Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by Mcoll57 on Dec 3, 15 10:14 PM
Downloaded the latest update,played the game twice since.both times game crashed and lost everything I achieved in those two sessions

[Post New]by Yasmini1 on Dec 3, 15 10:24 PM
sbaker2318 wrote:Yasmini...........Welcome to the Forum! You should file a Customer Support report with BF..........at bottom of page next to "help"........

Thank you! I have sent a report. Fingers crossed!

[Post New]by tedski0430 on Dec 3, 15 11:28 PM
I got a new computer and want to install Midnight Castle on it but I don't want to lose everything that I have achieved so far. How can I do it?

Windows 7 operating system
Internet Explorer

I copied the Midnight Castle folder from Programs folder of the older computer to a portable hard drive and then copied it to the new computer but that doesn't work.

[Post New]by grammacher3 on Dec 4, 15 12:56 AM
once again I can't go any further Jeronimo won't talk to me. It says I need another update.my game is on a PC and my ID number is 477403. your rapid attention to this matter would be truly appreciated.

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Dec 4, 15 6:49 AM
Tedski.............you need to download MC on your new PC.........you will get a new ID#.........contact Customer Support and tell them you want your old game swapped to new PC...........you need your new ID# and your old ID#.........they will do it for you......takes a week or so do though........but then you don't transfer any corrupted files.........also...........your friend list WILL NOT transfer.......so write down all your friends names and ID# and you will have to re-invite them. You will have your old game levels, etc..........but with new ID#.

Edited on 12/04/2015 at 6:50:09 AM PST

[Post New]by accordion_man on Dec 4, 15 9:31 AM
I uninstalled and reinstalled. SUCCESS!!! I've been playing over an hour now without any glitches. I kept all my coins,diamonds and even the Halloween stuff. Now I'm in Christmas mode. Had NO luck with going the UPDATE route. Make sure you log in and remain with the reinstallation.

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Dec 4, 15 12:05 PM
Excellent news, Accordion Man!!

Roblynn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Roblynn on Dec 4, 15 1:23 PM
Still won't let me play. Says I need update but no update available for Kindle. WTH mms

sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,206 Posts

[Post New]by sadie700 on Dec 4, 15 7:22 PM
It seems that some of the social area glitches are still here. Sometimes you go in to gift and some of your friends are missing, you come out, go back in and they are back. But when you go to gift to the Christmas trees, some of the friends are missing again. I never had these glitches before on my Windows 7, just since the last update.

Also, your server keeps going down. I wait, it comes back on after about 3 minutes, but it is very inconvenient.

BigB_Pa
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by BigB_Pa on Dec 6, 15 9:48 AM
PattyCaekes,

Thanks for the info on uninstalling and re.

It worked great.

Quicker info from you then what I was getting from so called HELP.

Again, thanks.

[Post New]by Foxygrl_2 on Dec 6, 15 4:17 PM
Hi, My problem is every time I stop the game and then go back to play, I have to do the same things all over again. I'm on Windows 10 PC and I've unlocked the Dark Knights chains 3 times now, gone back and got the first Achievement for the stars twice, had to do all the Elf's tasks again (and the clock is still running down), gifted all my friends at least 3 times today under their tree, and every time I do all this over and over again my coins go down and so do my diamonds. I don't understand why this is happening. Why is it that the Elf's clock keeps going but I have to keep redoing everything along with losing coins, diamonds, and my items I use to get the tasks done? Is there some way to fix this? Just tried playing again and it went right back to where I have to do it all over again and so far today I've gotten 4 Bonus's every time I start the game (and of coarse I don't credit for any of it). This is getting ridiculous!
Frustrated... HELP!!!!!!!
Thank you,
Foxygrl_2

Edited on 12/06/2015 at 4:17:25 PM PST

Dhyaniland
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,074 Posts

[Post New]by Dhyaniland on Dec 6, 15 7:53 PM
Howdy Y'all,

I read many of you have had losses/disparities in the HTS Achievement and the GFAFs in your Inventories.

Well, I checked my totals and I'm off over 150 (probably more like 200) which means I won't make the HTS Achievment before Christmas. *whimper*

I've send my Ticket to BF CS with a Dr. Felix Report, Screenshots of current Inventory and current progress of the HTS Achievement.

Hopefully I can find a screenshot of my pre-Christmas Event GFAFs in Inventory. However, they really shouldn't NEED this to check the Account and see what the total actually was and then track down the glitch. But I like to give them more than they need to make their jobs easier

I'll post this in the Technical Thread.

If you've experienced similar issues, I strongly suggest posting in the Technical Thread as well as sending in a Ticket to BF CS IMMEDIATELY. It may take them quite a while to get to our Tickets. I would like this resolved ASAP!!!

XXOO ~ Dhyani

Now to go take screenshots of my other 2 Castles *sigh*

[Post New]by edeseru on Dec 7, 15 8:41 AM
Hi everyone. I just started the game a few days ago. I only decided to check the private room today. Now whenever I enter my private room, the tutorial comes on asking me to click on John so I could sneak a peek into his room. Problem is it wouldn't let me click on anything. I can't even go back to my previous screen. I had to forcefully exit the game. Am I missing something? What should I do? Thanks!

[Post New]by mcterry on Dec 7, 15 10:52 AM
Since the update, I'm not getting any credit for completing the quests. Anybody else having this issue?

c0c0_nuts
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by c0c0_nuts on Dec 7, 15 10:59 AM
mcterry wrote:Since the update, I'm not getting any credit for completing the quests. Anybody else having this issue?

What do you mean by you're not receiving credit?
If you are talking about the 3, 5, and 10 part daily quests achievements, the current Christmas elf daily quests do not count towards them since it is only 1 part.

Jackie34918
Flounder
Flounder
2,054 Posts

[Post New]by Jackie34918 on Dec 7, 15 11:08 AM
edeseru wrote:Hi everyone. I just started the game a few days ago. I only decided to check the private room today. Now whenever I enter my private room, the tutorial comes on asking me to click on John so I could sneak a peek into his room. Problem is it wouldn't let me click on anything. I can't even go back to my previous screen. I had to forcefully exit the game. Am I missing something? What should I do? Thanks!

Welcome to the forum edeseru! If you just started playing, you need to be at level 6 (if I’m not wrong) to be able to open your room, request friends, etc... For the daily quests you need to be at level 10. Let us know where you’re at and if this doesn’t answer your question!

[Post New]by grammacher3 on Dec 7, 15 11:34 PM
it has been almost a week and I still have had no update so Jeronimo can speak to me. My ID#477403. I play on a PC and have accumulated over100,000 tokens and well over 200 diamonds waiting to advance in levels. seems like I need a new update every level or 2 since level 60,

gadget23mom
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by gadget23mom on Dec 9, 15 1:19 PM
Midwest United States. Your servers are sluggish.

Disappearing Postcards

[Post New]by cmccamon on Dec 9, 15 1:23 PM
justkimg wrote:Hi!

I have had postcards (the kind you get from gifting friends) disappearing from my inventory. At first I thought I was using them for crafting quest items without noticing, but that didn't seem right. Last night, when I stopped playing (before midnight ET), I had 18 in my inventory; this morning (around 6:45 ET), my inventory had mysteriously lost six postcards. (I'm back up to 18 now, but only because I was able to gift six friends today.) Is this how the game is supposed to work?

As a separate issue, I tried searching the forums to see if the postcards expired. I used the advanced search feature to search for "postcard" in the Midnight Castle forums and turned up 41 results on 3 pages. I was only able to access the first page of results and received error messages when I tried to link to the other two pages.

Player ID 446976.

Thank you.

Hello, I have noticed the same issue with my postcards. Its frusterating because I can never get enough to craft the pets I need. Have you found out why this is happening?

[Post New]by AlyssaMarie2010 on Dec 9, 15 4:52 PM
Hi I am having an issue where I am going about the scenes as you should say (not HOS) and collecting snowflakes yet when I go to look at the achievements, the # of snowflakes doesn't raise. This also happens when I put gifts under the trees. I have tried logging in and out and rebooting, but it does no good. Please help me with this and Thank you for reading.

Go to: