Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

This game is far too buggy & has too many problems

[Post New]by Pepper010 on May 28, 09 9:08 PM
I love Big Fish Games, have been a member for almost a year and so far have been very happy.

This game needs to be fixed, and I think credits should be issued to those who bought it and have trouble. I d/loaded the first trial version, and it was a mess, even had to crash my system to shut it down. Then recently I saw here that there was a new version, so I tried it.

Then I bought it. Big mistake. The game will not load properly. I can wind up with a screen full of headache-inducing jagged bits of things. (Warning: if you have migraines, don't go near this game!) Sometimes I can crash and re-start, and after a few tries, get it to work.

Sometimes the game wouldn't allow me to use the cursor in the far right section of the game. Sometimes I could change the game type--Active X, etc.--crash it, restart, and get to play. Now that doesn't even work.

When I could play, I found that, as others have commented, many objects were blurry and really weren't well presented. The dialogue was juvenile, and needed editing. (Note: you don't siege someone, you seize them, as just one example). Also, the verbiage about losing health during the games doesn't make sense. It would help if developers who aren't native English speakers could hire an English speaker editor to catch things that detract from the game experience.

When I could play, I found that I was being sent back to the same scenes over and over, and many times at least l/3, sometimes l/2, of the objects to be found had previously been found. Often more than once!

I liked the music very much, but hated it when the music would suddenly stop. Always made me think the game was about to crash or hang up somehow. The sound effects are good.

This game isn't relaxing or fun. Nor is it reliable to use. It's frustrating and headache-making.

And, another small note: if someone is going to do a game based on a historical, real character, a little more verisimilitude is needed. Pocahontas looks like a stereotypical Indian based on the Lakotas (Sioux) of the 1800's. Her clothing, and that of her father (who looks like Floyd Red Crow Westerman), isn't indicative at all of the natives of that region, or of that time.

This game wasn't ready for prime time. And as much as I liked the music, and the idea of highlighting Pocahontas, I so wanted to like it.

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

Re:This game is far too buggy & has too many problems

[Post New]by Pepper010 on May 31, 09 8:09 PM
An update: I got a very helpful response from a CS rep and BFG comes through again like the professionals they are.

[Post New]by Noortje1967 on Jun 12, 09 11:59 AM
I'm degree with you.
i try'd this games 2 times to play,but the only thing i see is a broken screen.
i also had to crash my pc to stop the game.
the only thing what works is the music.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jun 12, 09 12:23 PM
I have the newest build of this game that is available here on Big Fish, and the game runs perfectly for me in every way.

pysanky13
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by pysanky13 on Jun 28, 09 12:21 PM
Just finished the demo, june 28,'09, and it ran fine. NOT a good game, though. I have been a BFG member for over a year and most of the games are terrific. Customer support is awesome but that won't make this game enjoyable.

The scenes would be nice if they were in focus. The objects were as well hidden as in most games but since you couldn't see them clearly, way too much time was spent waiting for the Hint to load to see what it was they were wanting! I can usually go an entire game with maybe 2 or 3 hints total, if any.

The music is nice but the piano piece is a nice rip off from Enya.

As noted above, the dialogue and images were a joke for an historical based game. The game map was nice, in focus and colorful-not a stellar recommendation for any game if that is the one positive note on the graphics.

And I don't appreciate only 40 minutes, no matter how little I like the game in the end.

[Post New]by maryc426 on Jul 4, 09 9:57 PM
An update: I got a very helpful response from a CS rep and BFG comes through again like the professionals they are. <<<[b]YOUR MESSAGE

You said that a CS rep was very helpful but never said how. I have had problems with this game since I got it. Couldn't download it when I first got it from the Big Fish Game site, so I waited for the Cd to arrive and still there's a problem with it.
After loading it from the Cd, it keeps saying Hardware failed to switch to the specific mode. That is strange because of all the games I have gotten so far, none gave me any problems. This was the only one. I cannot get into this game at all and once it gave this message, I cannot get out of it. It states that the game is still running so I have to reboot my system in order to stop it.
Any suggestions?

[Post New]by maryc426 on Jul 4, 09 10:26 PM
Sorry for the second post...I went to the help area by clicking on the envelope. I found alot of questions but could not find a place to ask a Tech. Is there such help out there? I have access to the game via the site and also by CD and both don't work. How do I get the Tech's to talk to me, or walk me thru this? Please help me. I would really appreciate it. Boy am I frustrated.

ComputerCharm
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,537 Posts

[Post New]by ComputerCharm on Jul 4, 09 10:40 PM
You should be able to reach rech support by clicking the green envelope. I have had very few problems and that is where i went to get help, wether CS or tech support. Hope this helps.

Charm

[Post New]by maryc426 on Jul 6, 09 12:35 AM
Thank you...I left a message for the tech and will wait for a response which hasn't come yet. With the holiday, I know a delay is expected. Hopefully this will get fixed. If I would have read the reviews about this game ahead of time, I don't think I would have gotten it in the first place. A big disapointment so far...

Go to: