aim4stars
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

Elvira Gifts

[Post New]by aim4stars on Feb 26, 15 7:12 AM
I learned that if you receive a gift or several gifts from Elvira it is because a neighbor gifted, then deleted you. Does the Elvira avatar never gift?
I got a couple of nice gifts recently buy lost no one. I keep exactly 100 neighbors at all times and no one has left....

Re:Elvira Gifts

[Post New]by Librarian2003 on Feb 26, 15 8:02 AM
Like you, my understanding is that Elvira gifts are those left by someone who has deleted you. A couple of days ago, I got an Elvira gift, and couldn't identify anyone who had left. Maybe there's a glitch?

love_doxies
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by love_doxies on Feb 26, 15 8:21 AM
If one of your neighbors gifted you today, for example, then you deleted them before accepting your gifts, the gifts(s) that deleted neighbor sent would show up as "Elvira gifts".

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Feb 26, 15 8:28 AM
I have played for over 15 months and that's my understanding to doxie. I have 97 neighbors and would never notice if someone left. Not unless it's a player I have had for months, then I would notice.
You are also correct Librarian.

Edited on 02/26/2015 at 8:31:41 AM PST

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Feb 26, 15 1:49 PM
I always thought that Elivra gifts came from players who left the game but didn't empty their backpacks in advance. I believe it is a passive action - not one where you are specifically deleted, since they just leave.

There is a thread called "Elvira" that tries to explain it with a concrete example.

Edited on 02/26/2015 at 1:57:22 PM PST

jelleyanddogs
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by jelleyanddogs on Feb 26, 15 4:36 PM
OMG! if i wasn't confused before i am now. This is the first time i've heard about Elvira's gifts although i have received gifts from her before. I just thought they were early Xmas gifts and it happened to everybody or for reaching a certain level in the game (i guess because i was new to the game i didn't look the gift horse in the mouth) There were approx. 50 of them and most of them i couldn't open. So i didn't question why i just took them and ran This is where the confusing part comes in. Many of you have used the word "deleted". Are you saying these gifts come from some one who is leaving the game permanently and therefore no longer exist in the game of ROM or are they still playing but have deleted you personally? I'm assuming it's not the latter as we all delete people from time to time (sleepers, non-gifters, etc.). So it makes no sense that they should be rewarded with some of my items. What i'm trying to say is the use of the word "delete" is a bit scary because it seems to imply that the person is still playing but has deleted you and whom ever else for negative reasons. The way i'm understanding it now is the person has left altogether and no longer exists in the game therefore as some one said they were "morphed" into Elvira (this makes sense to me but the word delete scares the "heebie jeebies" out of me) I am so pleased that someone has mentioned this as to this day i had no idea why but now in hindsight i can recall who it was that left and it was on good terms. Again that is why the deleting word worried me but now i can comfortably say they came from a great person and neighbour. But am i correct in the way i have explained it?
All of this brings several questions to mind. What happens to assembled artifacts such as Wish Masters, etc.? Since i know you can't gift a Wish Master, does Elvira disassemble and distribute the components or do the artifacts disappear never to be seen again? (that would be such a waste). Am i right to assume that they are all BP items? And what about runes etc.? Personally i never thought about it until now but since finding this out i feel like a giant abyss has opened so if some one can help me better understand it it would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for being so long winded. I'm just a bit "dazed and confused"

Edited on 02/26/2015 at 4:42:17 PM PST

Crow12000
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by Crow12000 on Feb 26, 15 5:23 PM
Jelley,

the game (Elvira) doesn't do anything or send anything. Say I decided to leave the game I as a player would have to go through my BP and send each and every item out as gifts to my neighbors. Then I would delete all neighbors from my hood.

Any gifts that are still in your inbox when I deleted you would stop showing my icon and revert to Elvira.

Any item that I had that could not be gifted would just live forever in my old account. Now say I decided to come back after a few months away. All my items would still be in my account and I could pick back up where I left off having to get new neighbors and rebuild my backpack items.

Now if a neighbor sent you a gift and either then deleted you from their hood or you deleted them, the gift would appear to come from Elvira.

The game never sends anyone anything via gifting. So those 50 gifts you got must have come from someone leaving the game and gifting out their BP to neighbors.

Hope that helps.

saturnina100
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

[Post New]by saturnina100 on Feb 26, 15 5:46 PM
jelleyanddogs,

Scenario 1:
someone has decided to leave the game permanently, so they empty their backpack and gift everything away; then they delete all their neighbours.
If you accept their gifts BEFORE they delete you, those gifts will be from your neighbour. If you accept the gifts AFTER they delete you, the name of your neighbour sending the gifts changes automatically to Elvira.
(By "everything" i mean artifacts components but the same principle applies to free gifts).

It's worth noting that when someone leaves the game, it is only a case of that person simply not playing anymore - in this game there is no actual way to delete your own avatar, basically your avatar will still exist in the game's database whether you play or not.
I know games can be programmed so that if a player stays idle for a long long time, the game will eventually delete that player automatically, at a certain pre-set point in time, for example after 12 months of complete inactivity. I dont know if this game is like that, though!

Scenario 2:
someone deletes you for whatever other reason, but will continue to play the game: the same as above happens.

Scenario 3:
You gift someone and you have a gift from them in your gift box. You delete them. After that, their gift will no longer be from your neighbour name, it will be from Elvira.

I think the assembled artifacts just stay where they are,as they cant be gifted, and everything else you have in your backpack also just stays there.

Edited on 02/26/2015 at 6:14:14 PM PST

jelleyanddogs
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by jelleyanddogs on Feb 27, 15 4:30 AM
Thanks to everyone. I always questioned what Elvira's role was in the game and now i understand. You all have a great day. Cheers

tramserran
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by tramserran on Feb 28, 15 1:16 AM
I received a gift from Elvira and it did not pertain to any of the scenarios that saturnina100 described. I did not lose any neighbors or gain any neighbors and am 100% positive about that.
However, I did purchase the VIP account for 7 days using 25 gems and received the Elvira gift about 24 hours later. Is it possible that I was sent an Elvira gift for purchasing the VIP account for the first time?

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Feb 28, 15 11:30 AM
tramserran wrote:I received a gift from Elvira and it did not pertain to any of the scenarios that saturnina100 described. I did not lose any neighbors or gain any neighbors and am 100% positive about that.
However, I did purchase the VIP account for 7 days using 25 gems and received the Elvira gift about 24 hours later. Is it possible that I was sent an Elvira gift for purchasing the VIP account for the first time?

No, Elvira comes only when a neighbor is no longer there.the neighbor probably deleted you before you were aware you two were in the same neighborhood, that's all. It happens.

Go to: