rubyretro
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

HOW TO APPEAL THE COSTS!

[Post New]by rubyretro on Feb 27, 15 9:25 PM
I AM NOW AT LEVEL 35. I thought level 34 and its duplication of items and the 20, 000 plus point costs exorbitant.. I was thrilled to hit level 35 only to find once again excessive [ 4,000 points ] costs to open each scenes and to make items. Already I spend approx 10 dollars a week to play. At 50 points per scene earned, it now takes several circuits to make enough points to make even 1 item...that is not including the elusive diamonds. Is there a place to request that BIG FISH reconsider and return to the modest point costs hat kept me humming and buying for this long? I appeal to all of you.. Let your voice be heard..its a wonderful HO .It does not have to be free..but costs are rapidly increasing and I am losing interest as it takes too long to build up 20,000 points per character quest to advance even a little. Help . whats your thoughts????I am about to give up .I would MUCH rather pay 20.00 dollars for this game and stop being frustrated by double item fabrications & huge entry costs per scene/quest. Any one out there part level 45 with advice? I see " FRIENDS " dropping off at level 21 . I am stubborn ..but no longer hopeful. Advice????? please

Re:HOW TO APPEAL THE COSTS!

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Feb 27, 15 9:39 PM
Like many others have said, the way to increase your coins without spending money is the sure slow way of making the rounds as often as you can, sending airship, feeding pets, finding all the flowers, and crafting items to sell. I gathered 500,000 coins over the holidays, spent most catching up to level 59, and started collecting coins again. Got up to 350,000 and started playing the new update. Sure makes a huge difference having those coins, and inventory built up. Of course there is always that one item, usually found in the castle, that is needed, that is in short supply. No matter how many rounds I have made, I am still short of pole stars, immortal treasures, runestones, etc. But they are easy enough to get when needed.

If I haven't found any particular games that I want to buy in a given month, I may buy some gems. They help when you just feel like you cannot make a third round for a needed item...helps keep my frustration level at a minimum.

If it is really getting to you, and it does sound like it is, then perhaps a break from the game would help. Many of us have taken one, and come back in refreshed.

rubyretro
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by rubyretro on Feb 27, 15 9:42 PM
Wolfen..what a lovely reply. Thank you ..I think I'll do just that. I'm tired of " making the rounds" LOL

Turalyon
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by Turalyon on Feb 28, 15 2:42 AM
Making the rounds is really boring and time consuming. I have, so far, 48 HO scenes unlocked and if I postulate that I need an average of 30 seconds to do one, it takes me 24 minutes per hour to do the rounds

bella_01
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,674 Posts

[Post New]by bella_01 on Feb 28, 15 3:20 AM
Like Turalyon said continue to do the rounds of HO scenes, look for the flowers, feed your pets when you can, do the daily quest. I'm at level 59 & have been playing for over a year. I do one quest at a time. Try not to open each quest when the professor tells who to see. Sometimes I'll just to the rounds two or three times to build up the coin count.

If there is something you really need, put on your friends list.

Most importantly, if it seems like its starting to bog you down, take a break for awhile and then come back refreshed. And have fun

janaviola
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by janaviola on Feb 28, 15 6:02 AM
Just wait until you get to the end of level 35, where I am! I agree that there should be a better way to earn those coins.

I can't help wonder why you are spending money to play this game.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Feb 28, 15 6:30 AM
janaviola,
Some of us buy diamonds occasionally to do as Wolfen said, to take care of an item when you just can't do another round. Some have spent a lot of money to get ahead faster (and often complain they spent too much). Many of us believe that this is such an enjoyable and beautiful game that we want to pay to support the devs so they can continue to update it. It costs money to make it, why should their effort go unrewarded? I personally feel like I'm stealing something from them, as if I went into a game store and walked out with one.
And no, I'm not making any comments about the large number of players who are in a situation where they can't afford to pay. We all understand about that and I'm glad they get to enjoy such a wonderful game with those of us who can.
Rose

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Feb 28, 15 8:01 AM
I'm not even going to venture into the "I pay to support the game/I've never paid a penny to play the game" quagmire. But, rubyretro, I am a bit concerned that it appears you pay quite a lot. It is totally your business if you choose to pay-to-play, but let me warn you, it doesn't get cheaper.

This game is designed to last indefinitely, there is no end (so far). So patience is the key. As has been mentioned, the only way to amass the tremendous amount of coins needed, along with inventory, is to play the HOSs over and over and over again. There is no hurry....so please do not overspend.

Like Wolfen said, many of us have needed to take several breaks over the past year, and probably will continue to need them. Take a break, play something else or do something else you enjoy, then come back. Tackle the game a little more, then take another break. If you eliminate the pressure to advance, you'll enjoy the adventure a whole lot more.

[Post New]by ogre_juan_kenobi on Feb 28, 15 9:12 AM
Frustrated at countless HOS ?--Slow Down and "Smell the Flowers" so to speak (Was going to say Roses but She might have taken it wrong) !
Look at the awesome detail of the scenes--find little things that show the artists sense of wit. Click on different things..some move unexpectedly. I almost tipped my chair backwards at one !
Good
May the Farce be with You !

OJK

dwdharvey
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by dwdharvey on Feb 28, 15 1:22 PM
HI, I agree with the last person. That's why I play the HOS games, I lost my game, I was on level 58 and played round after round with enjoyment seeing things I missed the last time, The scenes are amazing, I am now at level 14 and wish I had more scenes, sure but I still thoroughly enjoy my trips around and around. I am one that does spend some money on the diamonds (I would never buy coins) but I'm trying to go cash free this time (I admit to having a hard time not to and I probably will go ahead and buy some in the near future) But if some people find doing the rounds boring, maybe they should try playing the Match 3 games.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Feb 28, 15 4:59 PM
ogre_juan_kenobi wrote:Frustrated at countless HOS ?--Slow Down and "Smell the Flowers" so to speak (Was going to say Roses but She might have taken it wrong) !

OJK

Not this Rose . Although, if any of you do track me down at home and come at me sniffing, I might just call the nice young men in their clean white coats to come and take you away, ha ha.

apollogold
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by apollogold on Feb 28, 15 5:03 PM
Oh... Rosie. Love you're sense of humor! Just made my day... thanks

[Post New]by ogre_juan_kenobi on Mar 1, 15 12:57 AM

Shades of "Songs for (of?) Midnite Castle " !!--Remember ?!
They're coming to take me away Ha Ha Hee Hee !!

medusa2468
Minnow
Minnow
275 Posts

[Post New]by medusa2468 on Mar 1, 15 3:04 AM
REMINDER for folks that DO take a break... edit your game name so your friends 1) know you're not quitting and 2) so they don't keep gifting while you're away and then delete you because you don't gift back.

Keep part of your name so folks know it's you - such as changing 'Jane' to 'Jane-BackInApril' or 'Jane-Break4AMonth' - or whatever. If you just delete your wishlist, friends may think you quit and delete you.

Lioula
Clownfish
Clownfish
686 Posts

[Post New]by Lioula on Mar 1, 15 3:36 AM
Hello co-gamers !!

I am also at Level 35 with my 2nd game (Olympia) (as L*I*A is still crashed at this level 35 ) and what I have learned from my 1st game is to be patient and make the requested amount of money before spending it. .
It takes time but I enjoy it better.
I also take a break usually during the weekend and I must confess that my first break was a couple of weeks ago after a long period of every day playing (since May 2014).
I think I had been addicted to this game trying to accomplish some achievements
But once you are away of the game you realize that it's not big deal !!

I also spend some real money - only to buy diamonds but the amount is very small and it usually represents the amount of money I used to spend buying other games from Big Fish (especially on sales).

Take care and happy gaming to all of you

Lia

rubyretro
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by rubyretro on Mar 1, 15 5:05 PM
Thanks to all of you that took the time to reply. I guess i have been engrossed in ' HOW FAST CAN I WIN" ever since I began this journey. hence the buying, spending & speed. It IS such an incredible artistic game. As so many of you suggested, I think a change in attitude an occasional breaks will help. I have been thinking all along that I must hurry ..or all will end before I see resolution to the story. I will get back in the moment and let the game unfold. Thanks again for you help and advice.

Go to: