sandrahollie
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

Buying games

[Post New]by sandrahollie on Feb 18, 15 11:04 AM
Did anyone else get a letter from BF saying their account may have been hacked. You would think they would have posted it on this site for everyone to see.

twinsoniclab
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,464 Posts

Re:Buying games

[Post New]by twinsoniclab on Feb 18, 15 11:14 AM
Only the customers who might have been affected were contacted. It was a small window of time, so not everyone needed to worry.

I wasn't contacted, and I'm not worried about it!

Oh, I did read a few Mod posts when other posts referred to it.

Edited on 02/18/2015 at 11:15:21 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Buying games

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 18, 15 11:52 AM
Hi everyone,

I was splashing along the pond and came across this thread.

Big Fish Games self-discovered evidence that we were the victim of a criminal intrusion of our website, involving the interception and diversion of payment information for a small percentage of our total customers. Affected customers are limited to those who provided new payment information using a web browser to make purchases on our website from December 24, 2014 until January 8, 2015. Purchases for or within mobile games through Apple or Google, or purchases on Facebook were not affected. We were able to remove the malware responsible for the issue and are directly notifying customers who were affected by mail. We deeply regret any difficulties or inconvenience this may cause our customers. We know this kind of incident can create concern and encourage those impacted to contact Customer Support Team or PM bfgMurrumbidgee.

Since the discussion in this thread is not game related and the thread has been addressed, I’m going to go ahead and lock this thread.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

bfgBellerophon

Edited on 02/18/2015 at 11:59:16 AM PST

Go to: