catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

CE or SE?

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Feb 27, 15 2:25 AM
That post again!
Which one did you pick and why? What would you recommend to others?

I'm not buying this, but the SE is the way to go. Here's my excerpt:

"I'm not going to buy this, but if I were going to, I would pick the SE. The CE does not have much interesting content for me."

Fishpole
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

Re:CE or SE?

[Post New]by Fishpole on Feb 27, 15 6:03 AM
I bought the CE.....mainly because with this Developer I like to have the SG handy.

I have all their other 'Sea of Lies' games....which I have enjoyed and they all CE's.

If you don't want to pay full price for a CE....wait for a sale.

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by Radgame on Feb 27, 15 8:14 AM
I'm getting the SE as the extras (even on sale price) didn't feel worth it. Overall, this game (CE demo) didn't draw me in. Don't know why even though I like many EIPIX games. They also never shortchange SE-buyers w/ abrupt endings, etc.

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Feb 27, 15 9:42 AM
I gave the CE version a so-so review, but because of a sale I actually bought the CE. ("Steve, you're a hypocrite!" Yes, guilty )

While I have not finished the main game yet, I have to say that the collectible globes are terribly easy to find, so there's not much added value based on those.

I've used the SG a couple times only because the use of items is sometimes strange and illogical.

In either version, the story does not change much later on. It's pretty much a continuation of what you did in the trial. So that was a little disappointing.

In sum: I think the SE is the better value even with a sale.

Edited on 02/27/2015 at 9:44:01 AM PST

Go to: