can answer: Mostly a curiosity:

* Did anyone else besides me call the number for the bank that
was on the contract?
*\

The reason I asked is cause the choices I picked * got me in trouble
with Robert Blake-not the actor I assume

glamma
Clownfish
Clownfish
736 Posts

[Post New]by glamma on Feb 1, 12 5:43 PM
Yeah, the day off worked for me, I am now finished. Also did the return visit. Was confused by this part of the story, but will wait til everyone is finished before discussing.This was a very good way to do the game with everyone just about at the same place at the same time. I hope we do Return to Mysterious Island next, I did not like the Dracula one at all.

fairjuno
Clownfish
Clownfish
936 Posts

[Post New]by fairjuno on Feb 1, 12 5:54 PM
glamma...I was confused by a couple of things too, but I'll wait til everyone is finished before discussing as well.

Btw...have you played Dracula Origin? I bought it last night and hope I like it.

Edited on 02/01/2012 at 5:54:51 PM PST

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Feb 1, 12 7:03 PM
I finally finished! "Monday" was a loooonnnnnnng day in the game for me; I used lots of hints and help. On that day, it seemed to me there were things to do that didn't seem very logical (more so than in other non-logical games),(eg: why would I go unscrew that mirror from it's base?) and I wouldn't have been able to progress without hints. In The Last Visit, the final dialogue whipped by, for some reason, so fast that I couldn't read it...so after everybody's done, somebody will have to tell me what it all means!

glamma
Clownfish
Clownfish
736 Posts

[Post New]by glamma on Feb 1, 12 7:21 PM

Btw...have you played Dracula Origin? I bought it last night and hope I like it.

Yes, played it when it first came out, don't really like vampire themed stuff.

ooops Not sure why that did not quote fairjuno. Guess I need another lesson.

Edited on 02/01/2012 at 7:23:32 PM PST

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Feb 1, 12 7:29 PM
You're not the only one, luvtoread! I did the same thing.

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on Feb 1, 12 7:41 PM
I'm stuck and at literally the last moment of the game...
...Crazy Michael has gone down the fireplace grate, I tried to get him to leave in the car again, but noooo....so I'm in the dungeon room, I clicked on the table and then the bloody meat on the floor under the window, then I went to the hole in the wall and clicked on it.

I'm just getting a magnifying glass curser. So, I tried using a bunch of inventory items on the spot and nothing. I just checked the walk through and the final cut scene should be playing at this point. I'm 99.9% sure that I know what it's going to be at this point but I wanna see it!
Any advice?

Perheart
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by Perheart on Feb 1, 12 7:51 PM
I finally made it to Sunday morning at 11:00am, got into the secret room and now able to unlock something with the silver key, so when I go back in I will be able to get that part done. I bet I am so far behind everyone else, I know I am all of the ones that I started with on Sat. I will see it through though because I am determend to finish this game.

I have had some top-side problems and that is the reasone I have posted in a few days, I hate when RL gets in the way.

Anyway I jumped in here to post before I go back and catch up to what has been going on.

Welcome to any new fishies that have joined us since I have been gone. I hope you all have a great time.

CfG, If you haven't went to bed yet, good night and sweet dreams!

Jboliver1999, I am tellinggggg. Just kidding! LOL

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Feb 1, 12 7:51 PM
I'm not sure, Tailteann, but ~spoiler~ Can you move over to the opening that's down in the basement? The final scene should take place there. It was at this point that I closed my eyes cause I didn't want to see what was coming. ~end~

Perheart
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by Perheart on Feb 1, 12 8:39 PM
Aquatic wrote:Hello all! You have been amazingly helpful and fun!

Congrats on your morphs catfish girl and sunshine.
Morphicon is now in my lexicon!

After two nightmares, crawling around in the basement, poking around in the crypt, and digging in the garden,, who besides me thinks Michael should just run to the nearest town and find a pub!

Thank you Aquatic, I hope you are having fun with the way we do the group playing I love it.

fairjuno
Clownfish
Clownfish
936 Posts

[Post New]by fairjuno on Feb 1, 12 9:05 PM
Tailteann...Oh man, I didn't *see the bloody meat on the floor under the window.* LOL! *Did you see the glowing eyes? * I don't know, maybe you're lucky. LOL! I was pretty freaked out at this point of the game. Wish I could help.

Go to: