Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Sea of Lies: Burning Coast here!

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 27, 15 12:40 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 02/27/2015 at 5:53:05 AM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Sea of Lies: Burning Coast here!

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Feb 27, 15 5:53 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Sea of Lies: Burning Coast here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Sea of Lies: Burning Coast.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgLianorm

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

Re: Please post your REVIEWS for Sea of Lies: Burning Coast here!

[Post New]by roaming on Feb 28, 15 1:06 PM
After finishing the demo (in 58 minutes), everything in this game seems to be up to the usual EIPIX quality -- exceptional graphic art, voiceovers that don't make you cringe, and music that can be turned up or down. I didn't notice the music, so I guess it was okay.

THE GOOD:

*Locking inventory bar
*Custom difficulty settings
*Ability to reduce wait time for hint and skip buttons to 10 seconds
*There is a click penalty in the HOGs, but it can be adjusted for difficulty or turned off completely.
*There is a transporting map. I didn't find a journal.
*HOGs are list, silhouette and progressive, and objects are easy to find
*A match 3 game may be played in lieu of HOGs

THE NOT-SO-GOOD:

The story didn't immediately grab me and draw me in, but I can't exactly say why. I'll put it in my maybe list and wait to read some other reviews of the full game before I make up my mind about whether to purchase or not.

Edited on 02/28/2015 at 1:18:23 PM PST

Kathilisa
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by Kathilisa on Mar 5, 15 9:06 AM
I enjoyed sea of Lies: Nemesis, but this one didn't grab me. Yes it has all the good things roaming mentioned, but like roaming, the story didn't intrugue me

and is it just me, or are new games designed more for smartphones or ipads, so that on a large desktop monitor, the HOG scenes are ridiculously easy, and the graphics are reverting to simpler outlines?

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by Radgame on Mar 28, 15 6:36 PM
Based on completed game:

Shoulda-coulda-woulda.....I shoulda listened to my first impressions playing the CE demo = Boring. I coulda read more CE reviews = Regret. I woulda saved = PCC, time and expectations. What a disappointment esp. from these Devs.!

The story didn't draw me in at all. Assuming it would pick up post-demo, I dove right in. Ok, in parts (very few), it's decent - all HOPs and a few mini-games were good. Clear graphics and fantastic detailing makes for visual brilliance.

But, a weak story, confusing/ poor instructions on some mini-games, some illogical steps/ use of inventory items......all that focus on graphics = ran out of steam for game play. The other games in the series are way better.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Aug 20, 15 6:49 PM
Sorry to be a downer, perhaps it was my mood because of the Summer heat and changing over to Win. 10 .

I have played 2 of the Sea of Lies (both CE's) and gave them both a high 5 and have one more on the backburner (also a CE) but this on was only an ok game for me and I'm glad it was a SE & not a CE.

I had no problems with the tech side and as usual the graphics and scenery were alright but the storyline just did not pull me in The Developer usually puts more into their storylines

So I'm only giving this one a & 1/2

Played on desktop PC running Win. 10 with no problems.

Edited on 08/20/2015 at 6:50:04 PM PST

Go to: