catluvr
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

what is with the stamps?

[Post New]by catluvr on Feb 21, 15 8:20 AM
trying to get the correct stamps but when i stamp the images it says there must be a clue somewhere. i've tried all combinations but to bo avail.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

Re:what is with the stamps?

[Post New]by CiChDa on Feb 21, 15 11:03 AM
If you look over where you sorted the papers on the shelf, it has the order you need to put the stamps in when you print them out on the paper...hope this helps

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

what is with the stamps?

[Post New]by swedane on Feb 21, 15 11:13 AM
catluvr wrote:trying to get the correct stamps but when i stamp the images it says there must be a clue somewhere. i've tried all combinations but to bo avail.

Can't remember where the clue was, but remember the order of the stamps:

Hat
Mike (looked like a microphone to me)
Camera
Typewriter

Hope that helps!

jdlane32
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jdlane32 on Feb 21, 15 11:29 AM
I posted this problem in the tech area, but maybe one of you can help me here. The papers are all neatly in their places, and when I click on the screen there, an empty instruction box appears on top. It must be telling me to do something, but as I don't read 'blank', I don't know what it is. I have the correct order for the stamps, but as the game doesn't seem to know I completed the papers, it keeps directing me to finding the order somewhere in the room.

What does the instruction box say? Does anyone remember? I've closed and reopened, reinstalled, and checked my drivers. Everything is fine, but I can't continue. I was enjoying the game, and hate to just request a credit for it, but I can't go further until this is resolved....

Thanks!

kindnsruls
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by kindnsruls on Feb 21, 15 12:03 PM
jdlane32 wrote:I posted this problem in the tech area, but maybe one of you can help me here. The papers are all neatly in their places, and when I click on the screen there, an empty instruction box appears on top. It must be telling me to do something, but as I don't read 'blank', I don't know what it is. I have the correct order for the stamps, but as the game doesn't seem to know I completed the papers, it keeps directing me to finding the order somewhere in the room.

What does the instruction box say? Does anyone remember? I've closed and reopened, reinstalled, and checked my drivers. Everything is fine, but I can't continue. I was enjoying the game, and hate to just request a credit for it, but I can't go further until this is resolved....

Thanks!

[Post New]by CherylParker on Feb 22, 15 11:39 PM
I'm not sure if you are having a problem with the stamps or the place on the right where you put the newspapers in the right boxes.
After you put the papers in the correct boxes a clue shows up in the order you need to stamp the paper on the left side.
Also 2 steel boxes appear. That is where you will put the paper you stamp. But you need another piece of paper with another set of stamps on it.
Don't remember where you get the second paper. I know it is outside somewhere.
When you have both papers with the stamp marks on them. You need to put those in those steel boxes that appeared. An HOP will open up after you put the stamped papers in.
Hope this helps.

jdlane32
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jdlane32 on Feb 23, 15 4:52 PM
Thanks for the tip. Where you mention that a clue comes up is where the message box is blank. But I finally did figure it out, although it doesn't make a lot of sense. I had the right symbols in the right order for the stamps. However, I had to go to the strategy guide and press the left and right arrows in the order the guide said, even though it shouldn't have made a difference. When I followed the order specified in the guide, the stamps stayed on the paper and I was able to move forward. Still think it was a glitch (missing text in the message box), but just thankful I was able to move on.

Thanks!

Go to: