keltica
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

Lost Secrets ... Caribbean Explorer

[Post New]by keltica on Jun 1, 09 5:24 AM
Just downloaded this game, and it's awful ... the sceens are blurred , I found it too hard to find objects ... Not for me

Lou

Edited on 06/02/2009 at 1:29:56 PM PST

chandlersmom
Herring
Herring
373 Posts

Re:Lost Secrets ... Carrabean Explorer

[Post New]by chandlersmom on Jun 1, 09 7:04 AM
I have been in the forums this morning and I have heard nothing but bad reviews. Im on my way to check it out and I'll get back to you.

chandlersmom
Herring
Herring
373 Posts

[Post New]by chandlersmom on Jun 1, 09 7:29 AM
I just demoed this game and it is awful. The music got on my last nerve. The objects are fuzzy. It game me a headache trying to find the required objects. You were correct in your review. I will NOT be buying this game.

keltica
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by keltica on Jun 2, 09 4:05 AM
I'm kinda dissapointed in a few games recently, I'm still have been spoiled by RTR .. lol ..
I liked Treasure seekers and a few others recently, but even those were TOO SHORT ..

Bring us out a Good Long Interesting game ....... Is that too much to ask for ????

Does anyone know of any games coming out soon, I'm hoping there's a sequel too Mushroom Age I loved that game .....

Lou

keltica
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by keltica on Jun 2, 09 8:10 AM
Chandlersmom,

Get Plants v Zombies ... it's a right laugh .... I love it, and it's not the kinda game i would normally try, but after a few people in here telling me to try it , I did and was very pleasently surprized

Lou

ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

[Post New]by ghost777 on Jun 2, 09 8:12 AM
Thanks for the heads up and thumbs down for carabean Explorer.love the plants vs zombies .cant beat them guys .keep getting my brains eaten out lol.

keltica
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by keltica on Jun 2, 09 8:15 AM
Hi ghost ,

I'm just going away to purchase the Plants V Zombies now, and i'll play it tonight, I'm not very good at it , but it's fun trying

and yes the Explorer game is AWFUL .....

Lets hope there's a good new **** game out soon.....

Lou

weeharleyboy
Shark
Shark
13,276 Posts

[Post New]by weeharleyboy on Jun 2, 09 8:20 AM
Would an **** lover like plants vs zombies?

The last couple of ****'s have been a huge disappointment but - having said that - the standard of this type of game has been climbing fast and it must be hard for small developers to keep up. Although I wish they would

let me know and I'll maybe give it a try!!!!!!!!!

keltica
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by keltica on Jun 2, 09 8:24 AM
i'm an **** lover and i don't usually play any other games, sometimes a good 3 match game is ok ... but I got recommended the Plants V Zombies game, and Yes you would probably like it , Go give it a try you've nothing too lose

Lou

sandipuppy
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by sandipuppy on Jun 2, 09 9:24 AM
ok...Lost Secrets sucks...I lasted maybe 7 minutes before I deleted it...this is the worst HOG drought since after RTR!!!

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Jun 2, 09 10:31 AM
Thanks for the reviews. After playing that beta for Save Our Spirit, I really don't want to get into another one that has lousy graphics. Thanks for the heads up - I won't bother to DL.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jun 2, 09 10:35 AM
I did not even bother to try this one as the game even looked bad in the screenshots

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jun 2, 09 10:57 AM
I tried it for a few minutes yesterday. It's kind of campy, like a grade-B movie, and there was a time when I think I might have enjoyed this game, from that standpoint anyway, just for the novelty of it all. But many hidden object games later, I have gotten quite a bit more discriminating and I am not so easily amused. I don't think it's the worst one I have seen either; I can think of others that I liked less.

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Jun 2, 09 12:36 PM
Hey all,

Just popping in to move Lost Secrets: Caribbean Explorer Secrets of the Sea now that it has its own forum.

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

havasulady
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

Re:Lost Secrets ... Caribbean Explorer

[Post New]by havasulady on Jun 2, 09 2:09 PM
A royal waste of time!

HighlandMax
Manatee
Manatee
3,824 Posts

[Post New]by HighlandMax on Jun 2, 09 2:55 PM
I should have known better........Lost Secrets of the Burmuda Triangle, was awful too......but did not put two and two together that both are created by the same company.
I will admit that I bought the thing......somebody slap me.......haven't finished it yet cause it's just so boring.

slm1022
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by slm1022 on Jun 2, 09 5:18 PM
I agree with the rest of the fish in the sea....this game is awful. It's made cheaply. You can't see the objects and have to click on them twice to remove them from the list. The music made me so crazy I quit the game and deleted it.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Jun 2, 09 5:29 PM
Wow....That had to the longest hour waiting for the demo to just come to an end....I guess I was hoping somewhere along the line that it would get better. This game was just awful. I would remove the world premiere thing just because the game isn't worth telling the world about, unless its to tell them its BAD, Bad, Bad. Don't waste an hour of your time or your money, trust me.

[Post New]by rgordo7 on Jun 2, 09 11:29 PM
I thought this was hilarious! I didn't have any problems seeimg the items, some of them were hidden very cleverly -- but there were always fewer items in the list than it actually wanted. I'd have apparently finished the list, but when I went back to the map screen it'd say there were 1 or 2 or 3 items still to find. Luckily, there wasn't any penalty for extra clicks, so I'd go around clicking on various things, seeimg whether they a)removed something from the list (really, "the stone?" On a picture of a rocky beach?)(it ended up being some sort of gemstone/colored agate) or b)just randomly shrank/expanded/popped out of sight.

So yeah, deleted.

I've played bad games before -- random or absent storylines (this one was pretty weak), various technical errors (the only one I ran into was some slow animations, but that could have been my computer), poor translation into english (yep) -- but this one took Lousy to a new level.

Oh yeah, the 'find the difference' screens with no indication of how many differences you were looking for. That too.

And the unexplained hint coins -- although in context, that was trivial.

The solitaire game was decent, though.

[Post New]by sugarbuttonz on Jun 3, 09 6:24 AM
This game gave me a headache from the eye strain. Deleted it!

Go to: