moondances
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

Safe?

[Post New]by moondances on Feb 21, 15 5:55 PM
I read mirror instructions but can't place the dial on the safe nor can I adjust the dials-What am I doing wrong?

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

Re:Safe?

[Post New]by 1357wc on Feb 21, 15 8:14 PM
Put the dial on the mirror( on bottom right corner) Click on til it lights up. Then you get the dial to put on the safe. Turn each dial until the light goes green.

moondances
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by moondances on Feb 22, 15 2:50 PM
TY

KDinMD43
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by KDinMD43 on Feb 22, 15 4:41 PM
I still don't get it. Above says put the dial on the mirror (bottom right corner of what?) of the mirror, dial or safe? It doesn't do anything for me....

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Feb 22, 15 10:11 PM
Your Magic Mirror is in the bottom right of the screen. You need to select it so a big mirror pops up on your screen. Then you can put the safe dial on it.

KDinMD43
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by KDinMD43 on Feb 23, 15 12:55 PM
Severine snape,

Do I click the dial on the mirror? Then click on the safe? I tried that and it won't stay on the safe? Sorry, I am not trying to be difficult but not understanding. If after you click the dial on the mirror you are supposed to put it on the missing dial on the safe, my dial won't (stick) it keeps going back to my inventory?

Thanks in advance,
KDinMD

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Feb 23, 15 10:28 PM
Don't worry, you're not being difficult

You select the small mirror in the bottom right of the screen, next to the hint button. It should pop up and become a big mirror that fills your screen. You then select the safe dial from your inventory and put it on the mirror. An image of the three safe dials should appear on the mirror. If you move your cursor over the image on the mirror, three areas should light up red - they show you the settings for the dials on the actual safe. You need to click those areas on the mirror.

You can then click outside of the mirror to close it, and go to the safe. Place the safe dial, which is back in your inventory, on the safe. Then turn each dial until the light next to it turns green.

I didn't try this, but I think that maybe you can't put the dial on the safe until you've clicked on the red areas on the mirror...?

Each time you get an item with a green tick in your inventory, you need to access your mirror, place the item on it and then click on the images in the mirror that turn red when you mouse over them.

[Post New]by flpetro on Feb 24, 15 3:54 PM
I am having the same problem. The dial, in the inventory, has a green check mark. I open the mirror, take the dial and place it on the lower right corner as instructed. I left the dial there for the better part of 1 minute. When I clicked again the dial returned to the inventory. I then opened the safe and tried to place the dial. The dial snaps back to the inventory.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Feb 24, 15 5:16 PM
Did you select the areas that light up red on the mirror before going to the safe? I don't think you can put the dial on the safe until you've clicked on the three areas on the mirror that light up when you mouse over them.

Also, you don't put the dial on the lower right corner of the mirror, just place it anywhere on the mirror. It's that the mirror is in the lower right corner of the screen.

[Post New]by flpetro on Feb 25, 15 10:00 AM
Followed the above instructions. There are no 'Red' on the mirror. Placing the dial in the lower right hand corner does nothing. Moving the dial around the mirror, the dials on the mirror do not turn 'Red'.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Feb 25, 15 2:09 PM
It is possible that there's a bug in the game at this point - but I'm still not convinced you're understanding the steps correctly.

Again, you don't place the dial on the lower right corner of the mirror. You select the mirror and put the dial on the glass of the mirror. (Not on the frame.)

As soon as you put an item with a green tick on the glass of the mirror, an image should appear on the mirror. Once that image is there, the item will be back in your inventory - it doesn't stay on the mirror and you don't need to put it on the mirror again.

With your cursor, which now looks like a little crow foot holding some kind of pointy stone, find the areas that light up red. In this case it's the three little arrow points on the dials. Click on those so they stay red. If you're not sure which bits to click, find the image in the strategy guide.

If those areas don't light up when you're following those steps, or if they do but you can't click them, then you're right, there is a problem with the game.

[Post New]by Lyndis26 on Feb 26, 15 9:29 PM
I finally got though it using the hints, you don't place the dial on the mirror at all,you drop the dial onto the mirror, then it goes back into the inventory, then you use your cursor on the 3 reflected images of the dials to locate the safe code numbers, when you have hovered over them they glow red, click on each one, then go to the actual safe on the wall in the room and pick up the dial from the inventory and place it on the actual safe and set the dials to the code as shown in the magic mirror.. the strategy guide is not clear on this one at all....

Edited on 02/26/2015 at 10:17:56 PM PST

KDinMD43
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by KDinMD43 on Feb 27, 15 5:16 PM
Ok thanks I got it now. Thank you to all of you that responded back with more information. I finally got it to work. Yay!

[Post New]by Bids123 on Feb 28, 15 11:56 AM
I hate this. Another game I have to unistall before finishing it,.

That stupid safe/mirror bug is there and I can't get anywhere.

This is not the first or the last time a game is so buggy that I cannot finish it.

I wish they would make sure everything is working before releasing these ...

Not a happy player.

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Feb 28, 15 7:23 PM
Don't give up! I tried everything and even printed out this thread so I could try everything written here. This is strange, but I could not get the numbers to come up red until I RIGHT-CLICKED my mouse.. I have no idea why this worked but it did. Try it before you uninstall.

Go to: