Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Magic Gate: Faces of Darkness here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 24, 15 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you're using.

Edited on 02/24/2015 at 7:15:12 AM PST

mawhiteing
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Magic Gate: Faces of Darkness here

[Post New]by mawhiteing on Feb 24, 15 8:03 AM
Has anyone else had a problem with the game asking them to change their Graphics driver? the game downloaded just fine but when i pushed play...my screen goes black and I see a message that notifies me that I need to change my screen output to 1680x1050 60mh....My Monitor is already set at that...so now what?

raindear82
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by raindear82 on Feb 24, 15 11:19 AM
mawhiteing wrote:Has anyone else had a problem with the game asking them to change their Graphics driver? the game downloaded just fine but when i pushed play...my screen goes black and I see a message that notifies me that I need to change my screen output to 1680x1050 60mh....My Monitor is already set at that...so now what?

This is exactly my issue. I have no idea how to change game resolution. But from reading the reviews, maybe it's a non-issue.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 24, 15 11:36 AM
Hi everyone,

I was splashing along the pond and came across this thread. I'm so sorry to hear that there is some display issues with this particular game. Definitely doesn't make things fun.

It may be helpful to check out the following help page in regards to the black screen:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Within that help page is also a great resource in regards to the graphics driver mentioned.

I hope this helps!

bfgBellerophon

raindear82
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by raindear82 on Feb 25, 15 2:24 PM
I updated all my drivers just a few days ago, and when I have this issue it totally crashes my machine which means I have to restart it, so trying different configurations in compatibility mode is a pain. I really don't understand why a new computer should be unable to play a new game. I expect to jump through hoops to play older games, but not so much new ones.

susieq12
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by susieq12 on Feb 26, 15 2:31 PM
Is this game dragging? I purchased and it worked fine for awhile now it is dragging.
When I attempt to go from one scene to another it just takes forever.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 26, 15 2:36 PM
Hi raindear82 and susieq12,

I'm so sorry to hear that there seem to be crashing and game dragging issues.

Thank you raindear82 for letting me know what troubleshooting steps you have taken. That is always extremely helpful.

Since it seems like these two issues needs a little more troubleshooting, I recommend to contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They have the tools to help further troubleshoot.

I hope this helps!

bfgBellerophon

catmac1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by catmac1 on Mar 1, 15 8:08 AM
Hi
I am stuck ..the hint button no longer works and the map doesn't either...only feet no !
etc..got as far as the charged sword then could do nothing else...all equipment up to date..have seen this problem posted by another recently...I uninstalled and re-installed..no change..
Please advise
thanks

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 1, 15 8:27 AM
Hi catmac1,

I noticed that there is some trouble with the hint button and map. Thank you for letting me know that all the equipment is up to date on your computer. It may be helpful to check out the following help page:

Run Game as Administrator

If that doesn't help, you can contact our Technical Support Team. They can help to further troubleshoot.

I hope this helps!

bfgBellerophon

sha49tn1
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by sha49tn1 on Mar 8, 15 11:34 PM
susieq12 wrote:Is this game dragging? I purchased and it worked fine for awhile now it is dragging.

It IS dragging. It played fine til about the last hour, then every time I changed scenes, it would freeze for just a minute. I really liked the story, & the game, but the last hour was really frustrating. I could've played that last hour in about 20 min. if it hadn't kept dragging like that.

judyglenning
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by judyglenning on Mar 9, 15 5:13 AM
I've been going nuts with the freeze/dragging screens for about an hour.
Now the hint has stopped working and the map stopped giving help.
Tried reinstalling but it didn't help.
Windows 8,1

I just tried with a different profile name and the game works properly with the new one. No freeze/drag, the hint works, and the map displays info.

Edited on 03/09/2015 at 5:38:32 AM PST

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Mar 12, 15 4:09 PM
I just completed the game and it was dragging sooo bad in the last half that I was gritting my teeth hoping to be able to complete it I did stop and uninstall and rebooted my PC then reinstalled!!! no improvement

When I started to collect the shards I got half way and went to throne room and then went to another room via the map which suddenly showed that all 18 and not the 3 still needed !needed to be re-collected ...

Taking a deep breath I kept collecting until the count in inventory showed that all 18 were accounted for. I went back to the throne room and still holding by breath I clicked on inventory of shards and then the magic mirror frame and they took , Whew !!!

If any of my fellow Fishies have this problem please post so the developers might see it.

Played on Desktop PC running Win. 7 - 64 bit

Edited on 03/12/2015 at 4:10:24 PM PST

Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Giliraz on Mar 14, 15 8:26 PM
susieq12 wrote:Is this game dragging? I purchased and it worked fine for awhile now it is dragging.

my issue as well...

ELadyG1013
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by ELadyG1013 on Mar 15, 15 11:39 AM
I was enjoying this game, but as I neared the ending it started to freeze or drag. It would take almost a minute to get from one place to another,both with the map & the down arrow. I just finally gave up. Guess I won't know the ending.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 15, 15 11:43 AM
Hi everyone,

It sounds like players are experiencing freezing issues. I'm sorry to hear about that. Talk about frustrating.

If you haven't already, please check out the following help page:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you are still seeing these issues, contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They can offer more troubleshooting steps.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by lalubeck on Mar 17, 15 1:04 PM
I'm having this same problem:

Re lease post any TECH ISSUES for Magic Gate: Faces of Darkness here

[Post New]by catmac1 on Mar 1, 15 8:08 AM
Hi
I am stuck ..the hint button no longer works and the map doesn't either...only feet no !
etc..got as far as the charged sword then could do nothing else...all equipment up to date..have seen this problem posted by another recently...I uninstalled and re-installed..no change..
Please advise
thanks

Sandyinuk
Manatee
Manatee
3,577 Posts

[Post New]by Sandyinuk on Apr 9, 15 8:35 AM
There is definite a glitch as I have tried several times now to finish this game but the last piece of mirror is not there, I have been everywhere several times and read the dialogue but no joy, very disappointed

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 9, 15 2:59 PM
Hi lalubeck and Sandyinuk,

I'm so sorry to hear that the hint button isn't working. I like using that feature as well. Talk about frustrating.

To help keep track of as well as report this issue, please contact our Technical Support Team. They can help offer troubleshooting steps to try and get everything up and running.

I hope this helps!

bfgBellerophon

Go to: