catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Frozen Patchworks here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Feb 18, 15 1:06 AM
A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 02/18/2015 at 6:44:52 AM PST

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Frozen Patchworks here!

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Feb 18, 15 4:39 AM
Seriously?

Have you READ the game description???? It's F-E-B-R-U-A-R-Y~ And the END of February, at that! Isn't it a little "late in the game" for this game? Seriously!

Most" of the game description .... from the game page:

"The most magical night of the year is coming... today! Feel the atmosphere of an unforgettable Christmas night and start your exciting adventure with Frozen Patchwork!

Journey through a Frozen Christmas world and complete all the puzzles."

Where was this game in, say, December???? Christmas at the end of the February? Oh well, I guess if you can have Christmas in July we may as well have it in February, too. ..... and March ..... and April ...... and ...................................

Bye Friends ..... you know where I'M going! FINALLY!

Oh, yes, this IS a review. My thoughts and opinions and ..... opinions and thoughts .... about this game.

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Feb 18, 15 6:44 AM
Well, It is unfortunate for 8 Floor Games to have this game come out in February instead of December. I wasn't going to let that stop me on doing the demo though.

First off was that I noticed the music. Pretty & unobtrusive. A big plus.

Second thing I noticed was I was in a student level and 5 other levels had locks on them. Adept - Apprentice - Magical - Magister - Hero.

Third thing was coins are earned by completing the puzzle, by not making a mistake and by finishing puzzle in the time allowed. You can spend your coins on hints or adding 30 seconds to your time.

In the options you can do a relax mode (which I didn't try) and a option for left handed players.

I did about 20 puzzles in the beginning level around #17 I unlocked the Adept level which had another 20 puzzles.

You can replay the puzzles over again if you made a mistake or didn't finish it in the time allowed.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 18, 15 6:45 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Frozen Patchworks here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Frozen Patchworks.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

luciusm
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by luciusm on Feb 18, 15 4:40 PM
Don't let the whole "wrong time of year" issue stop you from buying this game, especially if you have game card that you need to use.
It's actually more of a winter theme than a Christmas theme. There's a few holiday puzzles thrown in, but mostly it's winter stuff. Totally appropriate.
I'm having a wonderful time with it. I sew applique quilts and this game reminds me of doing that, each piece having drawn "stitches" around it. Piecing a picture quilt is like this.
Thanks BFG and 8Floor!

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on Feb 18, 15 11:41 PM
Okay, it would have been better timed if this had been issued on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day (or else they should have changed the write-up, to not suggest that it was Christmas Eve yesterday) - but I am SO glad they've issued it now rather than waiting until NEXT Christmas.

It's a beautiful game, lovely graphics, no technical issues, and amazing to play. Levels can be replayed at any point, there is an untimed mode, and discovering each picture is such fun.

For me, it was a credit well spent - but if I hadn't had a credit to spare, I would gladly have paid full price for this one.

Edited on 02/18/2015 at 11:42:48 PM PST

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Feb 24, 15 5:58 PM
one of the most boring games I have ever played!
I got through about 6 levels before I deleted

Go to: