kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

emails to player?

[Post New]by kore21 on May 30, 09 4:17 PM
my peeps fell all over themselves wanting to email me. i was trying to get them fed since i just reopened the game. so i waited before letting them walk ALL the way to the computer (they're getting old).

only to find this gem:

"how are you? life is good! got to go now!"

i mean, WHY?

lorie56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,872 Posts

Re:emails to player?

[Post New]by lorie56 on May 30, 09 5:01 PM
LMAO! i know. I've gotten those too from my elderly players, but not when I was trying to get them fed. I've gooten one saying that the place needs repairs and could I help them out. Sure, I'd love to! Unfortunately, if the supplies aren't in the store, there's nothing I can do. I'm not a genie!

kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by kore21 on May 30, 09 7:28 PM
the one i really hate is the "we need a different kind of groceries." this comes up a lot after somebody's been sick. if health drops, the game interprets this as "you're feeding em cheap food."

this is well & good, but i buy only organic after i can afford it AND i buy all food groups. no real point then. it's just health related.

i do usually buy the fruits & veggies set tho just to make em happy (shut em up).

lorie56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,872 Posts

[Post New]by lorie56 on May 30, 09 8:20 PM
There's also the one when they are "craving" new things. I usually get that one when they don't have much, but they also don't have much money. I'm not going to have them almost broke just so they can have a birdhouse or new sheets.

kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by kore21 on May 30, 09 8:53 PM
if mine are almost broke, i send em scrounging for collectibles. you can at least buy food in a short period.

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on May 30, 09 8:57 PM
Sometimes, I wish I could just block their emails..lol.

lorie56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,872 Posts

[Post New]by lorie56 on May 30, 09 9:01 PM
kore21 wrote:if mine are almost broke, i send em scrounging for collectibles. you can at least buy food in a short period.

Mine are always scrounging for collectibles - even the ones who have plenty of money! Kids are great for that. They aren't doing anything important like working or preparing a meal!

kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by kore21 on May 31, 09 1:24 AM
oh, yes, for certain.

anyone who plays with the towel rack too much gets smacked, does the flying circuit round the yard looking for collectibles, then summarily dumped in the pool.

at least swimming gives em a reason to dry their feet.

Blue_River
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by Blue_River on Jun 1, 09 6:39 AM
Yeah, I get the one about different types of groceries all the time and there is 2200-2500 food available. Plus I give them a combination of organics and regular groceries so they have options. Why in the world would they be asking for more food when there is always a ton available to them? I have never understood the reason for this. How bout we try having them sit down for a meal until thier 'Fed' Bar is almost full even if it means we have to keep putting them back at the table. I noticed praising them for eating does not make them sit down to a meal on thier own. Let's see if that makes a difference. Maybe they just aren't eating enough.

lorie56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,872 Posts

[Post New]by lorie56 on Jun 1, 09 3:30 PM
It must be like real life. I've heard that from my own kid. All kinds of food in the house, but according to him there was nothing to eat! Whenever my peeps complain about having different kinds of foods I buy them a bag of whatever is on sale. And then I tell them to shut up and stop complaining!

kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by kore21 on Jun 1, 09 6:21 PM
got it again about groceries, after someone had illness.

he can wait until organics go on sale.

[Post New]by momof2wldboyz83 on Jun 1, 09 8:23 PM
One of my dads had the nerve to email me telling me hed like to see some new things in the house... some upgrades since he did get a promotion. He said the EXTRA money would be nice, then mom popped out babies 4&5. A few extra dollars isnt much when you cant keep your pants on and babies keep flying out. I was like wth... not like your rolling in moola over here. I hate those emails. Like getting spam.

AzFreebird
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by AzFreebird on Jun 2, 09 5:14 AM
And then actually getting the 'This May Be Spam' email... ARGH!!! gimmie a break! I get enough of that IRL - let me escape it without having to buy that stupid anti-spam disk that the entire family celebrates as an 'upgrade'!
What is that all about anyway?
Has anyone tried ignoring the emails to player?
They've asked for more food with over 5000 available and NOT been sick... and they want upgrades when the only thing left is the pinball machine and they're a loooong way from having the money for that!

lorie56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,872 Posts

[Post New]by lorie56 on Jun 2, 09 8:02 AM
If you see that they're going to be sending you an e-mail you can move them and they will do something else. I had one send me an e-mail today that said "Life is good. See you on the screen." I didn't see that he was sending me an e-mail because I was having another peep do something.

[Post New]by momof2wldboyz83 on Jun 2, 09 6:44 PM
AzFreebird wrote:And then actually getting the 'This May Be Spam' email... ARGH!!! gimmie a break! I get enough of that IRL - let me escape it without having to buy that stupid anti-spam disk that the entire family celebrates as an 'upgrade'!
What is that all about anyway?
Has anyone tried ignoring the emails to player?
They've asked for more food with over 5000 available and NOT been sick... and they want upgrades when the only thing left is the pinball machine and they're a loooong way from having the money for that!

LMAO!! They do celebrate that dont they!!! On one of my twins dislikes... it said spam and since its there from the age of 2... I opened his detail page and saw that and laughed. What did a 2 yr old know about spam?!

Go to: