Jackie34918
Flounder
Flounder
2,054 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by Jackie34918 on Dec 21, 15 3:28 PM
sbaker2318 wrote:...........and Jackie types faster than I.............

Acetoyou
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Acetoyou on Dec 21, 15 9:16 PM
This is a follow up comment on the drop rate of the elf quests. I currently have approximately 80 bells, 40-50 other items, and 4 Christmas balls. There is something haywire for these numbers to be what they are, especially since almost every quest requires Christmas ball. Very frustrating and disappointing after every HOS played.

I reported this yesterday but cannot find it or anyones response to the comment. So, I am following up with this post.

Please adjust the drop rate. The quests were fun when they were working, now I growl after each HOS with no Christmas ball. Make us happy again.

Tifaya
Herring
Herring
367 Posts

[Post New]by Tifaya on Dec 22, 15 1:43 AM
Acetoyou wrote:This is a follow up comment on the drop rate of the elf quests. I currently have approximately 80 bells, 40-50 other items, and 4 Christmas balls. There is something haywire for these numbers to be what they are, especially since almost every quest requires Christmas ball. Very frustrating and disappointing after every HOS played.

I reported this yesterday but cannot find it or anyones response to the comment. So, I am following up with this post.

Please adjust the drop rate. The quests were fun when they were working, now I growl after each HOS with no Christmas ball. Make us happy again.

Hi Acetoyou!

It's probably not of much help to you, but I'm playing on PC and get a lot of those "christmasballs" as you call them. With me it's one time the candycanes other times the Santa Hats, it varies. But that's normal. Every player has that.

I would like it when the Devs. increase the amount of giftboxes you can get in the game. Right now, I find the amount of giftboxes way to low, causing that a lot of people can't complete the Home Town Santa achievement (The one where you have to collect the Santa Medaillons), because you can't give away enough presents for under the trees.

So, Good Luck and hang in there!

Tifaya

[Post New]by Popsmum on Dec 23, 15 4:11 AM
I have reached level 68 and have been waiting for an update so I can access the Landlord. Also, the game is now running so slow, it is impossible to play! I have tried uninstalling and re-installing, but it has made no difference.
I see from an earlier post that another gamer had a similar problem with the landlord update but I can't see a reply.
Can anyone advise what is happening and if I can fix this. If it is not fixable then I will have to uninstall it Forever!

chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Dec 23, 15 4:21 AM
Why is the seagull in the Shallow Waters scene transparent? Another example of the bad work of the new artist?

Tifaya
Herring
Herring
367 Posts

[Post New]by Tifaya on Dec 23, 15 6:00 AM
chris_2_4 wrote:Why is the seagull in the Shallow Waters scene transparent? Another example of the bad work of the new artist?

Hi Chris!

Why are you so negative? You almost sound as if you were the former artist and they've fired you! What has happened between you and the Devs. or BfG?
Couldn't it be, they just did that to make the seagull a bit harder to find?

Tifaya

Edited on 12/23/2015 at 6:59:15 AM PST

moonfell
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by moonfell on Dec 25, 15 2:56 PM
Hi, play on a PC and am at level #60, working on Norman's Quest--Mystic Fountain,
question is a glitch or what, I get 2 or 3 of the Fountain done and it reverts back to one or two.
How do I work this???
Gavi-Tn 127617

Tifaya
Herring
Herring
367 Posts

[Post New]by Tifaya on Dec 26, 15 7:18 AM
So far 0 giftboxes again, today and yesterday!

Update: Now I don't know if it's a coincidence or if they read my posts, but I'm suddenly getting giftboxes again. So far 4!

Tifaya

Edited on 12/26/2015 at 8:42:03 AM PST

_Frank_
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by _Frank_ on Dec 27, 15 8:15 AM
chris_2_4 wrote:Why is the seagull in the Shallow Waters scene transparent? Another example of the bad work of the new artist?

Objects in the HOS's have always changed their opacity and color throughout the game. It may be annoying but what else can they do to make it more difficult for us? I personally like the challenge. Another thing they do is hide one thing under another so you won't notice it until you remove the top item. There are usually 4 or 5 locations for each item in a scene. Some are localized in a certain area while other bounce all around the scene. Memorize each location for each item and the scenes will go more smoothly.

Tifaya
Herring
Herring
367 Posts

[Post New]by Tifaya on Dec 31, 15 12:55 AM
Hello everyone and Devs!

I've noticed that the moment you have won something with The Lucky Diamond, the problem with the score from the HOS starts. If you didn't win something with The Lucky Diamond, no problem with the score of the HOS.

Maybe this helps to solve the problem?

Thanks!

Happy New Year to all of you!

Tifaya

Edited on 12/31/2015 at 12:59:28 AM PST

Tifaya
Herring
Herring
367 Posts

[Post New]by Tifaya on Dec 31, 15 12:40 PM

May this year be, finally,
filled with peace and harmony!
Every year this is,
my, still unfullfilled, wish.
War and hunger still reign,
and all mankind is interested in is how money and power to gain.
Please people be kind and loving to one another
We do have to share this planet with each other
Together we are strong, we just need to get along!

I wish you all a prosperous, happy, peaceful and loving 2016!

Tifaya

[Post New]by laralulu on Dec 31, 15 2:34 PM
I have two friends that the game won't grant me access to help. I have received gifts from them and when I try to click on their cards in the friends section nothing happens. Can someone please help me address this problem?

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Dec 31, 15 3:21 PM
Laralulu............Welcome to the Forum! Your two friends...........they don't have a wish list, that's why it wont turn over............nothing you can do but wait until they have a wish list.

mlc311
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by mlc311 on Dec 31, 15 6:07 PM
I went to "deliver" some pink boxes tonight and I'm not allowed to. The game freezes with a notice to please wait but nothing happens. I have to close out of the game. Hope we can still deliver the boxes to those with trees up. I'd like to get the avatar! (John sure shut his Christmas room off fast!!!!)

[Post New]by BoxerIsis on Dec 31, 15 7:12 PM
Like the poster before me when I tried to leave a gift under the tree the game froze on the Please Wait ..... screen and I had to totally shut it down to get it to work.

Also all the Christmas stuff is gone yet the Elf wants Christmas stuff to get the cards and pet medallions. Not fare since I need more medallions to get pets.

JohnTonkin
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by JohnTonkin on Dec 31, 15 8:05 PM
Seems like they have partly shut off the Christmas stuff. When I played today, the elf was gone, and was replaced by the alchemist (non-seasonal). Snowflakes still show up, but after finishing the red card I was working on, only coins, crystals and jewels. Also get gifts when doing scenes, but as above, game locks when try to leave gifts. Was able to get crystals from butterfles, though and if I quit room without the lock up from leaving a gift, I could keep the crystals. It would have been nice to send a warning that the Christmas stuff was going away. They seem to send lots of announcements about the tournaments (which I haven't seen any of lately).

[Post New]by BoxerIsis on Dec 31, 15 8:24 PM
JohnTonkin wrote:Seems like they have partly shut off the Christmas stuff. When I played today, the elf was gone, and was replaced by the alchemist (non-seasonal). Snowflakes still show up, but after finishing the red card I was working on, only coins, crystals and jewels. Also get gifts when doing scenes, but as above, game locks when try to leave gifts. Was able to get crystals from butterfles, though and if I quit room without the lock up from leaving a gift, I could keep the crystals. It would have been nice to send a warning that the Christmas stuff was going away. They seem to send lots of announcements about the tournaments (which I haven't seen any of lately).

I wonder why I still have the Elf? I needed 2 more red round decorations to finish up that challenge.

Wonder if I sold all the other stuff if it would reset or not.

[Post New]by MysteriousWon on Dec 31, 15 8:53 PM
When I collect snowflakes I am not always awarded the prize, especially when I have 1 more to collect to receive whatever is on offer and I get 2 snowflakes, it is happening frequently. I have also lost my high scores since I started playing again, I have been on a break

Edited on 12/31/2015 at 9:31:04 PM PST

ladyjake
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by ladyjake on Dec 31, 15 9:47 PM
I don't have the elf any more either and when I tried to give gift boxes to my friends' Christmas trees my game froze and I too had to shut down and start over. Every thing else for The Winter Event is still there though. Wish they would tell us what to expect. Is the event to continue until Jan. 6 ( little Christmas) like last year or are they stopping on the 1st, or what.

Ladyjake / Helen

Edited on 12/31/2015 at 9:49:16 PM PST

Judibeth
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

[Post New]by Judibeth on Dec 31, 15 10:15 PM
It is Jan.1 here. I came home from a New Year's party and checked into the Castle. I went directly to friend's Christmas room to leave a gift I had acquired yesterday. The game froze with a message to please wait, but a long wait did not solve anything. I had to use task manager to close the game. There was no warning that I should have refrained from gifting, and I did not realize that the gift period was over, so, thinking it had been a glitch with my computer or server, I restarted the game, went directly to friend's Christmas room and tried again. The game froze again and had to be shut down with the task manager. I realized then that there was a glitch in the game. I see from this thread that this is a common problem. Is Christmas gifting over or is this a new technical glitch? It is not even Christmas yet in many parts of the world where the eastern rite is followed, so it seems strange to not be allowed to give Christmas gifts!

Go to: