mj14
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by mj14 on Mar 9, 14 1:26 PM
charlieisr wrote:MY GIFTS ARE NOT GETTING TO THE PEOPLE I AM SENDING THEM TO. THE NUMBER OF GIFTS GOES DOWN IT LEAVES MY INVENTORY. I DO NOT GET A POSTCARD. AND THE INDTENDED PERSON DOES NOT MOVE TO THE GIFTED SECTION AT THE END OF LINE AND I HAVE ASKED THE PERSON THE GIFT WAS INTENDED FOR IF THEY GOT IT. THE ANSWER IS ALWAYS NO!!! ITS BAD ENOUGHT WE CAN ONLY SEND 5 A DAY BUT WHEN YOU CAN'T EVEN GIFT THE 5 IT IS VERY FRUSTRATING.

I find that if I try to gift shortly after it resets for the day and you can again send 5 gifts, that my game does the same thing. I have taken to never sending gifts within a 2 hour window after the reset. I think it is because the server is bogged down with lots of others trying to gift at the same time. See if this helps.

mj14
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by mj14 on Mar 9, 14 1:27 PM
bfgWendwater wrote:Great News for those of you experiencing issues with the game!

We have just been informed about a planned update on March 10, 2014 that will address these problems. The Midnight Castle servers will be down for about 5 hours while the update is implemented.

For more information about this, please click the blue link below:

<a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/0/273645.page">Important || Update planned for March 10, 2014</a>

bfgWendwater

I have a big concern here as we will be FORCED to update the game this time. I was able to continue playing because I never installed the last update that caused so many people issues. Do we have a guarantee that it has been tested thoroughly this time???

[Post New]by llaurelwreath on Mar 9, 14 3:44 PM
Is anyone else noticing that the timer in the HOS and the timer in the round summary don't always match? Sometimes the summary is as much as 2 seconds off.

Also, has anyone noticed that sometimes if you change scenes too quickly the coins from the flower seek get lost and never make the coin totals?

[Post New]by kalgoorliegal on Mar 9, 14 8:55 PM
Since the last update I have not even been able to load this game, I click on in and do not even get the dreaded ERROR message, it is just not there so my question is it going to fix that issue as well as many others?

I have also notice funny things going on with my system since this debacle all happened for instance I have no windows media player any more, it has just GONE, have DLL or driver files been deleted along with this game??? it was working perfectly fine before the update and the FELIX report, it is a feature of windows how could it possible be just GONE???

millsy
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by millsy on Mar 10, 14 2:56 AM
I'm in Australia,when will the new update be ready,as in how many more hours from now?

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Mar 10, 14 8:30 AM
G'day,

The newest update is now online!

We are aware that there is currently an issue with accepting friends in the game. We are working on a fix as we speak and I'll post when we have more news

This update resolves the error that some users were seeing at Level 18. Anyone impacted by this issue will see a message in game to say 'Unfortunately, we found a problem with your save. A query is sent and the problem will be solved. Please note that fixing this problem might take a considerable amount of time. Please try to launch the game later.'

The game has sent a message to the developers who will restore the game for you. Please allow up to 48 hours for this to be completed

bfgMurrumbidgee

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Mar 10, 14 8:43 AM
I downloaded the update and am able to start the game. However I've encountered two glitches so far. First, when I collect flowers the game crashes on the 5th flower and the "midnight castle.exe" has stopped working message pops up. Fortunately I can still get back into the game.

Second glitch is that when I click on the dice game I get the message about the saved game error. The one that comes up for level 18 players that are locked out. Again I can restart the game and get back in right after it kicks me out.

karatopa
Catfish
Catfish
1,550 Posts

cant accept friends

[Post New]by karatopa on Mar 10, 14 8:57 AM
just downloaded new update because it said mine was out of date playing all HOS fine but when i go to accept new friend it tells me cannot connect to internnet try later is this a glitch

[Post New]by jomaxaz on Mar 10, 14 9:45 AM
Hello -

I am playing on a Windows 7 PC, never installed the update, at Level 15 with no previous problems.

This morning upon my first login, the Big Fish splash screen is presented and then a message pops up that is not in English. I'm not sure what language it is in but looks like some kind of Cyrillic. Selecting either the OK or the X on this message closes the game. I'm able to restart the game again but the same pop up message appears every time and the game closes when the message is acknowledged.

I'm hesitant to install the update since I never had any issues with the original game and am not sure if the update being presented to me is the March 10 update or the previous one.

Please advise.

Thank you.

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Mar 10, 14 10:12 AM
So now after updating those that were locked out still have to wait another 48 hours to play? How can they (devs) specifically fix my game (since I sent the notice) ? Will there be another update or do we just need to wait another day or two to play ?

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Mar 10, 14 10:12 AM
I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game. The coin glitch that kicked me out of the game when I collected the 5th flower is fixed. The same goes for the dice game.

But the new pets are locked and the ship shows the old quest items instead of the new stuff. I have a game on another computer and the pets are not locked and the ship items are all new. Is there anything I can do?

mizzelle
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by mizzelle on Mar 10, 14 10:16 AM
The biggest thing is when I go to accept friend requests I get the "cannot connect to server" message, so I'm not sure if the acceptance goes through?

[Post New]by breadbakingmum on Mar 10, 14 10:20 AM
Hi

I have been playing with no issues up until now and had just got to level 18 with 4 quests still to complete. I installed the new update and all seemed well. I logged out for about 30 minutes and when I tried to re-open the game received the "problem with save" error message. I don't understand why this should happen because I was not one of the players who had been locked out or received the -exe- error before.
Why should the patch affect those who did not have a problem in the first place?
I am very disappointed, because like others, I have been playing very slowly for weeks in order to avoid the issues which so many others had reported in the forums and it seems we have all now been thrown into the same boat regardless.
BFG....WHAT ARE YOU PLAYING AT ????

Bee zz

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Mar 10, 14 10:28 AM
breadbakingmum wrote:Hi

I have been playing with no issues up until now and had just got to level 18 with 4 quests still to complete. I installed the new update and all seemed well. I logged out for about 30 minutes and when I tried to re-open the game received the "problem with save" error message. I don't understand why this should happen because I was not one of the players who had been locked out or received the -exe- error before.
Why should the patch affect those who did not have a problem in the first place?
I am very disappointed, because like others, I have been playing very slowly for weeks in order to avoid the issues which so many others had reported in the forums and it seems we have all now been thrown into the same boat regardless.
BFG....WHAT ARE YOU PLAYING AT ????

Bee zz

Exactly the same here. SO disappointed now. Are these updates not tested at all?

[Post New]by eraine on Mar 10, 14 10:37 AM
My download of the update has been stuck at 0% all morning. I have tried pausing and restarting the download, and I also tried closing the app and then restarting it. My internet connection is fine.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 10, 14 10:40 AM
Same thing happened to me. After the update, I played my second game twice but, when I tried to go back in again I get the message that there is a problem with my save. That's supposed to be the message you get when you get locked out of the game....which I did get on the game I was locked out of in January. So now it looks like I'll have to wait up to 48 hours to play either of these two games. Thanks for nothing.

What I find extremely annoying is that BFG must have known that players who had previously been locked out would get this message requiring another 48 hour wait. Otherwise, how could they have answered the complaints about this so quickly?? Wondering why they couldn't have let us know that when they issued their notification of the update?

Really can't say anything positive about Elephant Games at all. First they intentionally lock players out of a game simply because they haven't developed any further content. BFG takes players money for gems/coins despite this significant technical issue which constitutes fraud. Then, this update turns out to be an absolute joke. What's next with this game? So far, all they succeeded in doing is ruining an otherwise fun game.

catfrog
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by catfrog on Mar 10, 14 10:47 AM
Anyone else have this glitch? I updated and can play all scenes and do everything else in the game including sending gifts BUT I have a request to add a friend and every time I try to ( 4x so far ) I am immediately disconnected from the server. In fact the social screen is different - it opens with all the fields blank and takes about 5 - 10 seconds to load...

Edited on 03/10/2014 at 10:48:56 AM PST

harrysbag
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by harrysbag on Mar 10, 14 10:51 AM
Having same problem, been told that save is a problem and that it could take ""some time"" to sort out

[Post New]by Conrou on Mar 10, 14 11:12 AM
I was forced to update the game (level 15). After the update I couldn't play the game, because Bigfish Gamemanager didn't work anymore. How is this possible? How can I play the game any further?

[Post New]by moomoo2011 on Mar 10, 14 11:12 AM
hiya

I have that message too got told it can take upto 48 hours to sort out

Go to: