phoebe222
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

The gardens

[Post New]by phoebe222 on May 31, 09 6:57 PM
I remember reading somewhere (which I can't find now) that there is a surprise if you have the mushrooms in the garden. Other than getting another garden for the mushrooms, I haven't seen anything different. Is there a trick that I couldn't discover ?

I sell the plants once they grow for the price that I assume the max (8000 for normal ones, 10K for the mushrooms and water plants) Is there any use in keeping them (except the coins they drop from time to time) ?

player84
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

Re:The gardens

[Post New]by player84 on May 31, 09 7:12 PM
I think the surprise is that if you water and feed them until they are full size they will give you 2 diamonds.

cjathome
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by cjathome on May 31, 09 7:17 PM
Heck I didn't even know you could sell them! Where do you do that from?

phoebe222
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by phoebe222 on May 31, 09 7:24 PM
A dollar icon appears on top, where the water can and stuff stand. Can't remember what triggered it though. You can sell the plants when you have that.

gapalms
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by gapalms on Jun 4, 09 3:00 PM
My mushrooms are all zzz'ing and have been since I got them a few days ago. Should I sell them now???

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jun 4, 09 3:13 PM
Wait and get the second greenhouse, then move them there. Mushrooms won't grow in the daytime greenhouse.

ArmyMomOkc
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by ArmyMomOkc on Jun 4, 09 3:13 PM
gapalms wrote:My mushrooms are all zzz'ing and have been since I got them a few days ago. Should I sell them now???

No don't sell them yet!
Sounds like they are sleeping, to wake them up you need to buy the garden for them. After you have moved them they will wake up.
They are worth $8,000 each when fully grown.

gapalms
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by gapalms on Jun 4, 09 3:33 PM
Thank you, ArmyMom!!

I was waiting to go back into the game for the next zombie onslaught, but hoped I'd get an answer about the garden!

Thanks very much!

TheLuggage
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by TheLuggage on Jun 4, 09 3:43 PM
ArmyMomOkc wrote:

Full grown night and aquatic plants sell for $10,000 (the increase is probably to offset the purchase price of their respective gardens).

gapalms
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by gapalms on Jun 4, 09 7:16 PM
Valuable information! Thanks!

ArmyMomOkc
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by ArmyMomOkc on Jun 5, 09 3:32 PM
TheLuggage wrote:
ArmyMomOkc wrote:

Full grown night and aquatic plants sell for $10,000 (the increase is probably to offset the purchase price of their respective gardens).

I sold off a couple of pansies and some duplicate day plants to make room for more.

Dave offered me $10k for my shrooms. Wish I would get some aquatics, only have one. I keep getting duplicates of my day plants (which is fine they are cute).

Has anyone noticed you get more plants for your garden when you have 10 pieces of chocolate saved?

Edited on 06/07/2009 at 6:45:02 PM PST

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Jun 10, 09 4:06 PM
Chocolate? How do you get chocolate?

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jun 10, 09 4:09 PM
If you have purchased a snail, sometimes when a zombie dies you get chocolate instead of a coin or a plant.

windrose53
Flounder
Flounder
2,385 Posts

[Post New]by windrose53 on Jun 10, 09 6:43 PM
I haven't been getting anything except chocolate, since I bought the snail. I have 13 pieces. Before the chocolate I got 3 lily pads (at different times) but I've never gotten any shrooms.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jun 10, 09 6:55 PM
I thought that after you had 10 pieces of chocolate it stopped giving you more (unless you used it)? When I have 10 chocs I just get plants. When I feed the snail one of them, the next level I do gives me a choc before I get another plant.

You only get shrooms from the night scenes. for some reason the foggy ones seem to give me nothing but shrooms.

Edited on 06/10/2009 at 6:56:30 PM PST

windrose53
Flounder
Flounder
2,385 Posts

[Post New]by windrose53 on Jun 11, 09 3:46 AM
I did use some of the chocolate, but I thought I had more than 10 at one time. But when I checked just now I have 9, so you're probably right. I'll try keeping it at 10 and see if I get some plants.

I know you're suppose to get shrooms on the night levels, but I'm on the roof now in my second time of adventure mode - so there are no more night levels there. I've been replaying the mini games that happen at night (it's raining seeds, whack a zombie, etc) but I've never gotten any shrooms.

Oh well, I just sell the plants as soon as they're fully grown any way, because I'm trying to get $80k to get the 10th slot. I don't have much time to play during the week, just an hour or so in the evening. So it's taking me longer to make progress.

player84
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by player84 on Jun 11, 09 1:28 PM
If you have your zen garden almost full and have a snail, feed him some chocolate while you are watering all your plants (first time visiting in the day). He will race around and collect coin that will be popping up like crazy. You can collect $ 4 - 5000 in coins in 15 -20 minutes. Release of coins start to slow down after that but it is an easy way to get $ for more plants or other up grades.

Go to: