catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Tales: The Twilight World here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Feb 22, 15 12:58 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have! It might help to include the Operating System you're using.

Edited on 02/22/2015 at 6:42:57 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Tales: The Twilight World here!

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 22, 15 6:43 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

pjhundt
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by pjhundt on Feb 22, 15 10:08 AM
Demo locked up several times and had to restart computer. Windows 8.1
Can't buy something that doesn't work.

jmidge0217
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by jmidge0217 on Feb 22, 15 4:57 PM
Demo froze after hitting play-Windows 7

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Feb 22, 15 5:29 PM
It froze after I hit the Play button, also. It went to a screen with an ugly little creature, and then it wouldn't do anything. Usually you get your play options (hard, casual, etc.) at this point. I rarely have trouble with a game, in fact, I played the beta for this and had no problems. I was ready to put this game on my "buy" list, but not if I can't play it.

Edited on 02/22/2015 at 5:30:06 PM PST

[Post New]by katritow on Feb 22, 15 8:03 PM
I am playing this game on a pc and I think I maybe half way through it but, I am not able to play any further because the game freezes and then gives an error message. It stopped in the theater of the dark, or frozen world once I got to the red curtain.

ibn1984
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by ibn1984 on Feb 23, 15 7:29 PM
I know there are collectibles in the CE, but I found 1 cat of 40 in the SE
That was the only one I found. Did anyone else notice this tech issue?

TJPorche
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by TJPorche on Feb 23, 15 10:49 PM
Being curious, will there be a fix soon for the game freezing? I really like it and really want to play it.

taigood
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by taigood on Feb 25, 15 1:19 AM
The first release of this game's CE was flawed. A fix was released on January 27.

NOW THEY ISSUE THE SE BASED ON THE FIRST FLAWED CE???

Yes, I'm screaming my head off because I think they don´t give a damn about the SE's buyers. And I find it rather offensive!

I'm seriously considering if I continue being a BF Club member.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 25, 15 8:16 AM
Hi everyone,

I was splashing along the pond and came across this thread. It sounds like some of you are experience freezing issues with this particular game. I'm so sorry to hear about that. Talk about frustrating.

It may be helpful to check out the following help page:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that doesn't help, it may also be helpful to contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report.

We definitely want everyone to be able to play their purchased game if it is a standard version or Collector's Edition. I do hope this helps!

bfgBellerophon

jmidge0217
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by jmidge0217 on Feb 26, 15 12:58 PM
Contacted "tech support" First received a boiler plate answer that was not helpful-then asked for more info on my computer-then asked to spend several minutes reconfiguring my computer so I might be able to play this game-I gave up at that point.
They seem to want to blame our computers rather than fix the game that is clearly at fault. "Customer service" sure isn't what it used to be-sad

TJPorche
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by TJPorche on Feb 27, 15 12:09 AM
Got the update/game bug fix and got a bit further in the game but it's still freezing. Just thought someone would like to know.

[Post New]by kvisser on Mar 1, 15 2:51 PM
I have been playing this game since yesterday. It continues to freeze. At first I was able to restart my computer, then when I went back into the game it would be fine, now it keeps freezing on the same screen. I don't want to uninstall it as I am on the last item to collect and I don't really want to start over, also I don't have a lot of faith that it will help. They really need to fix this problem.

almawings
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by almawings on Mar 2, 15 1:56 PM
will not let you grab the gem in the fireplace

I see everyone is having this problem

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Mar 4, 15 10:56 AM
taigood I know exactly how you feel, been there done that, and got the T-shirt!!!

hibtug
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by hibtug on Mar 5, 15 12:53 PM
Halfway through the game I got an "access violation program terminated" message. What am I supposed to do ?!!

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on Mar 11, 15 9:15 PM
I love this developer's games, especially the newer ones, do I was delighted to find that when they freeze on Windows, restarting, going into options, and disabling the custom cursor and special effect seems to be a pretty consistent fix. I also found I could go back to the custom cursor almost as soon as I got past the freezing point - and had no further problems. Almawings, my freeze was before the gem in the fireplace; it was where katritow's freeze was. So by the time I got to the gem the game was working fine and I had no trouble. Hibtug - Did that error message pop up out of nowhere, or did it occur after the game froze and you were trying to close it? Because I almost invariably get that message when closing a frozen game. Either way, try disabling the special effects and custom cursor, and if that doesn't work (or you can't get back in), reboot and then try. Good luck.

Edited on 03/11/2015 at 9:16:25 PM PST

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on May 2, 15 9:20 PM
underwriter wrote:I love this developer's games, especially the newer ones, do I was delighted to find that when they freeze on Windows, restarting, going into options, and disabling the custom cursor and special effect seems to be a pretty consistent fix. I also found I could go back to the custom cursor almost as soon as I got past the freezing point - and had no further problems. Almawings, my freeze was before the gem in the fireplace; it was where katritow's freeze was. So by the time I got to the gem the game was working fine and I had no trouble. Hibtug - Did that error message pop up out of nowhere, or did it occur after the game froze and you were trying to close it? Because I almost invariably get that message when closing a frozen game. Either way, try disabling the special effects and custom cursor, and if that doesn't work (or you can't get back in), reboot and then try. Good luck.

ThankYouThankYouThankYou, underwriter! I was experiencing the same freezing and "access violation" issues others on this thread had described. I despaired at the time it was going to take to go through the convoluted steps suggested by the BFG honchos and there you were with a quick and easy fix that actually WORKED!
I had not further problems after doing as you suggested.
You're the best! !!

bhewett
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by bhewett on Sep 13, 15 3:24 PM
I see that when the game was released there were a lot of problems and an update to the game but no help for getting the gem from the fireplace. I do NOT want to start the game over just to pick the flower last as some people have suggested, I want the game to work correctly so I don't have to do that. Has anyone found any other solution?

tinyzac
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by tinyzac on Oct 6, 15 5:24 AM
Cannot download game on iPad it keeps stopping so have to begin again have tried at least 5 times over 3days have finally given up.not a happy camper. ???????

Go to: