kittyfish51
Marlin
Marlin
8,439 Posts

Re:Drawn: The Painted Tower technical issues

[Post New]by kittyfish51 on Jan 24, 12 1:07 AM
Hi - I have same prob. On Drawn: Painted Tower I get the intro, set the levels and begin play and the 3 boxes with the sparkles and it freezes. Contacted customer service and they suggested tweaks to my computer settings. When I went to tweak my settings were at higher levels. My LT is not even 1 yr old and I got it built with extra graphics for TV and games. So I sighed and left it be.

Tonight I thought I'd try the other 2 in the series. I downloaded and played both the Drawn: Dark Flight and Drawn: Trail of Shadows.

So my question is now - if the other 2 games in the series (one more recent than the Painted Tower work) - then isn't it something in the game and not my LT??

Would like thoughts from the pond.. then maybe I'll try Customer Service again with the new info.

Interested because the games are awesome - how cleaver and beautiful!!

Thanks for your input fishies

Kittyfish

Edited on 01/24/2012 at 1:08:47 AM PST

7SlotFever
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by 7SlotFever on Feb 8, 12 2:12 PM
Hi Folks,

I just purchased this game and have been playing it.
I'm running it on a brand new computer (a month old) and am having some issues that others reported in 2009.

In my case, the game just quits. Much like it does when you're playing a trial, but without popping up the BFG program. Again, I have already purchased this game.
When it does quit, I have to reboot my computer because for some reason the BFG software seems to think it's still running and it will not start. I have tried the three finger salute and do not see it running on my system. A reboot clears it up and I can play again, but it's kind of aggravating.

[Post New]by Poldikater on Feb 26, 12 11:13 AM

jthomson36 wrote:Well I just purchased the game and started it up and I can't get the game to go past the the intro screen. the screen is just blank after the intro. I exited out of the game and went back into it and changed profile names and it still only goes through the intro and then stops.

I'm having the exact same problem. I get three boxes and I can see the sparkles from whatever I have to click on but I can't actually see anything except for the sparkles.

birdie5 wrote:I am having the same problem with my new laptop. Plays fine on the older laptop and both are Win7 64-bit so I don't know what the problem is.

Same problem here. Please help.

Edited on 02/26/2012 at 1:00:50 PM PST

[Post New]by StereoParanoia on Apr 26, 12 11:03 AM
davros989 wrote:This game on the iPad has the built in achievements feature with game centre, sadly despite earning them in game, not a single one has registered with game centre... This seems to be a common theme for big fish games, any fix known? Am connected to Internet and game centre at all times. Have contacted customer support but they rarely reply and when then do it is always a generic response that never helps.

this, and the weird thing is, in the demo+IAP the achievments show up fine in gamecenter, the (Full) version, not so much. this ever gonna be fixed, kinda disappointing.

Edited on 04/26/2012 at 11:04:08 AM PST

r9s9e
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by r9s9e on May 19, 12 1:08 PM
When I start the game, the menu and intro work just fine, but then when I try and play, there are just three large blocks and some sparkles. There is no cursor either, so I cant even attempt to click the object that the sparkles are coming from in the hope that it will clear up. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so what did you do? I tried uninstalling and re-downloading to no avail.

[Post New]by Kurohana on May 24, 12 8:47 AM
I bought it a few days ago and installed it on my Windows7 64bit laptop but it didn't work as many of you say.
After that I installed it on my Vista desktop and it seems working fine.
Maybe this game doesn't work on Windows7. System requirement says it works with XP/Vista.
I think it should be said 'Doesn't work on Windows7' in a way everyone can see it easily.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 26, 12 4:39 AM
Hi Fishies,

This game should be compatible for Windows 7. If it's not working for you, you may want to see if an update to one of the components needed to play our games might help. Here is a help article with more information:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

In regards to the iPad version, if Customer Support didn't understand your issue properly, please do reply to the email you received to indicate you still need help. If the assistance is not to your satisfaction, feel free to ask for the issue to be escalated.

If your game still is giving you trouble after completing those steps, please get in touch with our Tech Support and one of our reps will be more than happy to work on this with you.

Hope this helps!

-bfgRhone

[Post New]by michelem0918 on Jun 5, 12 9:30 PM
Does anybody know what to do when you get to the ice screen with the two lions? I followed the guide 4 times and no luck! I've even hit skip and it won't let me. One of the lions on the right outside the frame will NOT turn green! I can get the left one green outside the frame but it doesn't turn the right ones eyes green they continue to stay red no matter how many times I reset or skip I can't get through this spot. The guide says tap on the numbered whiskers 3x. Is that 3 at once or 3x around a circle? Either way I have tried it both ways. 2 hours worth of time and it's still not letting me pass.
HELP,,HELP,,HELP!!!
michelemutchler9@hotmail.com

[Post New]by dudleydorite on Jul 16, 12 3:52 AM
I have tried to install this game, not only from disc also downloaded, as I loved the other drawn game. But I have no graphics after the initial narration. I can't see the mouse icon and it brings up only big blue and orange squares, nothing else. The sound is OK but no picture. I was able to play the other Drawn game with no issues, so I don't think it's to do with my screen resolution. Needless to say, I'm a bit disappointed.

[Post New]by Poldikater on Sep 3, 12 10:37 AM
dudleydorite wrote:I have tried to install this game, not only from disc also downloaded, as I loved the other drawn game. But I have no graphics after the initial narration. I can't see the mouse icon and it brings up only big blue and orange squares, nothing else. The sound is OK but no picture. I was able to play the other Drawn game with no issues, so I don't think it's to do with my screen resolution. Needless to say, I'm a bit disappointed.

absolutely the same problem here. And whenever you write to tech support you get the same old automated reply: check out your settings, read the help files, bla bla bla
I am really very disappointed. Both parts 2 and 3 of the game work fine.

[Post New]by MickeyD1369 on Sep 29, 12 10:25 PM
Hey All,

My wife is really stressed now...we bought this game and it worked perfectly for us...not a problem. She has now played the game through to almost the end of the game and can't go any further...Spoilers to follow for those who don't want to know...

In the Fire and Ice section at the end. She has solved both the Dragon Painting and the Ice/Griffon painting sections. She placed the 2 gears in the pedestel and clicked on it to reveal the stairs to Iris' book, placed the Griffon key in the book and been told to collect the sketches to go in the book. She descended the stairs and was for some reason able to click on the gears pedestel again. The picture didn't change but made all the noises of the tower going up again. After it completed she is now no longer able to leave the scene. She can't go up toward the book or descend down to get the sketches...can't even click on the Dragon or Griffon paintings to get the sketches from there...seems very "bug in the game"...any suggestions from developer like people out there???

Thanks in advance...

MickeyD

[Post New]by fotogo on Nov 8, 12 5:52 PM
I can't get past the window restoration puzzle. All the pieces are in but I need to pick up and rotate one to get the correct solution. However I cannot grab any of the pieces out of the window. I am stuck. Anyone else have this problem?

bobo144
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by bobo144 on Jan 26, 13 9:17 AM
I seemed to have some issues with transitioning between and back from at least 3 of the portraits. I got a system error twice and three times the games froze and I had to restart. I'm not sure if it's the game or my computer, however, my computer is fairly new.

[Post New]by Ipollipolli on Feb 22, 13 6:40 AM
Hi - I'm not sure what is happening with this game - whether there is a technical problem or I just don't know what to do.
I'm in the cave of sorrow, I manage to find the bird glyph and the snail glyph, but I can't get the rabbit one.
I 've read the walkthrought, and I know I have to grab the apple in the upper left corner, on the apple tree...but it doesn't work! I'm stuck!
Anyone encountered this problem or know how fix?
I'm using an IPad...

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Feb 22, 13 7:08 AM
Did you go inside the cave and mix the colors? Remember the statue of the unfinished rabbit outside of the painting? Complete it and you should get something in return for the rabbit.

[Post New]by nutcracker1 on Apr 20, 13 5:40 AM
I am not in the demo, I bought the game. I am on my second or third visit to the witch doctor painting; everything has gone well until now. But I can't get back out of the painting, the cursor won't change into an arrow to let me out. If I hit escape, I can get to the main menu, but if I leave and come back, I'm still stuck in the painting. Anyone know what I can do to get the thing working? I saw a suggestion below to turn off the custom cursor; I'll try that.

[Post New]by nutcracker1 on Apr 20, 13 1:38 PM
I tried turning off the custom cursor, and also downloaded an updated graphics driver. I am still stuck in the witch doctor painting. The cursor absolutely will not become an arrow to let me out--even though I've already been in and out of the painting several times.

I use Windows 8. The games specs say the game should be compatible with that.

[Post New]by LysKitsune on May 26, 13 6:37 AM
This game seems very creative and clever and I enjoyed what I played of it, but the technical issues are prolific on this one. Currently I'm at the witchdoctor painting and now can't exit the painting to continue with the three masks objective. No 'back out' arrow will appear anywhere on the screen.

[Post New]by MacKnife74 on Oct 28, 13 2:22 AM
I have to agree. This is one of three games that crashed on my PC. And I guess I have played hundreds. I don't believe it is my machine, which I even had to switch off twice as a black screen is no help to man nor beast. Even <ctrl><alt><del> was black and invisible.
Not a good look chaps.

[Post New]by fenris08 on Nov 13, 13 4:57 PM
My computer meets all of the system requirements but when I press play on the menu screen, I get a scene where there are objects missing or there wouldn't be any objects at all. I would either see rectangles in various colors and for example in the second scene, all I would see is rain and an area sparkling.

Go to: