bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

Tips and Tricks for Deep Voyage

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Aug 6, 08 1:24 PM
Focus on one color - Some game boards can be pretty complicated. If you find yourself confused on where to start, try focusing on matches of a single color until you don't see anymore, and then move on to another color.

Avoid the X - Later on in the game there are tiles marked with an X. If left on the board for too long, they will regenerate tiles on the board around them where you had already removed them. Also, never click on the X as it will immediately regenerate tiles if you do. Use power-ups to remove them from the board as quickly as possible.

Use tokesn to upgrade your power-ups - Power-ups are your best friend in this game. They help you remove tricky out of the way tiles, and can get you out of a pinch when time is running out. Therefore, don't be stingy with your tokens, and upgrade power-ups as soon as the become available.

These are just a few hints to help you out. If you have any other suggestions, post them below!

Re:Tips and Tricks for Deep Voyage

[Post New]by Wakeup on Aug 7, 08 1:34 AM
As I stated earlier the tokens use em! You can't lose em...just sell back an upgrade and you get 100% of your tokens back....1 token spent is 1 token you can get back if you can't use the power up or the power up is just not useful in any given board. The trick is to find the power up that best matches the board you are on. Good luck! I'm stuck.....hehe...83.....

[Post New]by pmtolley on Aug 8, 08 4:35 AM
I love match 3 games, but I hate haveing to race against a clock. I love relaxed play because I don't get so frustrated when I get stuck on a level. I am on level 50 in this game and I have tried for two days to get past it but there is just not enough time. Therefore, I DO NOT like this game. Please have more relaxed play games.

[Post New]by Wakeup on Aug 8, 08 10:28 PM
I still cant beat 83....ughhh.....someone have any hints....?

[Post New]by Momma61 on Aug 12, 08 3:00 PM
Sorry, I just tried to go back to 83 to take a look at it and see if I could remember anything helpful, but the game wouldn't let me! I think it was 83 that took me close to a week! The only thing I found was that I wasn't using my power-ups as often as I could have and when I payed closer attention to that it seemed to help. After that level I kind of got hooked on the challenge of a little frustration (sick...I know...the game brainwashes you) but I got over it on 88 where I am now stuck. You thing the X tiles are bad?! 88 has these new blocks that not only retile spaces but spawn themselves. And there's no rhyme or reason. I tried concentrating on clearing the lower half of the puzzle so that i could then leave that portion alone and (hopefully) they wouldn't fall there and I could move on, but they still, at times (again, no rhyme or reason) would regenerate themselves in parts of the puzzle that were undisturbed!!! There's just no fighting that! And of course, there's not enough time! GOOD LUCK! Unless I come across some miracle, I think I'm done banging my head against that wall!!

And WAKEUP, how do you sell back tokens?????

[Post New]by flowergrl_407 on Aug 21, 08 12:53 PM
your tips were good, except they didn't address my problem. maybe you have a tip for me!? I have been collecting tokens (have about 300), but on the buy the power-ups section, it says I don't have enough. What is enough??? Or is something wrong with my download?

jerimeri
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by jerimeri on Aug 26, 08 2:26 AM
Tips and Tricks aren't gonna help with this game. I hate games that become almost impossible - what's the point? The power ups take forever to rejuvenate so seems pretty useless once you get to the X levels. Chalk this up to another wasted game...I sure do get tired of it.

CoolGrammy1
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by CoolGrammy1 on Sep 1, 08 7:15 AM
Yikes I have been on level 72 for 3 weeks. I have almost cracked it a couple of times but just when I have one last tile to break time is up. I haven't given up hope yet.

[Post New]by mattpeg on Sep 3, 08 1:00 PM
Hi CoolGranny1,
I am there with you all the way. I have been stuck on 72 for over three weeks. I have two games going now. On both I redistribute the power-ups into different different combinations, no success. I also get within the last one and time is up. I would say to all of you to contact Support and if enough of us complain perhaps they can do something.This is a really great game and I like the challenge, but like so many of you have expressed it is not fun to be frustrated. GOOD LUCK

SOME INFO ABOUT POWERUPS:
I finally figured out the power-ups. I will try and explain. Each one has three stars you can buy. The first one you buy is considered (level one) maybe costs 10 tokens. If you buy another one it will cost you say, 25 tokens, and the third one might be 50. These numbers are just examples. I first thought the levels meant where I was in the game, but it is referring to the first ,second or third power-up I am buying.
When you want to buy you click the( +) icon and when you sell the (-) one. The third one you purchased was the most expensive. Sell it and you have more buying power, for a different power-up. Hopes this helps some of you. Please feel free to add anything else helpful, I am sure I did not cover it all.

[Post New]by tolllady on Oct 2, 08 8:50 AM
can any one help me with level 54 of this stupid game i,ve ben here for 3 days now

[Post New]by tolllady on Oct 2, 08 9:37 AM
tolllady wrote:can any one help me with level 54 of this stupid game i,ve ben here for 3 days now

Louky
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Louky on Oct 5, 08 7:08 PM
This would of been an awesome game if it didn't have the timer or at least given more time on the higher levels

babseymaz
Flounder
Flounder
2,179 Posts

[Post New]by babseymaz on Oct 5, 08 7:29 PM
mattpeg wrote:Hi CoolGranny1,
I am there with you all the way. I have been stuck on 72 for over three weeks. I have two games going now. On both I redistribute the power-ups into different different combinations, no success. I also get within the last one and time is up. I would say to all of you to contact Support and if enough of us complain perhaps they can do something.This is a really great game and I like the challenge, but like so many of you have expressed it is not fun to be frustrated. GOOD LUCK

SOME INFO ABOUT POWERUPS:
I finally figured out the power-ups. I will try and explain. Each one has three stars you can buy. The first one you buy is considered (level one) maybe costs 10 tokens. If you buy another one it will cost you say, 25 tokens, and the third one might be 50. These numbers are just examples. I first thought the levels meant where I was in the game, but it is referring to the first ,second or third power-up I am buying.
When you want to buy you click the( +) icon and when you sell the (-) one. The third one you purchased was the most expensive. Sell it and you have more buying power, for a different power-up. Hopes this helps some of you. Please feel free to add anything else helpful, I am sure I did not cover it all.

Thanks mattpeg, didn't know you could sell powerups, and bfgAegean, had no clue on the X thing. I've all but abandoned the game. With this new perspective I'll be trying again tonight!! Thanks guys

[Post New]by rbubbles on Jan 10, 09 11:23 AM
have been stuck on evel 143 for a month now! do garden upgrades eat up tokens?

[Post New]by persistant on Jan 12, 09 6:55 PM
CoolGrammy1 wrote:Yikes I have been on level 72 for 3 weeks. I have almost cracked it a couple of times but just when I have one last tile to break time is up. I haven't given up hope yet.

[Post New]by persistant on Jan 12, 09 6:57 PM
CoolGrammy1 wrote:Yikes I have been on level 72 for 3 weeks. I have almost cracked it a couple of times but just when I have one last tile to break time is up. I haven't given up hope yet.

[Post New]by persistant on Jan 12, 09 7:03 PM
Hi i am new too these forums being an older person maybe thats why I was stuck on 72 for 3months!!! Last night I got so mad with this great game I just hit anything i could see regardless of colour or consequence and guess what I beet the **** thing, Hoorayyyyy. the next 5 were easy got them 1st go but I am sure there is more frustration to come. Good luck

zombiekop1
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by zombiekop1 on Jan 24, 09 9:03 PM
rbubbles wrote:have been stuck on evel 143 for a month now! do garden upgrades eat up tokens?

I am also stuck on 143 I have tried everything. Changed power ups, tried doing all 1 color. I really don't think I will get passed this level. I have been on it for months now and without any tricks this just isn't going to go anywhere. They should have made it so you could skip a few levels.

zombiekop1
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by zombiekop1 on Jan 26, 09 5:35 AM
Wow I just wrote in saying I was stuck on 143 and today I did it !!!! I was half asleep and just clicked on anything not really thinking I would ever get through it and I won. I think I was in shock. Now I am on 160 and still playing. I do think a lot of these higher levels should give you those little hourglasses for more time, it would make it more fun.

[Post New]by judge_dredd_72 on May 14, 09 4:08 PM
hi there when i click on the shop it wont let me go there can anyone tell me why not i can not even got to the garden upgrades

Go to: