Anyone finding this a bit easy?

[Post New]by LozzaBabie on May 30, 09 5:23 AM
I'm thoroughly enjoying the game, but its quite straight forward. Two rows of sunflowers and build up your arsenal as you go. I only had my brains eaten in adventure mode on 5-10 (and that's because I hadn't realised I could kill the balls that ZomBoss burped up) The puzzles are a tad harder, but otherwise the worst thing is sitting there waiting for the level to finish!

Is it just me not struggling with these games?

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Re:Anyone finding this a bit easy?

[Post New]by lordkalvan on May 30, 09 5:29 AM
After I learned to do two columns of sunflowers (or sun shrooms) yes the first round adventure mode, but the roof is a bit harder. The second round adventure mode gets tougher, particularly fog and roof. I still haven't managed to beat level 5-4 on the second pass. But then I still haven't gotten Roof Survival mode.

Have you tried Survival mode? I find that quite interesting.

[Post New]by LozzaBabie on May 30, 09 5:37 AM
Is there a second round of adventure mode? I haven't finished all the other levels yet (time more than any reason) so maybe its after that?

I like the survival modes, are the 'Hard' levels actully harder, or just longer? If its longer I'll only play them once.

The Puzzles are getting to me. I'm up to the survival modes on them and they're quite difficult.

eleanor1183
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,991 Posts

[Post New]by eleanor1183 on May 30, 09 6:00 AM
So, not so easy further on, is it? The second time through the levels are theoretically the same, but there are more waves of zombies, and Crazy Dave preselects three of your plants (which you can't change), limiting your choice of weapons.

I suspect that on the third and fourth go-rounds Crazy Dave will be picking still more of your plants, which will make it really tricky.

I'm on my second time through (love the music video!) and it's definitely a lot harder this time. I still haven't gotten all the puzzles and mini-games and have barely tapped the Survival modes. I only have 5 plants in my Zen garden...

This is one of the best "bang for the buck" games I've gotten in quite a while.

Edited on 05/30/2009 at 6:04:59 AM PST

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on May 30, 09 6:37 AM
The "hard" survival modes start out about as easy, and ramp up at about the same rate. The problem is that they last for 10 flags, and keep getting harder after the 5th flag. Once you understand that, it's more of a strategy game than an action game - I didn't have much problem with moving fast enough but I did have to think carefully when choosing my plants, planning for not just the current flag's zombies but the ones I knew would be coming later. (so plant the cactus before the round with the balloon zombies, and in the very first round I put potato mines in the leftmost column as a last ditch defense against the miners that would come later, then put in magnet mushrooms in second flag (which also helps against the miners, and those nasty football players too).

[Post New]by LozzaBabie on May 30, 09 7:06 AM
I hadn't realised I could go through again! I will have to go and play this again to see how much harder it is! Yay!

phoebe222
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by phoebe222 on May 31, 09 6:52 PM
Easy? you'll see when you start the hard survival levels, and second run on the actual game. I'm still half way through, and I think it will take me ages to finish. Amazing game by the way: the gardens, different modes, endless puzzles, this game is to be played forever

[Post New]by LozzaBabie on Jun 1, 09 12:10 AM
Thank you everyone for proving me wrong. The survival modes (especilly VaseBraker, iZombie, and the roof hard one) are AWESOME.

I'm currently stuck on Wall-Nut Bowling on my second go through, which is frustratng as that's a lot of luck.

I love this game.

I have about ten plants in my Zen Garden, which is lovely.

TheLuggage
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by TheLuggage on Jun 1, 09 8:09 PM
Crazy Dave still preselects three plants on the third and subsequent passes through Adventure mode. It would definitely ramp up the difficulty if he selected one more plant for you on each pass after the second, although this would tend to reduce the strategy in plant selection and be rather a bit annoying. Survival: Endless can definitely provide a challenge, particularly when you have 5 - 8 Gargantuars on the screen at the same time.

[Post New]by crazyforzombies on Jun 16, 09 3:48 PM
If you have only gone through Adventure the first time and not finished all the mini-games, puzzles and survival, then yes it is easy. When you have finished all the survival you won't think it is easy. You get a gold trophy after finishing all the other modes. There is a lot more to this game then you first think. Probably the hardest to beat are Bobsled Bonanza and Survial Night (Hard). I almost gave up on both.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jun 16, 09 4:37 PM
Welcome to the pond!

I've beaten both Bobsled Bonanza and Survival Night (Hard). I personally thought that the two roof survival games were tougher to beat. I have given up on Bowling #2 and Whack a Zombie #2 completely because I just can't move fast enough. ZomBotany #2 was really tough for me too until I figured out a strategy that worked. Last Stand stumped me until I read the walk through on Gamezebo; their solution makes it easy.

Fiobo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Fiobo on Jun 17, 09 11:04 AM
LozzaBabie wrote: I'm currently stuck on Wall-Nut Bowling on my second go through, which is frustratng as that's a lot of luck.

That's exactly where I am right now!!! It's driving me nuts, if you'll excuse the expression I hate nut bowling!!

Go to: