Cyril48
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sir Match-a-Lot (PC) here.

[Post New]by Cyril48 on Jan 14, 18 11:11 AM
Regarding the problem getting the hook to get through the gate at 66 matchville there is a tech issue with this and the tech guys were able to remove the blockage for me allowing me to continue. Thanks guys(Couldn't put this on the hook thread as that thread has been closed)

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jan 15, 18 3:40 PM
Hello Cyril48,

Our Sir Match-a-Lot Support Team definitely tries its best to help out when they are able, and I'm glad to hear they were able to help in this particular circumstance.

If other players need assistance for a similar issue where an item isn't being awarded properly, don't hesitate to contact our Support Team above with your in-game ID and a description of what is occurring and in what world and level. Our Reps will be happy to help out as best they can as quickly as possible.

Thanks for your patience everyone. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 01/15/2018 at 5:19:51 PM PST

Bridell
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Bridell on Jan 31, 18 3:41 AM
For a while some issues when launching the game. Mostly the cursor wont show up. Have to restart the game, sometimes several times, before it launches properly.

Win10 - latest version
latest nvidia drivers

The cursor is still there, just invisible.

missbethann
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by missbethann on Jan 31, 18 7:04 AM
Bridell wrote:For a while some issues when launching the game. Mostly the cursor wont show up. Have to restart the game, sometimes several times, before it launches properly.

Win10 - latest version
latest nvidia drivers

The cursor is still there, just invisible.

I have had this invisible cursor for several months now. Sometimes I have it but it becomes invisible when I click on a link to open a new world, confirm on a NEXT or OK etc, Have brought it up to tech support but nothing is done about it. Yes, I do the 3 finger salute up to 6 times before I can get a playable game. I am also win10 on a PC.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jan 31, 18 3:51 PM
Hello Bridell and missbethann,

It sounds like there is some trouble with a missing cursor, and that there has already been some troubleshooting attempted when trying to resolve this. Thank you for your patience while waiting on a response.

Since it sounds like this continues to occur and requires multiple attempts to be able to play, I definitely recommend contacting our Sir Match-a-Lot Support Team with details about what is occurring and when. It might also help to provide the steps you've already tried to resolve those issues and what occurred. If you are able to do so, providing your in-game ID can also help with investigating what might be happening. Our Reps will be certain to follow up to request any additional information that may be necessary or to provide further suggestions as soon as they can.

Thank you both for taking the time to let us know your experiences with the game and what has worked for you. If there are further questions or concerns, don't hesitate to follow up with any of our active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and assist as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Bridell
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Bridell on Feb 1, 18 2:23 AM
Thanks bfgIlinalta.

I'll look into it and contact the support team.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Feb 5, 18 5:15 PM
Excellent Bridell. I hope that they are able to assist soon, and if there are any further questions, don't hesitate to let any of our active Moderators know. We're all happy to help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Feb 7, 18 2:25 PM
My computer just notified me today that I needed to install the latest update to continue playing (update from January I assume). I went to the Game Manager and downloaded and installed the update. Now I cannot play at all (Windows 7). When I click on "Play" from the GM nothing happens at all. When I click on the icon for SMAL on my desktop, it goes to the first screen with "play" button on it. When I click on the button, the screen goes kind of dark and "foggy-looking". I can still see the SMAL background but the game won't load. I tried shutting the computer down and restarting it but that doesn't help either. If I uninstall and reinstall the game to see if I can continue playing will I lose my progress? I am currently in world #12. Thank you for any ideas or tips.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Feb 8, 18 4:01 PM
Hello tj1147,

Thanks for your patience while waiting for a response. It sounds like Sir Match-a-Lot hasn't been loading correctly since an update was installed. I'm sorry this is happening and can definitely provide some troubleshooting help.

Please try updating the computer's video card driver and running Sir Match-a-Lot in Administrator Mode. The help articles for those processes can be found below:

Update video card driver (Computer)
Run as Administrator (Computer)

If these steps don't fix the game's performance, please contact our Sir Match-a-Lot Support Team. They'll be able to provide further assistance.

Thank you again for your patience. Should there be any remaining questions, you're welcome to PM me or another moderator. We'll be here to help.

bfgBeruna

geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by geniegal on Feb 9, 18 6:55 PM
I have two pc games. The first has a code of 1543; the second is 156052. Neither one works for getting the unicorn.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Feb 10, 18 3:47 PM
Hello geniegal,

I'm sorry there's been trouble getting the Unicorn Outfit. I can absolutely provide some instructions for how the outfit is obtained below.

1. Open Sir Match-a-Lot
2. Tap the Hero icon at the bottom of the Map screen
3. Scroll over to the Unicorn Outfit and tap the blue Get Now button
4. A new window with a unique Invite Code, and further instructions will appear
5. Send that exact Invite Code to a friend who has never downloaded Sir Match-a-Lot before
6. Now we wait while this new player installs and enjoys Sir Match-a-Lot, and plays through level 5.
7. After the new player reaches level 5, they can tap the Mail icon on the left side of the map, and tap Enter your Code to claim your reward
8. After your code is entered in your friend's Mailbox they'll receive some Gold Coins, and the Unicorn outfit will be automatically available in your Mailbox!

For a more detailed breakdown about how the Unicorn Outfit, please see the Forum post below:

An Announcement regarding the Unicorn Outfit Code - May 17, 2017

If these steps have already been tried, or if there's any trouble getting the Unicorn Outfit after following these steps, please contact our Sir Match-a-Lot Support Team. Be sure to include your in-game ID with the inquiry. They'll be equipped to investigate this matter more thoroughly.

I hope I've been able to help. You're always welcome to PM me or another moderator if further questions arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by bigmarina on Feb 17, 18 10:53 AM
This is the 2nd event in a row that has display problems at top. I can't see the goal(s)/progress for each level because they are overshadowed by another bar which displays either my firefly counts or accumulated coins. Sometimes this overlapping bar mysteriously disappears towards the end of the level. I've never had this problem until this week. Using Windows 7 (Home Premium).

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Feb 17, 18 2:05 PM
Hello bigmarina,

I'm really sorry that overlapping bars in Sir Match-a-Lot make it difficult to track progress in the current event. I'm swimming by to provide some troubleshooting assistance.

Let's check to see that the computer's video card driver is up to date. This driver directs how the game's graphics are displayed, and installing a newer version can fix a number of issues. The help article below will guide you through this process:

Update video card driver (Computer)

If that suggestion doesn't fix the matter, please contact our Sir Match-a-Lot Support Team. They'll be equipped to investigate the matter in depth and, if necessary, can pass information along to the game's developers.

Thank you for your patience. If questions arise in the future, you're always welcome to PM me or one of the other moderators. We're here to listen and to help.

bfgBeruna

geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by geniegal on Feb 25, 18 6:17 PM
The past couple of days, I have had a problem with the count-down timers freezing up.

Yesterday, I received a gift of unlimite lives for two hours. At the end of the 2 hour the timer clicked over to 23 hours and 59 minutes. The crazy wheel was frozen at 3 minutes and 38 seconds..I could have played all day, but I logged out. When I logged back in it was back to normal.I was back to 3 lives and the crazy wheel was again showing the time counting down.

The same thing happened today when I again received a gift of unlimited lives for 2 hours, but the count-down again flipped over to 32 hours and 59 seconds.

Today whine the freeze was on, the count-down showing the time remaining to open the arena was missing.

I uninstalled and re-installed SMAL and the problem remained.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Feb 26, 18 12:17 PM
Hello geniegal,

I'm sorry to hear that there's been some trouble with those count down clocks for boosts. It's possible that the device's time or clock is set to a different time than is expected by the game, which can cause this issue of a display or countdown appearing frozen or moving rapidly between one number and the next.

My recommendation is to ensure that the clock for the device is set to the current time and date, as different settings may cause the issue being seen. If the device or computer is adjusted to the appropriate date and time, but the issue persists, please contact our Sir Match-a-Lot Support Team with a description of what is happening, including the times and dates when the issues were occurring as well as your In-game ID. These approximate times could help our Reps better understand what is being experienced, so I want to thank you for those specific details should you need to contact our teams. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as they can do so.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope this is helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by irnscho on Mar 16, 18 10:18 AM
Keep getting screen that game has been updated - go to game manager and there is no update. Cannot access game to play - and there is no update.

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Mar 18, 18 4:50 AM
irnscho, on the game manager, click on the Options icon. Then click on Manually and then on Check for Updates. Hopefully, that will now list your new update. When through, click on Automatically, on the download page. After that, click on the OK button on bottom. If this doesn't work, you may need to uninstall and reinstall. Good luck.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Mar 22, 18 2:53 PM
Hello irnscho,

I'm sorry to hear that there appears to be an update available, but that there seems to be trouble downloading it. Thank you for your patience while waiting on a response, and thank you Fred_just_Fred for providing that alternate method of retrieving updates.

Just in case it is helpful, I wanted to include the steps for uninstalling and reinstalling the game on a computer below:

Uninstalling & Reinstalling (Computer)

Uninstalling and reinstalling on computer can help in this case since when reinstalled, the most recent version of the game will be installed.

If you find you need assistance after reinstalling or if you continue to see that 'update' screen, please contact our Sir Match-a-Lot Support Team with a description of what you are experiencing, as well as your in-game ID, if it is available to provide. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as they can.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope this is helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by bigmarina on Mar 24, 18 12:31 PM
What the ...? I often have problems with the countdown (for renewed life) freezing, but just quit & restart to get around it. Not so funny today, during the event. While awaiting the cooldown period, I blew 3 lives on difficult 3rd levels elsewhere, & the countdown froze. When I restarted & cooldown was done, I went to continue event ... well, I'd already done several levels (achieved 15/50 chests), but the event restarted at level 1 again! This was annoying, but I figured oh, well: guess I can gather even more, since it's restarting. However, after recompleting level 1, the achievements said I'd won 18/50 chests! What's the deal? I'd rather be playing the levels I'm supposed to be at, since I'm assuming the rewards continue to improve. >:-(

FlaFig
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by FlaFig on Mar 24, 18 5:08 PM
I am afraid..... While playing the event just now - a pop up said " you need an internet connection..." & kicked me out of the game. I have an internet connection. WhaaaaT?
I just went thru this with Dark Manor - now I'm afraid. I tried going back into the game but no event which showed 1 day + hours to go. Whats up?

Go to: