Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Drawn: The Painted Tower comments and reviews

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 11, 09 4:18 PM
There is. pyiap is one of the developers, if you'd like to look up his posts.

[Post New]by MickeyMikado on Sep 11, 09 4:30 PM
I left an earlier review as I think this game is absolutely one of the best hands down. It is fabulous. Having said that, I'm wondering if BigFish has given us the game of Drawn this Fall instead of the next release of Azada. I would have expected the third rendition by now. I would absolutelly jump for joy if they presented the third release of Azada in the same moving graphics and spellbinding music as Drawn. I admit I was distracted by Drawn, but I'm still anxiously awaiting the next Azada chapter. What about it, BigFish...are we going to see Azada 3 anytime soon?

Debra_Jean
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Debra_Jean on Sep 11, 09 6:56 PM
OMG! What a great game! I LOVED the artwork...LOVED the puzzles...and the story was so interesting! I wasn't too fond of the hints offered, even though I didn't have to use them but a couple of times. The hints seemed more cryptic than anything, and I had several questions after I tried the hints. Had to use the walkthrough once, because I missed one item and couldn't find it anywhere. I moved my cursor too fast and didn't see the "hand" to pick up the item. But it was a truly wonderful game and the best graphics I have encountered in this type of game. I usually play the hidden object games that have a good story to go along with them. If I could find more adventure type games like this, I would play all the time! Thanks, BIG FISH for another wonderful game! I can't wait for the sequel to see what happens to Iris!

[Post New]by purplemomma on Sep 11, 09 8:22 PM
I have heard great things about this game. But I keep receiving an error message about an access violation and at 0x0046FC67 (tried to read from 0xFFFF75F8), Program Terminated.

Any ideas about what is causing it and what I can do about it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Drawn: The Painted Tower comments and reviews

[Post New]by marysleuth on Sep 11, 09 8:24 PM
[

[Post New]by Tikasmom on Sep 11, 09 8:25 PM
I've really enjoyed the game, until I tried to go into the Witch Doctor picture. Every time I click on it (after reassembling it), the credits start to run, then the purchase screen opens up! I'd really like to continue on with the game, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. Is there a fix for this? Maybe delete and start again???

Karen

Drawn: The Painted Tower comments and reviews

[Post New]by marysleuth on Sep 11, 09 8:27 PM
Great adventure game. Enjoyed every minute. Not too hard. Not too childish. Loved it.

patwylie
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by patwylie on Sep 11, 09 9:00 PM
MickeyMikado wrote:I left an earlier review as I think this game is absolutely one of the best hands down. It is fabulous. Having said that, I'm wondering if BigFish has given us the game of Drawn this Fall instead of the next release of Azada. I would have expected the third rendition by now. I would absolutelly jump for joy if they presented the third release of Azada in the same moving graphics and spellbinding music as Drawn. I admit I was distracted by Drawn, but I'm still anxiously awaiting the next Azada chapter. What about it, BigFish...are we going to see Azada 3 anytime soon?

We are diligently working on the next version of Azada. Stay tuned.

Pat

[Post New]by romie1 on Sep 11, 09 9:25 PM
Loved this game. Not too hard and the graphics were super.Just finished and am already waiting for the sequel. Big Fish rules!

skrier82
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by skrier82 on Sep 11, 09 11:10 PM
I'd like to give kudos to all the members for recognizing the BFG team and their HUGE success with this game- very classy, and well deserved.

Hat's off BFG- great, great game.

[Post New]by ciroccojones on Sep 11, 09 11:42 PM
Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right. This is my first attempt to post a message. So here goes...

I liked this game very much, as far as the graphics and puzzles were concerned. But I was able to finish it in a little over three hours. I do not feel that this is sufficient play time for any game.

amv713
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by amv713 on Sep 11, 09 11:57 PM
Like pretty much everyone else, I really loved this game. I thought it was beautiful to look at, as well as very original and creative in its plotting. Can't wait for the sequel!

ShazzaB
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by ShazzaB on Sep 12, 09 1:05 AM
I bought this game from the reviews and I've just finished it. It was absolutely wonderful, fabulous even. I even read the credits! Buy it, you won't be disappointed one little bit. A tip for everyone I just found, if you go to the credits
from the main menu, there is a link to the walkthrough and the forum.

[Post New]by SnowCap13 on Sep 12, 09 4:14 AM
I can feel a second installment coming on! Actually I hope the power of suggestion works. Come on, you've got to let us explore the basement! Grouse game!

[Post New]by serpentxxx2002 on Sep 12, 09 4:35 AM
not too bad.. good puzzles, took me 4 hours. NO replayability, however.. one you finish it, that's it, no more fun. i finished the demo in 30 minutes. the art was good, but who plays a game for the art. I WISH I HADN'T BOUGHT IT, HOWEVER.. 6.99 DOWN THE TOILET.. DONT BUY IT! 1 OF 5 THUMBS UP, 4 DOWN..

[Post New]by serpentxxx2002 on Sep 12, 09 4:37 AM
so, there's a second installment coming up? i'll be SURE to MISS IT!!!

whatleyk
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by whatleyk on Sep 12, 09 8:08 AM
I didn't think it was fair that we're given an hour to demo the game, but can only get up to the witch doctor painting before being told the demo is over. My Vista system didn't show me the message, but my XP system did. I thought there was a bug in the game on my Vista system because I kept getting kicked out to watch the movie, then out to the BFG site. I want to buy it, but want to play more before I do. The comments are pretty positive for the most part, & I do like the artwork.

lagj
Clownfish
Clownfish
588 Posts

[Post New]by lagj on Sep 12, 09 8:10 AM
I just wanted to say thankyou for this wonderful game. I really enjoyed it. It had just enough challenge and the story was good. The places you had to go and the things you had to get were not too hard. The only place I had to go to the walkthrough was I didn't see where the gong hammer was hiding. I think that is my bad eyesight not the fault of the game.

I do have one wish on furture adventures of Drawn, could you please make the puzzles playable after the game is finished. Some times I rush by them because I am impatient and want to get on with the game and then I would like to go back and see if I can figure them out without going to the walkthrough.

Thanks again for a wonderful game. I knew I was coming to the end so I played slower and slower so it wouldn't end, but everything must end.

I hope the mods read this. I know it is a little late as everyone has finished it already.
WTG GF!!!!!!

HolliAnne77
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by HolliAnne77 on Sep 12, 09 8:52 AM
Absolutely fabulous game! Loved everything about it! The graphics, gameplay, expanding hints...PLEASE - MORE OF THESE!!!

Holli Anne

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Sep 12, 09 8:57 AM
I loved this game. The artwork and the music were incredible. The puzzles were very challenging, and the plot was interesting. My only complaint is that the game missed a chance to be an instant classic by
SPOILER!!!!!
simply wrapping up the ending more completely. How hard would it have been to simply have the evil reemerge in the next game looking for Iris? Now Iris is hiding in a lost book. Great job saving her.
END SPOILER
Other than that, one of the best games I've ever played from Big Fish.

P.S. If there's a way to do spoiler tags on this board, I don't know it. Sorry!

Go to: