bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Lost Secrets: Caribbean Explorer Secrets of the Sea

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 1, 09 11:00 PM
In Lost Secrets: Caribbean Explorer, you are the daughter of the infamous Francis Lafitte. Your mortally-injured father, along with your family's fortune, has disappeared! Save your father and locate what is rightfully yours. Your journey begins in Port Royal and will take you to dozens of different locations scattered across pirate-infested waters. Learn the Secrets of the Sea in this exciting Hidden Object game!

Edited on 06/02/2009 at 9:02:15 AM PST

Re:Lost Secrets: Caribbean Explorer Secrets of the Sea - Released on June 10, 2010

[Post New]by jani6567 on Jun 2, 09 6:28 AM
I just played the demo to this game as it was offered under "World Premiers". This was not a good game. It was very hard to see the items on the list to find and they came off as bad as I have ever seen. I didn't play it more than 30 minutes to give it an honest try but it didn't get any better. I certainly wouldn't buy it.

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

Re:Lost Secrets: Caribbean Explorer Secrets of the Sea - Released on June 10, 2010

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Jun 2, 09 7:15 AM
Thanks, Jani6567, for the news. Another one I won't be considering. Why some game producers try to get us blind looking for miniature things? Hide them, but give the player a chance to find them without a magnifying glass!

seguincat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Lost Secrets: Caribbean Explorer Secrets of the Sea

[Post New]by seguincat on Jun 2, 09 9:21 AM
I agree. Objects very hard to see, music was bad, short game with lots of same scenes and mini-games. I usually like **** games, but this one was way to easy

firstmate
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by firstmate on Jun 2, 09 9:44 AM
Did anyone have a problem when they found the item but it wouldn't cross of the list?d

geri_mac
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by geri_mac on Jun 2, 09 10:28 AM
i only lasted 30 mins on this one,the whole thing was very boring,graphics dreadful and i was fed up looking at the johnny depp lookalike,the music was awful,its def one i wont buy

Edited on 06/02/2009 at 10:28:57 AM PST

skygazer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by skygazer on Jun 2, 09 10:58 AM
I agree with the other posters except that:
He's a Johnny Depp wanna-be not lookalike. lol

seawitch98
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by seawitch98 on Jun 3, 09 7:19 AM
Thanks for the info. guess I wont be buying this one, will save my credit for another day.

cathmaree
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by cathmaree on Jun 4, 09 3:19 PM
I have seen a few really poorly done games come out lately. This is a heads up tp Bigfishgames that we know the difference between a well made game and a piece of crap and we will call you on it.

ginnyj
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by ginnyj on Jun 4, 09 4:56 PM
I lasted 19 minutes and had to shut it down. Very boring and hard to find items

[Post New]by kckatbird on Jun 7, 09 6:41 PM
Downloaded from World Premiere. Objects too slow to go when you click. Sometimes needed to double click, sometimes single. Took anywhere from 15 sec to a full minute for it to be removed and sometimes didn't even go. No thanks. After 5 minutes I had it.

hogamefan
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by hogamefan on Jun 9, 09 4:08 AM
Ok, sorry BFG, but when I'm not impressed with a game, I delete the demo and file it in my 'not for me' section of my brain. I usually resist the temptation to express my opinion as not everyone has the same likes and dislikes. However, I really feel strongly about this one, so I'm going to add my opinion to the forum. Firstly, the graphics were poor - blurred and a lot of items obscure. Secondly, as there was no penalty for random clicking, I found myself just clicking on anything without even checking the list for the required items. The mini games were way too boring, and without any penalty for skipping them. I found the 'spot the difference' ones especially tedious, as there wasn't (at least I couldn't see it) any indication of how many differences there were to find. Again, much random clicking occurred, without any sense of achievement when I found them. I understand that in the present climate, games like Return to Ravenhurst are going to be fewer and farther between, but please don't try to get us to spend our money on this sort of rubbish. We gamers are more discerning than that. Sorry, but that's how I feel.

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Jun 9, 09 4:34 AM
Very poor game, wasn't even worth the 15 minute demo I did.

vibtek
Clownfish
Clownfish
539 Posts

[Post New]by vibtek on Sep 15, 09 7:51 PM
Ire, don't you like being a pirate? Looking for all of those clues. Can't help the guy whose leg won't heal. That is what it is all about. besides finding treasure.

Go to: