OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

Re:Welcome to Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' forum

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Oct 28, 17 10:37 AM
hopie31 wrote:CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO GET THE OIL FOR THE ROMANIA MISSIONS PLEASE

Same way you get fuel for any other of the countries. You play countries and gather collectibles. Then on the collection tab go to a group and pick one that has five collectibles that are needed. Collect the reward. Which will take you to another scene that you place objects where they belong - you can hit the SKIP and it will do it for you and costs nothing.

Collections will give you one fuel. Playing the countries give you different amounts with each scene played.

Or you can buy in the store.

Edited on 10/28/2017 at 10:37:48 AM PST

[Post New]by KSSage on Nov 23, 17 4:46 PM
Can someone help me figure out how to enter the ASE Museum office as part of a quest request from Yokohama Chris? I have upgraded the wharf & talked to him & now I am on the museum grounds, but the office entrance is still dark & unavailable for entrance & when I click on'fix' the menu closes. When I click on 'customize', it lets me in to upgrade building colors, but I don't think that is what need to do open the office door. I have played for since game was first released, but had to download & start over when my windows 7 crashed. Before the quest from Chris, it would tell me what I needed to do to enter the office, but now if I click on 'enter' or 'fix' it closes the menu. do i need to uninstall & reinstall & if I do will I have to start over again? Please help...thank you.

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Nov 28, 17 2:57 AM
My first guess is that your antique rating may be too low; it needs to be at least 1000 to enter the museum. Check your rating by clicking on your profile icon (top left of the game screen).

If your rating is ok, the following thread may have the information you need:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/357491.page
The thread also has info on how to get a higher rating.

[Post New]by aaronypaty on Dec 3, 17 7:21 PM
I went everyone it sent me and was to have won a key to unlock an area but did not get it. I do not even know where it was to be so I am totally stuck. It was to use in the Secret Library in Bellingham. Anyone have any suggestions about what to do now? I may have to give it up, although I am at level 36 and hate to loose it all - including the money I have spent buying gold coins!

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Dec 4, 17 2:15 AM
You probably did get the key, but didn't use it immediately.
If you don't use an item right away, you lose it.

I looked through old threads
( http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/553619.page )
and found this info for you:
"
Opening the Secret Library mini-scenes

All the quests are part of a series of quests called Rare Books Library

1) Opening the chest
You will receive a quest from Adalia.
The first part of the quest will tell you to find the Chest Key (Play the Carnival, Kansas).
The second part of the quest will tell you to unlock the chest.

2) Cleaning the Window
You will receive a quest from Adalia
The first part of the quest tells you to find a window cleaner (Play Oldstein Bank)
The second part of the quest tells you to clean the window.

3) Unlocking the Door
You will receive a quest from Martin.
The first part of the quest tells you to find a library card (Play Botanica Al Fresco).
The second part of the quest tells you to unlock the entrance to the Secret Librabry.

YOU MUST PLAY BOTH PARTS OF THE QUEST IN THE SAME PLAYING SESSION. DO NOT EXIT THE GAME UNTIL YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE ENTIRE QUEST.
"

Go back to the Carnival, Kansas and see if you can win the key again.
Then immediately go to the Library to use it.
Make sure you have enough energy to do both quests before you start.

If you cannot get the key again, you'll have to restart.
There is a way to restart without losing your coins, collectibles or gold (but you do lose food, keepsakes and experience).

[Post New]by elim2ho on Jan 2, 18 7:33 AM
I was playing this game 4 months ago my computer died and I bought another which resulted in my game not being reinstalled so I had to restart my game is there anyway I can recover my old game? I had over 500 gold bars and I think I was on level 74.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jan 10, 18 4:55 AM
At the point you started up Big Fish with the new computer you would have had to log into the game with your name and password to regain your old game. Sounds like you started a new account. There is a quest that has you register your game to the server. Which means you have two games now.

While it is possible to switch between two game accounts, you have to have the name game and password you chose for each account. I suppose you can contact customer service and see if they can give you the first game name and reset the password; there is a link to customer service at the bottom of the screen.

Do know that if you play more than one game you have a chance of the two becoming merged to the lower game. Bits of the game are kept on your local hard drive - so essentially you are pouring two games into one folder and hence the problem. I have played six games on my machine at the same time and not had the problem but I seem to be the exception of them not merging.

prehittena
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by prehittena on Jan 28, 18 11:06 PM
how often do they update this game if ever? I love playing it but would love to see some new challenges and be able to finish the area around the "museum". That could possibly provide new areas and neighbors to develop don't you think?

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jan 31, 18 5:06 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for being willing to assist one another with questions regarding the game Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'. I can see that while most of the questions have been answered, I wanted to swim by to answer a few others that have been raised.

prehittena, I can absolutely understand wanting to know if there are some content updates that can be expected. For this specific game, the decision was made to no longer provide updates for the game, which means that known issues that require an update as well as content will not be receiving an update in the future unless this decision is rescinded. For more information regarding that decision, please see our announcement below:

An important announcement regarding Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' - May 18, 2015

We hope what is currently available is still fun to play, and if you ever have questions about the game, don't hesitate to create a new discussion or contact any of our active Moderators.

Players looking for assistance or hints or workarounds for some of the known issues in the game may be able to find it in our helpful links thread linked below:

Helpful Links for Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'

And if players would like assistance with a purchase or just further assistance in general, don't hesitate to contact our Customer Support Team with those purchase details. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as they can to assist.

Thank you everyone for your time. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by marybell0369 on Mar 21, 18 8:57 AM
How do you make friends on this game?

My friend code is 2757 7303

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Mar 22, 18 1:56 PM
Hello marybell0369,

Welcome to the forums! That's an excellent question, and I'd be happy to help out.

In this game, players can exchange their social codes, like what you've provided. Clicking on the "Friends" section will allow you to add another player's social code to become a neighbor. You're already well on your way to having more players add your code, so I just wanted to provide a thread that can help players find more codes to add and also is a place to add your own code for others to add:

Social Code

In the above thread, players have provided their social code for others to add, so it's a great place to continue making friends in the game.

Thank you for your time and I hope this was helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by marybell0369 on Apr 3, 18 9:08 AM
I dont see any friend codes, am i overlooking them?

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Apr 4, 18 7:32 PM
There is a thread called Social Codes. That is the Blue Link that bfglinalta left for you in their response. I would only try the two most recent pages of the thread. Lots of the earlier players have long since quit.

There is also an icon within the game that says friends - you can make five friend requests a day. Might not get a lot of responses that way but you might. Worth a try.

Find your own code and post it is the Social Code thread, will most likely get you results.

[Post New]by ShariAlyce on Apr 23, 18 5:14 PM
My problem is with a couple of the cities the flower shop in Rock Springs Wyoming, it says the I am supposed to have a fly to open the Venus fly trap but there isn't there is a zipper to open the wagon but I have already done that without the fly I cant collect all the hidden objects, and the other on is Margaret's house in Atlanta Georgia, the problem with that one is it says I should have gloves to open the book but I don't so I can't finish the levels. I have another thing to say it takes a really long time to recover energy. I hope somebody can help me.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Apr 24, 18 5:58 PM
The gloves in Margaret's were received in South Dakota WAY before you got to level 39 to use them and they are gone. I am afraid you will have to restart your game. Look in the folder that says Helpful Links and you will find one about Margaret's.

In regard to losing the zipper, the Spring Event is now done and those mini-scenes will not be able to be opened until next year when the event rolls around again. The Spring Event thread is still on page one and you can reference it to see where you might have gone wrong.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Apr 26, 18 7:52 PM
Be sure to check out

Helpful Links for Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/285313.page

It has clickable links to some of the high lights or glitches, as the case may be...from beginning to end.

Big thanks to bfgArinelle for taking the time to post the threads for all you folks that don't know this game exists yet.

Edited on 04/26/2018 at 7:53:26 PM PST

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Apr 28, 18 3:10 AM
I never finished this spreadsheet - it was documenting quest by quest. But it will get someone through Old Friends, Fresh Memories - opening Aunt Margaret's mini scenes into open Idaho, the first 239 quests.

Who knows I might go back to it and finish it for the game at some point.

Nuts and Bolts

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSKZtjbn3gP76FbNunzAzD20UTGtjap38sORUZo7DgMEE8FwblQFJ5UVi680NcALhiMUHZkRkQ_uNOM/pubhtml

Edited on 04/28/2018 at 3:14:55 AM PST

Go to: