Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

TNR (Today's New Release) - Mystic Emporium

[Post New]by Poodlebear on May 28, 09 2:38 AM
*WHY* did I buy this?! *thunk*thunk*thunk* <-----sound of repeated banging of head on desk...

Well I'll tell ya why - great graphics, fun play, cute characters, she's got a cat on her hat! and I must be loosing my mind because even though I got nearly Expert on every level *very* soon after buying things kicked up a notch and now, of course, I am failing with me crappy slow moving hands.

*sigh*

Anyway, I think it is a neat little game, had ta keep playing, hence the buy. All except for the built in "Mana" ad?!? (Mana is a real life energy drink, so much for "Play Ad Free") I do think it's great otherwise, just not for silly gimpy Poodlebears.

(and boooo they took away the icon in favor of what... an anemone?! )

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

Re:TNR (Today's New Release) - Mystic Emporium

[Post New]by govegril on May 28, 09 2:46 AM
Oh dear Poodle- sorry that the game frustrated you.

I already had bought this game and like it. Cake Mania type game with the witch/wizard theme. I guess like Enchanted Katya but a bit more user friendly. It is a nice game but lilke Cake Mania which lulls you into false a sense of security for first half of the game gets harder in the last half.

It is a really nice time management game.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on May 28, 09 2:52 AM
govegril wrote:I guess like Enchanted Katya but a bit more user friendly.

...and pretty much better in every way... Well, Katya had great art but didn't work well and was just missing polish. I did see a strong similarity with Katya in style and basic mechanics, even the same sorts of characters tho no opera singers (thank god! ) or gangsters or things that didn't fit. This one's a lot better tho, imo. Never was remotely tempted to buy Katya.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on May 28, 09 3:14 AM
lol re Opera singers

I did not buy Katya because I got the "no go anywhere" if restart a level bug. I read they fixed it but I already had this game by then. I don't need 2 witch potion time management games... oops wait a minute - I have Mystic Inn! .

And like you said- she has a cat on her hat - who can resist?

Edited on 05/28/2009 at 3:15:47 AM PST

chacetate
Herring
Herring
393 Posts

[Post New]by chacetate on May 28, 09 5:52 AM
bought it beat it done!

so cute but lacking on upgrades i think and levels. there are only 24 days i believe or 25, i could count to be sure but i am not b/c i am lazy. Smart of them not to show you the map at the beginning though lol would show how short a game it was. It was different and fun just short i guess...once you complete a game on expert no reason to keep going

sound like i am complain but truely liked the game. it was pretty and got tough at the end and i enjoy when it isnt easy.

Suggestion, slow the orders down til you get used to the numbers leave money on the counter so you can control the flow of people.

Good Luck and hope yall enjoy it

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on May 28, 09 6:28 AM
It's so weird to have a new release and the forum up already:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/show/1282.page

I tried this game for a few minutes, but I really don't find making sandwiches for customers to be fun. Just not my genre.

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on May 28, 09 9:42 AM
Hey everyone,

I've gone ahead and moved this thread since we now have a forum for it, as lordkalvan pointed out.

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

lefaye22
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by lefaye22 on May 28, 09 9:14 PM
This game is a lot better than Katya. But I'm stuck near the end. I have to get 2400 and can't seem to manage it with all the upgrades. Any tips besides leaving the money on the counter? Would appreciate it!

nixyseven
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by nixyseven on May 30, 09 6:25 AM
Yeah, I too felt a bit cheated by the fact that they didn't show the map while playing. I didn't realise until after I'd bought it that I was already 1/2 way through. 25 levels seems pretty poor value compared to other games in the same genre.

[Post New]by aliciarose111 on Jun 1, 09 7:28 AM
I too think it's a cute game but a little too short. On a sidenote, I've found on these TM games that don't show you the calendars inbetween levels, if you log out, then restart the game they'll usually show you how many days completed and how many left (You just have to make sure you save and restart before your free hour is over). At the moment I have 15 minutes left of the free hour, 7 days finished and I'm 1/3rd done. Now I'm debating on if an hour and a half more gametime to finish the game is worth $6.99.

[Post New]by paulene_roark on Jun 2, 09 3:23 AM
I am also stuck near the end, days 20, 21 can't get expert on 20 or even just pass level 21... i am not losing customers, just run out of time before i have made enuf money.

lovelyrita019
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by lovelyrita019 on Jun 2, 09 3:01 PM
I;m stuck on level 18~I came within 2 points once but other than that I can't even get close to 2200.

musket577
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by musket577 on Jun 14, 09 8:31 PM
Mystic Emporium is a VERY BAD game! Do NOT by it. ALL games that make you succeed at ridiculously hard levels are VERY BAD! No one has ever finished this game...no one ever will!

[Post New]by HarperPern on Jun 20, 09 9:23 PM
How did you get to the 20th level?

Go to: