Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Dimensions: Homecoming Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 12, 15 1:07 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you're using.

Edited on 02/12/2015 at 6:38:35 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Dimensions: Homecoming Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 12, 15 6:39 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

nicklin60
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Dimensions: Homecoming Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by nicklin60 on Feb 12, 15 8:24 AM
Help I am stuck in the dogs kennel and don't seem to be able to pick up the button

deejae101
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by deejae101 on Feb 12, 15 10:19 AM
I am trying to crack the safe in the living room but part of the image is obscured so I can't press the arrow buttons I need in order to complete the puzzle. Hope I don't have to just skip it.

wwhitley56
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by wwhitley56 on Feb 12, 15 10:43 AM
I too can't get the button in the dog kennel .I think its a glitch in the game.

wwhitley56
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by wwhitley56 on Feb 12, 15 11:33 AM
I replayed the game from the start and was able to get the button.The button won't always be in the same spot so I was able to pick it up in another spot .I just could not get it by the shoe.

[Post New]by GQed76 on Feb 12, 15 8:18 PM
I get an xml error on loading before the intro movie plays on windows 8.1

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Feb 13, 15 4:29 PM
Stuck on the teapot in Chapter 5. I'm supposed to put a tea cozy on the teapot, but the game won't let me. I'm also supposed to make an herbal mixture. I can't do that, either.

Operating system: Windows Vista. Everything on my system is updated. EVERYTHING.

Edited on 02/14/2015 at 1:54:10 PM PST

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by 1357wc on Feb 13, 15 10:04 PM
Windows XP

Played no problem until removing vines with poker from doorway. Game froze up, error popped up but there was nothing written in the box, so don't know what error was.

Had to CTL Alt Del to get out of the game.

braedan05
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by braedan05 on Feb 14, 15 7:18 AM
Game freezes when opening the guide.

windows 8.1
Version 6.3.9600

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Dimensions: Homecoming Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Leahlee1 on Feb 14, 15 11:27 AM
Daxadillion wrote:A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you're using.

Using MAC 10.6.8
The antenna will not knock the tile off the roof.

[Post New]by vsvillanoseven on Feb 14, 15 1:54 PM
I get an error and my computer freezes when adding the pool ball to the table. PC Windows 7. Anyone else having the same problem. It happened twice.

ppasolvr
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by ppasolvr on Feb 14, 15 4:05 PM
braedan05 wrote:Game freezes when opening the guide.

windows 8.1
Version 6.3.9600

Me too. I'm using Windows 7. I have to CTRL+ALT+DEL to get out! I believe I tried the Strategy Guide in the demo and had no problems, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it!

[Post New]by brendahopey_71 on Feb 15, 15 7:16 PM
I am enjoying the game so far. In the camper in impound yard having trouble with HOP. can't move objects or put them down. SG doesnt help on puzzle. can't go forward w/o finishing HOP. Help!

[Post New]by laurelbc on Feb 16, 15 1:47 AM
Operating system: PC Windows 7

I've gotten to the game room, but I received an error message outside the game when I placed the Rocky figure on the chessboard. I closed the error box and went back to the game. It looks as if Rocky was placed correctly, but nothing happens and I can't move forward in the game. The guide says ice was supposed to appear.

I quit and restarted the game, and when that didn't work, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Still nothing.

Anyone else run into this???

[Post New]by TrixxieT on Feb 17, 15 11:25 AM
I'm having the same problem. I'm OSX 10.9.5
I've placed all in the correct places on chess board and no ice for me. Very frustrating.

Cannot move on in game until resolved.

Edited on 02/17/2015 at 11:26:20 AM PST

[Post New]by Ravenhair153 on Feb 17, 15 12:02 PM
Can't seem to move the tile from the awning no matter how hard I try prodding or poking with the antenna, just won't work (using osx 10.9.5) stuck and can't move on in the game until this is fixed!

[Post New]by bwty1963 on Feb 17, 15 1:56 PM
I placed the all the figures but error but nothing happens and I can't move forward in the game. The guide says ice was supposed to appear.

I quit and restarted the game that didn't work Still nothing.

BFG ITS THE 4TH GAME THAT I CANT FINISH

GETTING ANOYING WHAT HAPPEN TO YOU????

1-MYSTERY TALES:THE TWILIGHT WORLD CE: PROBLEM
2-LIVING LEGENDS"WRATHE OF THE BEAST CE: PROBLEM
3- VAMPIRE LEGENDS:THE UNTOLD STORY CE: PROBLEM
4-Dark Dimensions: Homecoming CE ROBLEM

THAT A LOT OF MONEY$$$$$$$$$$$ FOR WHAT??

FIX THEM PLEASE FAST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 17, 15 2:07 PM
Hi everyone,

I was splashing along and came across this thread. It sounds like some of you are experiencing freezing issues as well as error messages appearing. I'm so sorry to hear about all of this. Definitely doesn't make the game fun.

It may be helpful to check out the following help pages:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Error Codes in Big Fish Games App

If you are still seeing issues, it may be helpful to contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report.

I hope this helps!

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by posumhut on Feb 18, 15 7:45 PM
having the same issues as others with the chess board...can't progress in the game!

Go to: