ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Reminder-- Keepsakes

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Feb 15, 15 9:26 PM
I've been so focused on collecting V-Day collection items, I keep forgetting to use my keepsakes while playing my rounds in the HOS...

Thought I'd remind everyone else-- Don't forget to use.. they can be handy.

For those with not a lot of energy, the ones that increase your experience can be good (to help level up) or even the ones that reduce the amount of energy used per scene. Helps you play longer...

Need some keepsakes? Try playing the slots.. they love to give out those dragonfly looking things, grandmother quilts and scepters!

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

Re:Reminder-- Keepsakes

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Feb 16, 15 2:43 AM
I was glad to find a use of the Grandmother's quilts. I had so many of them I could have supplied half the Motels & B&B's in my town.

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

Re:Reminder-- Keepsakes

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Feb 17, 15 5:45 AM
I use the quilts whenever I'm "touring" the US.
I use the scepters and the hummingbird box whenever I'm playing the mini-games.

The new games in the AES pay 5900 at level 5. It doesn't take long to get there. No resources are required. So I use the hummingbird and play as many games as possible in the AES. I just won more than 800,000 playing Scorpio for half an hour. You can play a LOT of games in that time.

I saw someone the other day recommend pulling the disks off track and putting them back on in the Observatory games, but that only nets you ten coins per move. It's far easier just to play the game as quickly as possible...even if you get "only" 11,820 per game, you get more games played, so a bigger reward.

For those low on energy, use the little scarab that reduces the amount of energy required to visit the cities. And remember that the star game in the arcade loves to give out pizza and lasagna. Each of those is good for a full refill of energy.

Once you have a good supply of coin, buy mac and cheese...it fills you and increases your max energy at the same time.

Go to: