salsaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

Regret buying this game

[Post New]by salsaz on Feb 27, 15 12:27 AM
Way too hard, have to replay each game up to 10 times to progress. Sooooooo boring! Waste of money.

Edited on 02/27/2015 at 12:29:49 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Regret buying this game

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 27, 15 2:33 AM
This could have been a great game, but the devs made it just too difficult to get enough stars on a level to advance to the next one.

I also really would like to hear about the timed hand I played so far, and whether there are more of them in the game.

This game is exhausting, and while I am waiting for an answer (which will most likely never come), I am going to replay "Regency Solitaire", which is a beautiful game, has enough challenges to keep me from getting bored, but is not OTT challenging, has no timed hands, and has a lovely story to boot, as well as wallpaper. What more do I want?

Edited on 02/27/2015 at 2:34:12 AM PST

salsaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by salsaz on Feb 27, 15 12:17 PM
I agree totally Valdy

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

Regret buying this game

[Post New]by minesita on Feb 27, 15 4:48 PM
salsaz wrote:Way too hard, have to replay each game up to 10 times to progress. Sooooooo boring! Waste of money.

I agree completely salsaz !!!

girlwonder
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by girlwonder on Mar 1, 15 8:41 AM
What were the dev's trying to achieve with this game? I am lacking 4 stars to advance to next level and have replayed each one about 10 times and cannot advance. From what I read on this forum, I am not alone.

I don't want my games to be so easy they are boring, but to be a game that you just have to quit, delete and move on.....what is the purpose.

Dev's, did it ever occur to you that just perhaps not all of us are as adept at playing games as you and being as we are your bread and butter, couldn't you have put in a skip, say after 10 tries, so we could move on and finish the game we so graciously purchased?

Totally a waste of time and money to purchase a game, struggle to get to next level just to get to an impassable point. In thinking long and hard, this is the first game I ever bought that there wasn't a way to get past a certain point that seemed you couldn't. There has always been a way out, but not with this game. I will certainly remember your name for future purchases.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Mar 1, 15 2:24 PM
That is my question too to the Developers.

One thing is to make a challenging game, and another an impossible one.

Not only have you placed a timed stage (clear 120 cards in 60 seconds) without warning or help, but also you can't advance until you get all of them with 3 stars. It is a level where you need to do 800 points, impossible to make the 3 stars, you are lucky if you can pass it with one star.
And how you can have 800 coins if you can't have all the required stars???

And the same as girlwonder, I will remember the Devs name and never buy any of their future games.

And I'll also be contacting CS for a refund.

Edited on 03/08/2015 at 9:20:19 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 1, 15 5:59 PM
What really annoys me is that we have not heard from either the developers - and we know they can pop in here and talk to us - nor have we heard a peep out of the moderators.

This is an impossible game to advance to the next levels. We are getting far too few coins and have to pay far too much money for a joker or a reshuffle.

And why do we only get 2 open cards from the deck in the beginning, and all the hands later on only use 1 card to play with?

That's why I think this was designed to be a F2P game, where, as with the F2P game Emerald Solitaire: Endless Journey, it is impossible to advance unless you buy things with real money.

In future, I will not rush into purchasing any more games from this developer, if they can't even be bothered to come here and talk to us.

kcobb0419
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by kcobb0419 on Mar 13, 15 7:14 PM
I understand your frustration! I felt the same way, HOWEVER, I paid more attention to how the points add up and it really makes a difference how you make your matches. Please see my post in the "Don't understand the scoring" thread.

I had a heck of a time advancing then when I figured out that you get bonuses for successive red matches and successive black matches it made a huge difference.

Don't give up yet - give it another chance!

hellfern
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by hellfern on Mar 23, 15 8:27 AM
Very hard to clear all hands without power-ups. Also, very hard to earn enough money to purchase them. Very frustrating. Poor design. Sorry, I bought it. Started over even to accumulate some money.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 23, 15 1:13 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm so sorry to hear that there is some disappointment in this particular game. Definitely doesn't make things fun.

Thank you everyone for your feedback and suggestions. We've passed along the information to the appropriate team.

We do suggest to play the trial versions in order to get a feel for the game. I've generally made my decisions to purchase a game with the experience of the trial versions.

I hope this helps!

bfgBellerophon

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 23, 15 6:29 PM
Bellerophon, I am sure that we all gave the demo of this game a go. The thing is, the demo gives no indication that there will be timed hands to play later on. All levels are locked, and only the one you are playing is open. So you can't see what is coming to you.

Also, as with all games, this one starts easy enough. An hour gameplay won't tell you anything of the problems we are having in the later levels.

hellfern
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by hellfern on Mar 24, 15 7:42 AM
I agree. The trials are usually useless and once you buy the game the problems appear!

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Mar 24, 15 1:33 PM
I agree with everyone. I'm on Level 21 and in order to try and advance, I have to get more stars. Every hand I play is dead with no stars so I have been stuck for a week on this level. It's rare to see a star award so you have to keep playing over and over and over to just get one!

The Devs made this WAY too hard. It's no fun.

Ferretjenny
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by Ferretjenny on Apr 14, 15 11:33 AM
I agree with everyone here! This is sick poorly done because there seem to be many who complain that the game can not cope! I hope those who created this game makes over and do it right! This hard, no one can, not even you yourselves who made the game!

meme2222
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by meme2222 on Sep 23, 15 5:42 PM
I agree that this game Solitaire Perfect Match is not fit to be called a game. I think Big Fish should demand that the developers update the STORE AREA in the game so we can purchase jokers, shuffles, undo's for a lot less coins. The way the layout in the game is with hardly giving ANY matches that you can make and only turning over one card at a time we would need a pack of 20 jokers for 10 coins NOT 10 jokers for 200 coins!!! And put in more ways to earn coins if you have to redo levels. You should get coins every time you replay a level. I am so mad I cannot finish this game because I don't have enough stars earned and can't get help with the power ups cause I don't have any coins. What kind of game is this??? Only the games early in the game seem to be doable that's how I was fooled also into buying this game. GARBAGE is what it is. And I think Big Fish needs to rectify this problem or stop selling this on their site. At the least, the developers can unlock all the levels they promised us in this game.

Go to: