Get Rid of the Crows

girlwonder
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

Get Rid of the Crows

[Post New]by girlwonder on Jun 2, 09 4:42 PM
I am really disappointed that there is no work-around for the Crows puzzle. I have tried to solve this so many times that I give up. My old arthritic fingers can't go fast enough. I have tried all the pictures offered on this web-sight and others, but just can't do it.

Why didn't they make this puzzle so as you could lengthen the time or just give up and go on? What a shame I can't finish the game. Didn't have a bit of trouble until I got to this puzzle. No where on the box did it say "timed puzzles."

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

Re:Get Rid of the Crows

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Jun 2, 09 5:01 PM
Girlwonder, I'm with you. I am stuck exactly at the same spot you are, with those odious crows. I have been trying this on and off and can't get the crows on time. I also feel cheated this game does not say anywhere that at some point there will be a timed puzzle. That is not fair. So, next time a Nancy Drew game comes along, pls forget about me spending my money on it.

[Post New]by cjtrapa5 on Jun 21, 09 2:58 PM
I ALSO AM STUCK ON THIS PART OF THE GAME NO MATTER HOW FAST I TRY TO GO I ALWAYS TIME OUT. IT SEEMS IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND ALL THE REQUIRED ITEMS, I WISH I COULD JUST GO PAST THIS. I HAVE PLAYED AND TRIED FOR MANY HOURS AND THIS GAME IS TURNING INTO A NIGHTMARE. MY ADVICE IS NOT TO BUY IT!!!!!!!

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Aug 18, 09 9:27 AM
I agree with all of you. I even tried printing the scene and marking the bird colors etc. and nothing. I had absolutely no problem with the game until I reached this puzzle. I have tried over and over to complete and move on. I am disappointed, because there is no skip, and I can not go any farther to finish the game. I am really sorry that a game that was really enjoyable has ended in an incomplete. I probably will not frustrate myself anymore trying to solve this puzzle.

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Aug 18, 09 9:31 AM
It took me a gazillion tried before I got through that horrid part. I guess I just got lucky. When you least expect it, you'll do it.

danajoy
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by danajoy on Sep 6, 09 12:51 PM
At first I didn't see the timer at the bottom and kept wondering why I couldn't get ahead. Then I saw that I would get to 3 crows and the time would be up. My husband said to "toss the game". Around 20 times later, I made note of where the blue things were to match the blue tags on the crows because basically, there's not enough blue to go around. There's no excuse to make (what is supposed to be a "game") so ridiculously frustrating.

glb613
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by glb613 on Sep 18, 09 5:38 PM
I'm about ready to give up and move on to another game. I've had the same problem with other Nancy Drew games and failed to finish 2 because there was no "skip" feature.

Edit:

I found a walkthrough, printed out the screenshot showing the crows and their matches and finally got past them. What a pain.

Edited on 10/03/2009 at 2:37:53 PM PST

eres_
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by eres_ on Sep 20, 09 1:42 PM
i too am stuck in the same location. i am a cancer survivor. my doc told me to do puzzles to keep my mind stimulated, but this is just a big disappoitment. i cannot do it!!! i did love this game, until now.

[Post New]by lovelucyloo on Dec 13, 09 1:13 PM
I'm am,at my wits end with the crow puzzle. I have been trying for weeks and I am just going to delete it out of my computer. Not worth the time and frustration.

[Post New]by softaill on Jan 21, 10 2:38 PM
go to [Gamezebo] they have a photo

Edited on 02/01/2010 at 10:32:31 AM PST

[Post New]by cookiechu2 on Jan 22, 10 9:33 PM
I got it!! It took a bit of patience! Felt great though! Guess frustration is all part of it! Keep on keepin on!

[Post New]by britchic6 on Jan 31, 10 2:26 PM
i too am stuck on this part of the game tried many many times and always get timed out very stressful - is there no skip on this section so i can finish the game - had no trouble before this crows section - HELP

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Feb 6, 10 5:56 AM
Oh noes,I will be stuck here for certain! Will just have to get my son to solve that part.

[Post New]by 1gerald1 on Jul 24, 10 1:20 PM
With this many complaints about the crow feature I believe that game fish should give us the choice of picking another game that will challenge us without frustrating us to wits end. cmon game fish let us have a replacement game. Gerald Rupe avid player but very frustrated at the moment.

[Post New]by ladyfiera on Mar 27, 11 3:13 PM
I got stuck there too, believe me I wanted to trash the computer but after five times, i got through, you have to match the colors of the objects laying around the yard to the color coded tag on the crows foot, example like the silver wrench you click on the silver colored tag on the crow, but as fast as you can if not your times runs out alsothe red apple to the red crow, etc, once you get the chance of finding the objects and know where they are you will remember them and get it done it faster. at first it was so dark i had no idea what i had to do, the screen was to dark and i couldnt read anything, but i guessed it after the second try.

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Aug 28, 11 9:15 AM
I am very pleased that I only paid $2.99 for this game as it is impossible for me to match the crows. My hands get far too stiff & painful to move at any speed with a mouse even with a picture from a walkthrough it is impossible in such a short time

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Aug 28, 11 6:22 PM
Oh well for 2.99 plus tax, I learned a valuable lesson. no more Nancy Drew and read all of the messages on the site before buying a game. 50 years ago I might have been fast enough, but not today.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Aug 29, 11 6:42 AM
This may only be helpful for those without arthritic hands. I printed out the screenshot which I got at other site walkthrough. It circles all the different colours, so you can see where the red items are for the red crows and so on. It not only shows what colour each crow is, but where all the different coloured items are that you need to match them with.

I got it the 2nd time through using the photo, and in all, did this puzzle about 6 times. I don't have much patience so wouldn't have been able to do it without the print out of the photo. Plus doing it a few times, so I knew where things were.

They should have given a skip to this puzzle.

Edited on 08/29/2011 at 6:44:31 AM PST

shasha2966
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by shasha2966 on Aug 29, 11 7:45 PM
The crows drove me crazy also. I finally got past them but it was hard. I won't purchase another Nancy Drew game again. Not worth the frustration.
With the crows I found all the items first then I tried to match them with the crows. It took me about 15 times before I could remember where things were. I did it.

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Aug 30, 11 3:00 AM
YES! I hate timed games, and not being able to skip...well I wouldn't have bought it. I did make it through the crows, by figuring out the objects first like shasha mentioned. It wasn't fun and the cats probably learned a few new words, LOL! I hate timed games, and I agree, either warn us or let us skip. Oh forget that, let us skip.

Go to: