My Tips

[Post New]by LozzaBabie on May 30, 09 5:34 AM
Here are some basic tips for me to get through the game. I only had my brains eaten on 5-10 (and only once) so they defentitly work. Its very simple, and I had the same basic plants the whole time, only changing slightly if it was a pool level or a night level. The three you need to buy on EVERY level is the sunflower, the 100 pea shooter (and adding the 200 pea shooter in later levels) and a Wall-Nut.

BUILD UP YOUR SUNFLOWERS. They are invaluable. I've built them up so the last two rows are all sunflowers and that has got me through every level.

Don't buy the 100 pea shooter until the first zombie comes along. Then place it down (in the third row back) and go back to your sunflowers. Buy the pea shooter whenever a new zombie comes along.

As soon as you can afford it, start placing Wall-Nuts down.

If you're on the higher levels, buy the 200 pea shooter and putting that in front of the 100 version. The wall nuts (especilly once you start buying the tall one) will keep your zombies safe. Replace them straight away if they get eaten.

That was pretty much my only strategy and it works really simply. On pool levels, the only difference is buy a lily-pad. On night levels, the ONLY fungus I bought was the free one and that got me through (with two in each lane) until I could afford the pea shooters.

That's pretty much it. If you use that strategy, you WILL win every level first go. I personally enjoyed the tree of flames because it killed them quicker, but you don't need that.

Enjoy!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Re:My Tips

[Post New]by lordkalvan on May 30, 09 6:41 AM
That can't work on the roof, right? When I try to use snow peas on the roof for example, they hit the roof instead of the zombies. After I unlock the cat tails, those are superb on any level that has a swimming pool, because they can shoot in all of the lanes. And that won't work on the levels with gargantua because he needs to be taken down with squash, cherry bomb, and/or chili (any 2 should do it, either the same or mix).

[Post New]by LozzaBabie on May 30, 09 7:08 AM
I did forget to mention the roof part. All you need to do is substitute the cabbages for the pea shooters and its the same thing. The corn one is good as well, especilly when you get butter.

Gargantrum takes two cherry bombs/chillis to kill. The watermelons generally will get rid of him for you though.

[Post New]by syysais on Jun 1, 09 9:26 PM
OMG can't get anywhere with this game. I am on the level where Michael Jackson comes in dancing and there are lawnmowers. I haven't gotten far at all.

TheLuggage
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by TheLuggage on Jun 4, 09 4:09 PM
lordkalvan wrote:That can't work on the roof, right? When I try to use snow peas on the roof for example, they hit the roof instead of the zombies.

Non-melon shooters will work on the roof, they just need to be far enough to the right that they have cleared the down slope (approximately five spaces from the left).

TheLuggage
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by TheLuggage on Jun 4, 09 4:13 PM
On Adventure levels without Zombonis, Catapult zombies, or Gargantuars, Garlic can prove very useful. It can reduce the number of firing lanes you need to cover to 2 (land-based levels) or three (water-based levels). I generally set up my Garlic two deep as they do eventually get eaten.

Go to: