Is Virtual Families ok for 10 year olds

[Post New]by livvysowonderful on May 28, 09 2:43 PM
Is virtual families ok for a 10 year old girl?

asierrahiker
Marlin
Marlin
9,069 Posts

Re:Is Virtual Families ok for 10 year olds

[Post New]by asierrahiker on May 28, 09 3:12 PM
I'd say its fine.

asierrahiker (protective mother of two, grandmother of one)

Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by 222426 on May 28, 09 3:39 PM
It depends on how sensitive you are...the only hesitation I would have is when they make babies. The 2 married adults stand closely to each other on top of the bed . I think they are supposed to be kissing each other...but they mostly kiss air. The wife ends up with a baby in her arms if it's successful. I'm sure your 10 year old sees a lot worse on TV if he/she watches any.

kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,094 Posts

[Post New]by kore21 on May 28, 09 5:46 PM
very squeaky clean & peeps do not die suddenly & dramatically like in "the sims." nothing traumatic. lots of "normal" family training stuff like brushing teeth, homework, story telling, etc.

Zooey
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Zooey on May 28, 09 6:03 PM
I think it would be great for a 10 year old girl. It gives her a chance to see the results of choices especially poor ones. The whole structure is based on behavior modification. Do something right and get praised and do something wrong and get scolded. Encourage her to always reward a good behavior especially right after a scolding for bad. I always put them to doing something that is age appropriate and praise them for it.

[Post New]by livvysowonderful on May 28, 09 6:18 PM
ok thank guys/gals. I am buying this game tomarow and just wanted to make sure it was not to graphic or anything thanks for all the help, beacause i honestly did not know to buy it or not. Thanks again!

Renee02
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,068 Posts

[Post New]by Renee02 on May 28, 09 6:26 PM
my 8 year old and 9 year old play it, I just have to remind them to pause it. Cause they don't always remember to check on their little people and I don't want them to come back to a dead family.

[Post New]by smthjnnfr9 on May 30, 09 10:23 AM
Im 7 so dont worry yeah anf my lil couzz whoes 5 god on it so

Lisrose
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Lisrose on May 30, 09 10:25 AM
222426 wrote:It depends on how sensitive you are...the only hesitation I would have is when they make babies. The 2 married adults stand closely to each other on top of the bed . I think they are supposed to be kissing each other...but they mostly kiss air. The wife ends up with a baby in her arms if it's successful. I'm sure your 10 year old sees a lot worse on TV if he/she watches any.

I love how the wife scatters petals all over the bed first <3 I think it is fine for 10 years, though my daughter (13) gets a little sad when they die.

dogboy7
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by dogboy7 on May 30, 09 2:55 PM
Yes. I know an 8 year old that plays it!

Cenafan21
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Cenafan21 on May 31, 09 6:48 AM
Yeah, my brother plays it and hes not even 8 yet!!!

[Post New]by liv_loves_cats on Jun 15, 09 8:08 AM
[color=#6704c3]Yeah! im 10 year old and i love it! the only bad thing is when your people die

[Post New]by momof2wldboyz83 on Jun 16, 09 8:21 AM
My little boys loves to play and watch this game with me. He's only 4 so he doesn't do it all on his own, but he is catching on quite fast. My other son, who is 8, isn't really interested in it. LoL

angelsmile32
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by angelsmile32 on Jun 16, 09 8:45 AM
i think this is very kid friendly.kids see parents kissing before going to work or whatever.and they know when gramma or papa passes when they get old same thing here.nothing outta of the ordinary thats not a part of every day life.this is just my view on it.plus before you buy it you can try it for an hour to make sure you approve.you just wont see them pass away.hope this helps have a good one :0)

Candukay
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,319 Posts

[Post New]by Candukay on Jun 16, 09 10:56 AM
I think it's a great game for a kid. The only thing is that you may receive questions regarding what they are doing when they are trying to make a baby or where did that baby come from. If you're prepared for that talk then everything should be fine!

[Post New]by Lois35952 on Jun 17, 09 9:48 PM
My son is 8 and has his very own family in it's 4th generation. He doesn't spend too much time thinking about the baby part, he loves to watch what they do and help train them. He is doing much better than me on my families. He has almost completed the collections and only has one upgrade left on the home. He has made plenty of money, but spends it on clothes all the time, lol
He hasnt asked me HOW they make the babies, lol, he just knows to put them together.. I think what makes him the happiest is getting to rename the peeps, he can pick the weirdest names!! He has played the other Virtual Villagers games, but never really enjoyed them like he has this one. Virtual Families is a keeper in my home!!!

[Post New]by tina041077 on Jun 17, 09 10:08 PM
My 11 year old and 7 year old daughters each have a family running. They have a lot of fun with it. They are always broke though But their people always have 10000+ food....lol

[Post New]by magsmom on Jul 31, 09 4:14 PM
Hey, im only twelve and have two families running. i dont think anything is wrong with playing at 10

Trixie598
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by Trixie598 on Jul 31, 09 4:59 PM
smthjnnfr9 wrote:Im 7 so dont worry yeah anf my lil couzz whoes 5 god on it so
I was worried that no other kids went on here! (I'm 8.)

lorie56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,869 Posts

[Post New]by lorie56 on Jul 31, 09 9:15 PM
Trixie598 wrote:
smthjnnfr9 wrote:Im 7 so dont worry yeah anf my lil couzz whoes 5 god on it so
I was worried that no other kids went on here! (I'm 8.)

You're not supposed to be, honey. The forums are only for 18 and older.

You must provide truthful and accurate information in creating your Accounts. BFG requires all users to be over the age of 18 and we require all users registering accounts to indicate that they are over 18.

Go to: