Lisaiggy
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Oil Can for Latoya's Cash Register

[Post New]by Lisaiggy on Feb 24, 15 6:48 AM
I having trouble with another mini scene not having the item. Where would be directed to find the oil can to unlock Latoya's Cash Register in the candy store. Any help would be appreciated.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

Re: Oil Can for Latoya's Cash Register

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Feb 24, 15 7:06 AM
Okay, there seems to be a problem with some folks' games. If you are directed in a quest to a place to get Item A and when you get there and play and there is no Item A.

My best suggestion would be to use the arrow keys at the bottom of the quest to go to a different quest and see if by replaying the location you were taken. If you X out of the quest or accept the reward the quest will vanish and you will remain without the item and opening the cash register mini-scene.

If you have the time to wait... I will PM you tonight and try to help but I have to go right now.

Edited on 02/24/2015 at 7:07:12 AM PST

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

Oil Can for Latoya's Cash Register

[Post New]by wulfruna on Feb 24, 15 12:16 PM
Lisaiggy wrote:I having trouble with another mini scene not having the item. Where would be directed to find the oil can to unlock Latoya's Cash Register in the candy store. Any help would be appreciated.
You must have the specific quest to go and find that item (not just a general quest that says that it is one of the three areas to be opened). When you are told to get that actual item, you click on "go" and it takes you to the relevant place. It is no good to go to a place in the hope of finding it until you have the quest - which may appear some time later.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Feb 24, 15 9:18 PM
Okay, I think this is the quest you need. Jillian says fixed the register all you need is oil. Missouri is where it was found. There should be several quests between the one where you get the oil can and use it.... <counting> I have listed seven between getting the oil can and using it.

[Post New]by Murphyla on May 7, 15 3:03 PM
I have this same problem. I "found" the oil can in Missouri but it never appeared at the Candy Store for me to unlock the register Very disappointed...I may have to give up on BigFishGames

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on May 7, 15 3:14 PM
Did you get the quest is the Candy Shop yet?

Lets see you get a quest to get the oil, and there are several other quests between. If you have not already accepted the reward on the getting the oil can leave it be. Just continue playing the other quest to go to Louisiana will come.

Lots of the quests are teases and talk about getting something but they are a dead end and you have to keep playing.

The problem is that when a found item is in a separate quest, there is always a chance since the last update that you will lose the found item.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on May 7, 15 3:19 PM
Murphyla wrote:I have this same problem. I "found" the oil can in Missouri but it never appeared at the Candy Store for me to unlock the register Very disappointed...I may have to give up on BigFishGames

Are you having items to find in the candy store , that you cannot get to? Is that the problem?
If so have you tried going back to MO to get the oil? Is/was the quest checked off and gone? If so how many days/hours ago?

We will need more info to see if we can help. try to be as specific as possible so we can try to help you.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on May 8, 15 5:11 AM
okay Iim not the best note taker but, I just did that quest. Very interesting as I got the oil can, did two other quests(get bolt cutter and hammer) then directed to Candy shop where the oil can was there. used it on the cash register and voila.

I think we need to rethink these "glitch" calls as some are assuming they are when actually its part of the game play. It seems if we put our collective noodle together that when someone says I'm missing X.

The first question from us should be.
Are you seeing items in the scene that are opaque? Answer NO. Then our response should be look down the queue of quests and see if there is a place to use it. What that place is might be unknown to us or them. But certainly in this specific quest there were other quests in between, which to some might indicate the item is gone. Had I gone directly to the Candy shop which I didn't try. The item might have not been there since I had to do two other quests before it. I will try that on a future quest and see if my hypothesis is correct.
If the answer is yes, then Houston we've got a problem! Some how the item has been lost. So far the only one that this has been for sure (I may be wrong, but reading the ongoing posts) have been the gloves. I am only on level 17 in new game, and have yet to experience that series of quests yet.
There have been plenty of quests (16) so far that use a tool of some sort from a different scene. I have yet to loose a one, and have tried deliberately to loose them on several occasions and have not been able to. They have been there after a few quests.
So conclusion, lets wait till we blame a glitch when in actuality its the game and needs to be played to its logical course.
BlueX

hop0409
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by hop0409 on May 20, 15 5:57 PM
I'm really lost on this one. I have the quest that says "Okay, now lets oil LaToya's cash register so I can buy some candy!" and there's a picture of an oil can and it says Oil LaToya's cash register; however, when I go to the candy shop there's no oil can in the corner and there are items that are shadowed out that I can't get.

When I click on the "hint" button, it focuses on the cash register. I now have about six quests in the candy shop and I can't complete any of them because I can't get the register open.

I even tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling the game and still no luck. When I scroll down in my quests there are no other quests that are to get the oil can.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on May 20, 15 6:13 PM
Hold the phone, you uninstalled and re-installed. Go back to where the oil can was originally and get it at that scene. bear with me as I find the clue.
Okay found it I had answered it myself in this very thread!! Good grief my mind is going and fast!
Try going back to the Junkyard, play that scene and see if you can get the oil can there and go back to candy shop and see if its at the left hand top bubble to use. Please LET US KNOW IF that works so we can tell others.

Edited on 05/20/2015 at 6:19:06 PM PST

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on May 20, 15 6:49 PM
Oh, the Candy Shop quests are not that far away from Old Friends, Fresh Memories, when that first quest comes up let it sit, and use the Next button on the quest to get to next one until you have Georgia open at level 32.

I have put the oil can squarely on the point where the chains cross on the cash register as the place to put it.

hop0409
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by hop0409 on May 21, 15 7:33 AM
I just played the junkyard three times and then went into the candy shop to see if the oil can was there and it wasn't

On a completely separate note, but perhaps related, I have a quest to customize the animal lodge. It said the lodge had to be level 5 before you can do that. I upgraded to level 5, and it's a level 5 now, but I'm still getting the message that it can't be customized until it's a level 5.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on May 21, 15 8:36 AM
Okay problem 1. Most disheartening!! I was sure it would have worked. I am assuming my location of the oil can in the Junkyard is correct? Can someone please verify that, that is the correct location for the oil can.
Now Hop, I also lost a tool and WAS able to regain it by doing the uninstall (from the game manager) then downloading the whole game again. When I did that (for the bug zapper in Idaho) the item was there. It took me a while as I was playing the wrong scene and never saw it till I went in there and got it.
I am at a loss as to what to even suggest now as you blew my theory to the wind. Unless someone can add to this, only thing I could say to do is contact BFG tech dept and see if they can help.
Now as far as the animal lodge I also went through it and took forever to fix that dang thing. If I recall it was something different I had to do to that lodge. Its an expansion of the lodge, dang if I can remember now rats!
Its at level 5 now you should be able to upgrade, humm.. I just did that Blue..think... (puts oxygen machine on turbo mode) good grief I can't for the life of me remember what I did I am sorry! Maybe someone else can help with this .. goodness! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If i remember ill come back and answer.

Oh and be very careful now as you are nearing the quest to find the gloves! DO NOT DO THAT QUEST. Dont even go in the candy shop as you will get the gloves and lose them as ATLANTA won't open till level 32.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on May 21, 15 8:37 AM
I know you said this but I want to make sure I am completely right. You have a quest to customize the Animal Lodge and the prerequisite is to have it Upgraded to Level 5. You have it upgraded to level 5 but it is not letting you do the customization.

I am pretty sure someone asked about this a while back. Let me see if I can find the thread. BRB

I am afraid nothing good was found:
Animal Lodge
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/298201.page

I need to create the foundation of the animal lodge (level 4 being discussed)
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/302106.page

Never got any feedback on either. Search is only showing me one page of several so that is not working. All I am sure of it was a more complicated quest than it appeared and it sat undone, on both my games, for a long while.

I will look some more....

Edited on 05/21/2015 at 8:54:15 AM PST

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on May 21, 15 9:00 AM
Something isn't right. What exactly does the quest say and from AKIKO? Can it be you have to enter the lodge and buy a pet?

LOL I see our oddly was here.. hey Odd, what do you think about the BIG issue?

Edited on 05/21/2015 at 9:01:15 AM PST

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on May 21, 15 9:15 AM
Big Issue? Which one? There seem to be a lot of them floating around lately.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on May 21, 15 9:18 AM
Okay found this one... maybe

Can not customize Buildings because NOT level 5

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/374627.page

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on May 21, 15 9:19 AM
I should have been more specific. the issue with her losing the oil can.. read up I have no clue as to what to suggest. If she did the uninstall and reinstall I thought that would have fixed it. it din't.. read up a little about 4 comments up to my post.

Edited on 05/21/2015 at 9:20:01 AM PST

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on May 21, 15 9:46 AM
Oh. This BIG issue.... okay. The problem I am having is that I have in both sets of notes - only have that the oil is found in MO and that it unlocks the register.

BUT with several quests between getting it on Q182 a follow up quest in the Candy Ship Q190 says oil the cash register. Aylen -as soon as the cash register is oiled buy some candy in the glass cabinet. LaToya - sure but lost key, If you have a hammer we could break it, has to be a small hammer to break the glass delicately.

Oil Can top left corner - place on cross point of chains.

Same on second set of notes. Q 164 and Q165 (No I don't know why it change between games) but there is no mention of the blurring between the two quests - oil when the break the glass comes up) Can't tell if it was the same quest find the oil and use it - same time or spread between two quests. Notes are not reliable at this time. So Sorry.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on May 21, 15 9:54 AM
Okay I have gone back to page 40 looking for Animal lodge/shelter and or The Candy Shop - either the titles of the threads or bad or there is nothing in the most recent 40 pages, so someone else can take up the search on page 41.

As an aside, I have not been fin slapped since March 3. I must be doing something wrong.

Go to: