can't even get into game

[Post New]by boozerca on Jun 2, 09 6:10 PM
I have uninstalled this game and reinstalled twice. I have downloaded and upgraded DirectX. I get to the screen where it asks your name and then goes back to My Games. I can't play this game. I have Vista (piece of CRAP operating systme!!!) Can anyone help me?

Re:can't even get into game

[Post New]by vhudson56 on Jun 2, 09 7:20 PM
I'm having the exact same problem only I have XP so it can't be your vista...

glb613
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by glb613 on Jun 3, 09 3:31 AM
I'm having the same problem. The games locks up my computer and I have to use the power button to shutdown. I've contacted tech support but haven't received a reply. The same thing happened with one of the Sherlock Holmes games and I ended up getting a credit.

jlharshbarger
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by jlharshbarger on Jun 3, 09 3:55 AM
Thank you guys i just downloaded this game and i'm going right in there and uninstalling it. And i'm going to watch that Sherlock Holmes too. Your blogs have helped so much, but i'm sorry if your computers have suffered any lasting damage. Thank you so much though, hope you hear of a fix.

pfalcioni
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by pfalcioni on Jun 9, 09 2:25 PM
Computer lockups and crashes never cause 'lasting damage' to a computer.

In most cases, problems like this are caused by an old video card or a video card in need of an update.

If you play on a laptop, many laptop vid cards are not up to the task of some of the games offered on Big Fish.

But - the only way to know if your system will handle a particular game is to download and play it.

I play on an older laptop with a crummy vid card that's not updateable, and yes, this game went to BSOD (blue screen of death) and crashed the system. No biggie (except that I liked the game and would have purchased it), I just uninstalled the game.

If it crashes, then simply remove the game and go on to another. You will NEVER do damage to your computer with ANY game sold here. NEVER.

Edited on 06/09/2009 at 2:28:10 PM PST

ADTech
Herring
Herring
374 Posts

[Post New]by ADTech on Jun 9, 09 4:48 PM
I finished the game using Vista and encountered no problems. This was a great game so I hope you solve your problems and get a chance to play it. I agree with your comments on Vista, you just never know what kind of problems you might get. Never have any problems my good old reliable XP system. So much for progress. Happy Gaming and do not give up on your problem as this was one of the best games I have played.

Go to: