Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by sera65 on Jan 5, 16 2:26 PM
When attempt to activited the game, I receive the code 208 and I am logged out of My Games on Big Fish

sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,206 Posts

[Post New]by sadie700 on Jan 5, 16 7:44 PM
While I realize that there are certainly more pressing matters, I wish someone could fix the Social area that has your friends. Some friends are listed twice, while others are missing. Have to keep coming out of there and go back in to find the friend I want, then the next friend is missing. So aggravating. I read once that it does it if you have 38 or more friends. I have one game with only 16 friends, including Just John, and it even does the same thing on that one. I had never had this trouble until the update and start of the Christmas event. Thank you.

Lilac13
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by Lilac13 on Jan 5, 16 11:52 PM
Has anyone received any help from technical support requests to customer service to fix the extreme slowness brought on by newest update? I'm level 61 and it's now taking twice as long to go thru all the HOS. Every step I take turns into a black screen for up to a minute: enter or exit HOS; enter or exit zoom zone; change islands; go forward or use back key; go to crafting, leave crafting; use "go to" button to get item for crafting; etc. This is intolerable and NO WAY I'm playing Christmas if this continues. My request to tech support got a form letter email which explained all the things to try except I'd already done them (updates to computer, DirectX, video card, etc.) as explained in my request. I've emailed them back twice but still no help. I'd like to play Xmas as I enjoyed Halloween event and had no problems then. Thanks!

IT'S BEEN 4 WEEKS SINCE I POSTED THE ABOVE AND HAD CONTACT W/ TECH SUPPORT AFTER A WAIT OF 10 DAYS WHO DID NOTHING THAT HELPED. WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO FIX THE GAME? IT'S AFFECTING MANY PLAYERS ON WINDOWS XP, 7 AND 8. I WOULD APOLOGIZE FOR SHOUTING BUT IT SEEMS THE ONLY WAY TO BE HEARD. THANKS FOR LISTENING.

Edited on 01/05/2016 at 11:52:37 PM PST

diamondgirlva
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by diamondgirlva on Jan 7, 16 3:10 PM
I have played at least two daily quests and they have not counted...one was a 10 part one and another 3 part...I received gold chests at the end of each quest but my count did not chance on my achievement pages? Can you only do one quest a day or is this a glitch?

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Jan 8, 16 10:14 AM
Diamondgirlva..............sounds like a glitch to me..........better file a CS report.

[Post New]by tvgame on Jan 9, 16 5:45 PM
Lilac13 wrote:Has anyone received any help from technical support requests to customer service to fix the extreme slowness brought on by newest update? I'm level 61 and it's now taking twice as long to go thru all the HOS. Every step I take turns into a black screen for up to a minute: enter or exit HOS; enter or exit zoom zone; change islands; go forward or use back key; go to crafting, leave crafting; use "go to" button to get item for crafting; etc. This is intolerable and NO WAY I'm playing Christmas if this continues. My request to tech support got a form letter email which explained all the things to try except I'd already done them (updates to computer, DirectX, video card, etc.) as explained in my request. I've emailed them back twice but still no help. I'd like to play Xmas as I enjoyed Halloween event and had no problems then. Thanks!

IT'S BEEN 4 WEEKS SINCE I POSTED THE ABOVE AND HAD CONTACT W/ TECH SUPPORT AFTER A WAIT OF 10 DAYS WHO DID NOTHING THAT HELPED. WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO FIX THE GAME? IT'S AFFECTING MANY PLAYERS ON WINDOWS XP, 7 AND 8. I WOULD APOLOGIZE FOR SHOUTING BUT IT SEEMS THE ONLY WAY TO BE HEARD. THANKS FOR LISTENING.

I received a reply from Customer Service on Friday 8th January which contained the following information-

The developers are aware that our PC players have been impacted by lagging or slowness in the game following the December 2nd update.
This is an issue that is actively being investigated and will require an update to resolve.

We do not yet have an estimate for when an update to address this will be available.

So we'll just have to be patient and wait on a fix.

Lilac13
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by Lilac13 on Jan 10, 16 12:07 AM
Thank you tvgame! for letting me know at least someone got an answer. Altho given how fast all other glitches have been fixed in MC, I find it difficult to understand why it's now been over 5 weeks since they knew there was a problem and no change made to fix it. Patience was never one of my virtues but will try to keep the faith it will be fixed. Thanks again!

[Post New]by Fionastanto0 on Jan 10, 16 10:20 AM
Hello,

I was playing Midnight Castle on my Kindle, however as that is slowly dying I have loaded the game onto my surface pro. I can't seem to find away of loading up my existing profile. On he kindle I was signed into facebook and had hoped to do the same with the PC version and therefore transferring the user profile, however I can't seem to find a link to facebook on the PC version. Any suggestions?

mikkkepus
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by mikkkepus on Jan 10, 16 10:44 AM
I have more than one game and the last week I got kicked out of the game during gifting with the message: No response from server. Check your internet connection. Instead of hit quit or retry I chose to hit ctrl + alt + tab and end the process with task manager and this seem to make it so I didn’t lose my progress. Anybody else experienced this?

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Jan 10, 16 11:10 AM
Mikkkepus...........this works? And saves your progress? Will try it next time........just at the end of a 10 parter, finished it and got the gold chest, with 11 minutes to go..........I lost connection.......didn't get it back.........left it for hours........finally had to hit "quit"..........lost my 10 parter.

mikkkepus
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by mikkkepus on Jan 10, 16 11:37 AM
sbaker2318 I think so.

Since this have happened a lot lately I have chosen to get half my gift, get out to save, pop in get some more and so on. I left one gift and picked some flowers to change coins counted that special item, got the last gift and get in to gift, I got to gift one person when the message showed and had only two more to go. Usually when I press OK and the game start over, everything is lost and I get 5 new slots to gift. When I hit ctrl + alt + tab and end the process with task manager, and got back in I only had two more slots and not lost the last gift.

I have only tested it once. but will do the same tomorrow, so I can be sure.
Try it, would be nice if more player's check it out.

Edit
When I hit ctrl + alt + tab and end the process with task manager, I don't loose any coins.

Edited on 01/12/2016 at 1:16:59 AM PST

Jackie34918
Flounder
Flounder
2,054 Posts

[Post New]by Jackie34918 on Jan 10, 16 11:57 AM
Fionastanto0 wrote:Hello,

I was playing Midnight Castle on my Kindle, however as that is slowly dying I have loaded the game onto my surface pro. I can't seem to find away of loading up my existing profile. On he kindle I was signed into facebook and had hoped to do the same with the PC version and therefore transferring the user profile, however I can't seem to find a link to facebook on the PC version. Any suggestions?

Welcome to the forum! You cannot download the android version to the PC as they are not compatible. You will have to start a new game unfortunately.

datsalotta
Clownfish
Clownfish
673 Posts

[Post New]by datsalotta on Jan 10, 16 1:26 PM
datsalotta wrote:MAYBE I HAVE A GLITCH

Here's my new glitch. This one is not just my imagination
There have been more than a few times my Daily Quest does not recognize that I have played dice.
For example - The quest will ask me for 3 plays. I play 2 and the quest only counted that I played once. Unless I have one play as a deuce then I have to wait for the Dice Game to time in.
Today the Quest asked for 3 plays. Luckily one play was a deuce. Otherwise I would have had to spend the diamonds to play a fourth time because the DQ did not recognize/count the 2nd play.

Edited to add: another DQ glitch. The DQ did not count my 2nd go around in the Castle Armory. 1st part of a 5 part quest. Waited the full hour to come back and make the 2nd Armory Quest complete. Was not recognized when I finished !!!

PC Windows 10 - 2 games 383685 and 478373

I think there are others who have similar issues.

datsalotta

ds1624
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by ds1624 on Jan 10, 16 8:51 PM
At level 68, trying to complete the "So Close" items to complete the "Great Book" to unlock something in the library. On the Lord Chamberlain items, #2 of 3 where I have to access Jeronimo tasks, the message says that I can "communicate with him after a future update". I am assuming that this is some kind of glitch, and need some help getting this fixed, as I have been waiting for this "update" for almost 2 weeks now. Playing the PC version on Windows 10 with no problems until now.

Edit:
After looking back through some of the other posts, it seems that I am not the only one with this issue! Come on guys, we are beyond ready for this "update" to happen so we can get back to some regular gameplay!

Edited on 01/10/2016 at 9:00:18 PM PST

[Post New]by lanky46musician on Jan 11, 16 8:56 PM
I keep trying to download MC on my Surface Pro, but after I click on run nothing happens. One time it said I didn't have the right "windows program" and it did something to make it work, but then it said something about not being able to get a connection and I lost it.

Then I got a virus and had to have everything cleaned up. Now I'm back to the point that I can get it to run but it won't give me that little box so I can say "Yes" to get it on my computer.

Going crazy 'cause I can't get into the castle,

DeeJay46

I guess I don't have the Surface Pro, but the Surface 3, with Windows 10.

Edited on 01/11/2016 at 9:00:42 PM PST

Dobiesrus
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Dobiesrus on Jan 12, 16 10:04 AM
Just had another issue with the game table stealing one of the 3 tries. I rolled the dice three times, won 1 and lost two. Frustrating, particularly as I'm trying for a 10 part daily quest and now I won't be able to complete it without spending more diamonds as it shows only 2 of the required 3. Bummer!

[Post New]by lanky46musician on Jan 12, 16 11:32 AM
Dobiesrus,

Did you wait until it said "you win" or "you loose" before you got out? That's what gets most of us.

DeeJay46

Dobiesrus
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Dobiesrus on Jan 12, 16 11:50 AM
I think I did. I remember seeing the graphic slide over to the winning side. Maybe I was too quick to exit though. Thanks for the reminder to wait a sec.

mlc311
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by mlc311 on Jan 12, 16 6:34 PM
Anybody else have an invisible airship? I can't get the tower to show when a new ship is coming and when a ship is there it is invisible. Tells me what I need to load, leaves gifts, and I guess it vanishes into the darkness. Never had this problem till my game just reset for the new day. (I've also lost all the horrible weeds in the castle!!!) Just when I'm about to swing my mighty blade.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jan 14, 16 3:52 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to post the various issues that you're experiencing here.

To start, I see that many of you are experiencing connectivity issues. I understand that a number of you have already tried recommended troubleshooting steps. In case you haven't tried those steps, I've included the following help articles for your convenience:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Windows 10
Unable to Connect Error Message
Errors 203, 206, and 208

Some of issues here, especially those related to connectivity, can be difficult to reproduce, and will therefore take time to resolve. However, it helps to be able to monitor those issues in the designated threads. In addition, we do encourage everyone to contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report as well as your Midnight Castle ID. The ID can be found by following the steps in this help article:

Finding Your In-Game ID (Free to Play Games

Thank you all for your patience,

bfgWaimea

Go to: