Taltam1
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

How do you decide who starts the next generation?

[Post New]by Taltam1 on May 30, 09 11:21 AM
So far, I've chosen the child who emailed home (it's been few of those). I've chosen the eldest son and the eldest daughter in other cases.

Re:How do you decide who starts the next generation?

[Post New]by Pattylynn246 on May 30, 09 11:29 AM
You can pick whichever child you want but I usually pick one that wants children if at all possible. It is totally up to you.

Taltam1
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Taltam1 on May 30, 09 11:36 AM
Pattylynn246 wrote:You can pick whichever child you want but I usually pick one that wants children if at all possible. It is totally up to you.

I know any child can be picked. I wondered if people had a method to their choice....

lorie56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,872 Posts

[Post New]by lorie56 on May 30, 09 11:39 AM
I pick the child who has the most earning potential - unless he/she was a brat.

Lisrose
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Lisrose on May 30, 09 12:00 PM
the highest earning potential that wants children for me. The complied profession list is a big help!

kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by kore21 on May 30, 09 3:55 PM
i usually decide who's going to inherit before starting the new generation. emotional choice.

tip: resetting the job for your inheriting peep. you may not like the job they get when you go to start the new family. so: you should save first before going to the new generation menu. then use control alt delete to escape the game & reset their random job if you're not happy with it.

jamz2
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by jamz2 on May 30, 09 8:30 PM
maybe i'm not to smart lol, can you explain that a little more? thanks!
"tip: resetting the job for your inheriting peep. you may not like the job they get when you go to start the new family. so: you should save first before going to the new generation menu. then use control alt delete to escape the game & reset their random job if you're not happy with it."

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on May 30, 09 9:16 PM
Interesting you should ask this. I was choosing all females for a while because the couples would always have more girls than boys. When I noticed that I was doing that, I started to choose the males to start the next generation. Now, I'm choosing by looks and occupation. I'm soooooooooo shallow!..LOL

kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by kore21 on May 31, 09 1:19 AM
jamz2 wrote:maybe i'm not to smart lol, can you explain that a little more? thanks!
"tip: resetting the job for your inheriting peep. you may not like the job they get when you go to start the new family. so: you should save first before going to the new generation menu. then use control alt delete to escape the game & reset their random job if you're not happy with it."

when a peep dies, quit game to save before clicking the "new generation" button.

then go back, click "new generation." if you don't like the job for the one you want to inherit, hit control alt delete.

this resets so you're not stuck in the new generation screen. it also resets all their new jobs.

Cenafan21
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Cenafan21 on May 31, 09 6:39 AM
I think you should do the peep who wants kids. Then for marrying someone ,pick one with lots of cash.

Edited on 05/31/2009 at 6:39:59 AM PST

[Post New]by sumpthinspec02 on May 31, 09 3:01 PM
I tend to be partial to the females but mostly I choose based on who I like or who is cutest. And when I choose a mate I choose the one with money in the bank. Sometimes I 'll choose one whose career I know will start to make a lot of money in higher levels.

Go to: