Why Is It.......?

Fishpole
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

Why Is It.......?

[Post New]by Fishpole on Feb 27, 15 4:10 AM
I have been playing this game since December of 2013....and have gone through quite a few 'updates' (?)......lock-outs....and all the rest of the fun!

In the beginning we came to the 'Forum' to discuss our problems with the game and how it could be improved upon......somehow we managed to get them to change the 'Bow Figurine'....'Six-Paw' Quest......which really was a dilly!

NOW it seems with each 'new' update....rather than finding the good in it....a certain contingent only sees what is wrong.

We asked for changes to the 'Social Page'....so you weren't just accepting everything without knowing who it came from......DONE.....but people aren't happy with this way of getting 'gifts'.....because they have to keep track of what they have....boo hoo!

And is it really so hard to turn your 'Friends' card over to see what he/she wants?

As far as 'Crafting for Coin' and the changes that have been made for some of the Inventory Items.....that has always been a slippery slope.....and if the Developers have seen fit to close some loop holes.....so be it!

THIS game is a HOS.....and a beautifully crafted one at that! If you play it as such.....accumulating as many coins and 'Inventory' as you go on your way....you will find that the game is not as difficult as it is made out to be. There are 'many' threads posted by long time players giving excellent advice on how to progress through those more difficult times.

This game is NOT meant to be finished in a day...or a week or even a month.

It must be very discouraging for the Developers to put forth this effort only to have it met with such disapproval. It can't be easy to keep a game going year after year with fresh content and meeting the standards of todays players.

AND all for FREE!

I know it's discouraging for me to come here and read some of these posts.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:Why Is It.......?

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Feb 27, 15 4:59 AM
Thank you for your post.

I'm very happy with the new social page. The changes mean that it loads much more quickly. No more waiting for it to load, or wondering IF it would load.

I love how you can see who sent you a gift BEFORE you even open it. And maybe putting the incoming mail on a separate page is laying the groundwork for in-game messaging.

Right now it feels awkward to use because it's a change from what we are used to. It will take time to feel comfortable. It will take longer for those who are determined to dislike the new page.

From the first day it was introduced, it had been obvious that the requirements for crafting the Steam Mechanism were wrong. That the devs had used the elements from the tiara of rapacious age and the single coin and single blue stamp as place holders, and then forgot to go back and put in the real requirements.

I'm amazed that it took as long as it did for them to correct their glaring error. Did I exploit their mistake? You betcha. It was the exception to my Thou shalt not craft for coins commandment.

But the mistake has been corrected. It's not the end of the world. I'll advance more slowly. That's also not the end of the world.

Fishpole
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Fishpole on Feb 27, 15 5:45 AM
I think we all 'exploited' the mistake (?) on the 'Steam Mechanism'......TiramaSue....unless we were completely asleep at the switch or dead!

But just because they gave us that little 'treat' for awhile doesn't mean that it has to go on forever. (Wish it did.....but....?).......lol.......

Change is always awkward.....SO....I don't know why some players find it so difficult that they see nothing good in the game.....and just come here to gripe about all that hasn't been done!

Obviously from the 'Thousands' (?) of players that are playing this game....the Developers are doing something right.

And if 'We' can't support them....then I say.....for shame!

The negativity in the Forum does keep players away......If all you're reading is the same old complaints over and over again.....who needs that?

gadget23mom
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by gadget23mom on Feb 27, 15 6:13 AM
Don't forget that the developers also learn from their mistakes and when they read about the negative they learn from that as well as the positive. If there were no negative feedback, then how would they know what to improve upon?

Gemmam77
Clownfish
Clownfish
511 Posts

[Post New]by Gemmam77 on Feb 27, 15 6:57 AM
Is the Steam mechanism the only crafted item to have its resale value adjusted in this latest update or are there more?

shari715
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by shari715 on Feb 27, 15 7:42 AM
thank you fishpole. you said it all for me. I love reading the forum but I am getting very tired of all the carping. I think the devs are trying very hard to keep us happy.i am sure for them it is like eating an elephant(no pun intended) ONE BITE AT A TIME.

Shirleygames
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by Shirleygames on Feb 27, 15 9:10 AM
fishpole Thanks for expressing my sentiments exactly.

I like the new social page and not sure why someone said they couldn't tell who had sent the gift as it clearly stated who sent it.

napoeon
Catfish
Catfish
1,565 Posts

[Post New]by napoeon on Feb 27, 15 9:22 AM
Gemmam77 wrote:Is the Steam mechanism the only crafted item to have its resale value adjusted in this latest update or are there more?

apollogold said at thread "Up-Dated Crafting List" that checked the prices and everything is correct. The only one that changed was the STEAM MECHANISM.
Also added the new crafting cost so the list is up-dated.

Bethany68
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by Bethany68 on Feb 27, 15 11:17 AM
gadget23mom wrote:Don't forget that the developers also learn from their mistakes and when they read about the negative they learn from that as well as the positive. If there were no negative feedback, then how would they know what to improve upon?

I agree with you gadgetmom.
Without constructive criticism, the game would not be the game we are playing today.
Many positive changes have come about because of people expressing their opinions about something they would like to see changed to help game play run more smoothly.

And for a lot of us, this game is no longer free.
We have spent real money on it and would continue to do so if we wanted to.
I have spent quite a bit in the beginning on crystals alone.

That being said, their is no room for rude or ungrateful comments.
This is a wonderful game and I know that most of us really enjoy playing it.
It's beautifully put together and will give us endless hours of continual fun!

And the devs cannot possibly make all of the changes that are asked of them.
After all, we have to have some challenge, otherwise the game would become tedious and boring.

Just my 2 cents.
~ Bethany ~

Vstromval
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by Vstromval on Feb 27, 15 11:23 AM
What changes to the social page? Mine hasn't changed since I started playing last September? Is there another upgrade that hasn't reached ios yet?

Bethany68
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by Bethany68 on Feb 27, 15 11:25 AM
Vstromval wrote:What changes to the social page? Mine hasn't changed since I started playing last September? Is there another upgrade that hasn't reached ios yet?

This was an update for pc.
But on the Facebook page, they mentioned there is going to be updates for other devices coming soon.

~ Bethany ~

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Feb 27, 15 11:47 AM
Bethany68 wrote:
gadget23mom wrote:Don't forget that the developers also learn from their mistakes and when they read about the negative they learn from that as well as the positive. If there were no negative feedback, then how would they know what to improve upon?

I agree with you gadgetmom.
Without constructive criticism, the game would not be the game we are playing today.
Many positive changes have come about because of people expressing their opinions about something they would like to see changed to help game play run more smoothly.

And for a lot of us, this game is no longer free.
We have spent real money on it and would continue to do so if we wanted to.
I have spent quite a bit in the beginning on crystals alone.

That being said, their is no room for rude or ungrateful comments.
This is a wonderful game and I know that most of us really enjoy playing it.
It's beautifully put together and will give us endless hours of continual fun!

And the devs cannot possibly make all of the changes that are asked of them.
After all, we have to have some challenge, otherwise the game would become tedious and boring.

Just my 2 cents.
~ Bethany ~

Constructive criticism is good, but, IMO, much of the criticism that appears over and over and over again isn't constructive. It's more along the lines of "How many times do we have to ask for (fill in the blank)?"

And what is usually asked for is a quicker way to advance as "Give us more stamps" "Give us more pet food" "Increase the amount of coins we get for doing a hidden object scene" "Why does it cost so much to craft things?" "Stop asking us to find 3 of everything" "Let us choose what we get from each hidden object scene" etc etc etc

People are looking for instant gratification. But to what purpose? So they can finish an update in an hour and then spend a month asking when's the next update? So they can spend time stockpiling?

Why? We're not playing Monopoly. The object of the game isn't to see who can amass the largest inventory. Big Fish/Elephant Games isn't suddenly going to yell "Time's up! Sell off all your inventory and the person with the most money is the winner."

Some people seem to be in such a hurry to get to the end of the current material that they are not taking any time to enjoy the journey, to read the story (convoluted as it is), to really look at the artwork and craftsmanship, to read the descriptions of the items we've been collecting.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Feb 27, 15 12:19 PM
I actually love the new social page. I like that it has more friends on a page and the new list we have to choose our gifts is awesome. One little, teeny weeny thing I wished they had addressed (sorry TeeCee) is the deleted friends section. There is still no way to delete the people residing there.

Haven't reached the new content yet, still a little behind. But I like the changes I see so far. If my poor little pea brain would just remember where the map button is, all would be right with the world.

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Feb 27, 15 12:28 PM
LOL whitebutterfly, it is just the same for me. I often click the "back" button instead of going to the right side and click on the map But otherwise I think it will not take us too long to get used to the changes

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Feb 27, 15 12:43 PM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:I actually love the new social page. I like that it has more friends on a page and the new list we have to choose our gifts is awesome. One little, teeny weeny thing I wished they had addressed (sorry TeeCee) is the deleted friends section. There is still no way to delete the people residing there.

Maybe that's next on their list. I'd like to see that as well, but maybe it was decided to wait and give us the chance to get adjusted to the new page before letting us get rid of people permanently lest we accidentally delete somebody in error.

Bethany68
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by Bethany68 on Feb 27, 15 1:02 PM
TiramaSue wrote:Constructive criticism is good, but, IMO, much of the criticism that appears over and over and over again isn't constructive. It's more along the lines of "How many times do we have to ask for (fill in the blank)?"

Agreed!
Some people just seem to nag versus offering something useful.

TiramaSue wrote:And what is usually asked for is a quicker way to advance as "Give us more stamps" "Give us more pet food" "Increase the amount of coins we get for doing a hidden object scene" "Why does it cost so much to craft things?" "Stop asking us to find 3 of everything" "Let us choose what we get from each hidden object scene" etc etc etc

People are looking for instant gratification. But to what purpose? So they can finish an update in an hour and then spend a month asking when's the next update? So they can spend time stockpiling?

Why? We're not playing Monopoly. The object of the game isn't to see who can amass the largest inventory. Big Fish/Elephant Games isn't suddenly going to yell "Time's up! Sell off all your inventory and the person with the most money is the winner."

Some people seem to be in such a hurry to get to the end of the current material that they are not taking any time to enjoy the journey, to read the story (convoluted as it is), to really look at the artwork and craftsmanship, to read the descriptions of the items we've been collecting.

Yep........IG (instant gratification) seems to be the thing now.
I personally have sssllloooowwweeeddd how much progress I make in the game way down, and it's so much more relaxing and enjoyable to play now.
At least for me.
Sure, I want to make progress but it is not my main goal every time I play.

~ Bethany ~

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Feb 27, 15 1:30 PM
TiramaSue wrote:

Maybe that's next on their list. I'd like to see that as well, but maybe it was decided to wait and give us the chance to get adjusted to the new page before letting us get rid of people permanently lest we accidentally delete somebody in error.

I JUST did that........was playing around in the social page and thought "what does this do?" Well DUH..........its a garbage can after all.......easy enough to put the friend back but WAY too easy to delete them.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Feb 27, 15 2:52 PM
I like the changes to the social pages, easier than scrolling down the side to find if your friend has a list.

Just like adjusting to Decimal Currency (1966) Metric Measurements (still think 180 cm is a short person,when in reality it is over 6 feet.) Daylight Savings (never know when it ends) 24 hr clock etc. It will come to us in the end.

[Post New]by llaurelwreath on Feb 27, 15 4:21 PM
I like the new social page layout. There are several other things I like about this update too.

Last night I got thrown out of the game but when I logged back in I hadn't lost any progress, coins, or inventory!!!!! I think they fixed that glitch.

The new HOS's I've opened are really spectacular. Good work Devs!!!!

I haven't lost even 1 flower coin, diamond, or stamp drop since the Christmas update was changed back to normal.

This update looks expensive but I was going to play anyway. This gives me a purpose to make the rounds.

Today I noticed a new inventory item coming from one of the old zoom zones.

The only thing so far that I'm disappointed with is that I still seem to be playing against myself in all of the HOS's. It's lonely and I miss seeing how my friends are doing.

blabbitfan86
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,024 Posts

[Post New]by blabbitfan86 on Feb 27, 15 4:29 PM
Thank you Fishpole and TiramaSue, I agree with everything you say, it is very tiresome to read whining. I have to admit I have one thing I keep whining about after every update (the perfect scores not being delt with) but I do think the devs are improving the game admirably.

I LOVE the new social page, I think it works a lot better than the previous, gifting and gift receiving is a lot more enjoyable and easy in my opinion. I have had problems with my memory. Previously you had to click the gift open to see who it was from. I always write down to my notebook who gifted me and who I've gifted. But because you had to click the gift open there was always the danger of clicking also the gift received before you saw the name or you saw the name but before I got it written down to my notebook I had forgotten who it was from. Now you see the gifter's name first, so I can write it first down in my notebook, and then I can receive the gifts. Now I won't accidentally not gift back to someone who gifted me.

I also love that it doesn't take forever any more to browse through the wishlists of friends because more wishlists appear on one page, same thing with the items you want to add on your own wishlist.

I do think we need to voice the things we wish would be changed in the game but I also think that perhaps the devs have already heard most of those things a thousand time so I don't know how effective it would be for us to go on and on about the same subjects, just complaining what hasn't been done and not thanking for the improvements. I think it's funny that people want improvements in the game but can not handle changes. It isn't the end of the world that the map button is now on the right of the screen; they probably did that to make finding the flowers easier because a lot of times they were hidden behind the buttons on the bottom of the screen which is something players have complained about, it being hard to find the flowers. Now it's easier but oh the horror that they moved the buttons! We can't have it both ways: improvements without changes. I'm willing to have to get used to changes if the changes improve the gaming experience.

I have a "dev wishlist" about things I wish we'd get but right now after this update I just want to thank them, they did a good job. There are still some glitches with the update - LIKE ALWAYS - but I do think they did good and am grateful. Next update will surely bring more good changes, perhaps some of those we hope for.

Edited on 02/27/2015 at 4:30:18 PM PST

Go to: