Blue_Phoenix
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

Need help on 2nd Atom mini game

[Post New]by Blue_Phoenix on May 31, 09 3:39 PM
Anybody have any pointers on how to get through the second atom mini game (the one brought on by placing the gold Nobel Prize on Einsteins desk), starting at the third screen? I get through the first and second but start having trouble on the one where the 4 purples are in an arc " ( " around each side of the page, with the greens (3 and 3) forming a triangle right next to them? THAT is the level in which I have trouble getting through.

I do get through it sometimes and onto the one where it has the snake of reds streaming through the middle of a bunch of blues and purples... and that one I can pretty much get.

But if anyone has an order for the one I described above, that would be helpful. Thank you!

ps: the walk through does not help with much of anything with this game in my opinion save for showing you where everything is. In so far as their help on mini games, they are just instructional rather than helpful with tips and hints, IMO.

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

Re:Need help on 2nd Atom mini game

[Post New]by Euskalduna on May 31, 09 3:57 PM
There are not pointers or specific way to deal with this mini game. I recall I started with the 3 green ones you mention, and that gave me some space. Also, remember that you do not have to clash together three colors, you can put 2 together and leave them for the moment at that. You will get more space that way, and when you get rid of other colors, you can finish the two pending balls. Anyway, I think this mini game is random. Just keep trying and you will finally get it. Good luck!

Blue_Phoenix
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by Blue_Phoenix on Jun 1, 09 8:39 PM
The patterns are always the same, and sometimes I get it and sometimes I dont. I start out with eliminating the 2 sets of 3 greens on each side (leaving the lone single green in the middle). I remove all the purples in 2 moves right after the greens. It is there where I start running into trouble.

I usually collide a yellow with a red, or vice versa. I think I have it (time will tell- I cant stop playing this game and topping my time... but off topic, I will never, ever get that darn pinwheel thing in DaVinci's room to land on that spiral green target without getting trashed by the candles. And I have landed it on the target despite my mouse always over compensating, but it still explodes). I have to bring together a couple of reds, deselect them and then remove 3 yellows. Go back to connect 3 reds and so on.

Not positive exactly but each time I go through the atoms games, I remember which order I do the elimination in. I just have to write down this particular level so I can remember it. It's the only one screen with which I have the most trouble. The first mini atom game I can fly through, though ... now, *blush*!

Anyone with any specifics about this level, suggestions would be incredible! And thank *you* for your response!

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Jun 2, 09 7:05 AM
Blue Phoenix, let me tell you I have played this game 3 times and NEVER have I been able to master the pinwheel thing on Da Vinci's room. I think its there just to annoy you. As for the atom puzzle, what can I say. I did it relatively easely, but it took me some time to get the hang of it. Nevertheless, you will do it. Believe me, if I did, anybody can. Good luck!

carolwooden
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by carolwooden on Mar 8, 10 11:44 PM
Out of all of the mini-games in Flux I like the Atom ones the best. You just have to keep trying. Don't do the same thing everytime, try it with different approaches. I had some hits and misses but I enjoyed it because I had the option of hitting the skip key if I wished.

As long as you can skip, why not have a difficult mini-game now and then? The ones I really hate and will skip just about every time is when you have to connect circuits or pipes. I get too frustrated and usually don't even try these anymore. They are beyond my abilities.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Mar 12, 10 2:13 PM
The one thing that finally helped me with this game was realizing that you can click on one, then the second and very quickly click on the first one to make it stop moving while the second one continues to move toward it.. That gives you a little more of an option as to where both of them end up.

Go to: