Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Danse Macabre: Deadly Deception Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 28, 15 1:18 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you're using.

Edited on 02/28/2015 at 6:38:42 AM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Danse Macabre: Deadly Deception Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Feb 28, 15 6:38 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Disapperaring body, access code violation

[Post New]by groundhog37 on Feb 28, 15 7:15 AM
I went into the school before I examined the body and when I came out the body was gone. When I tried to exit, I received an access violation code. Very strange because I have never had a problem with this developer. I'm using windows 8.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Danse Macabre: Deadly Deception Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Feb 28, 15 10:15 AM
Let me start by saying that this is the second CE game this week that has technical glitches. Totally unacceptable. I am still waiting for a fix for the other game and as of yet there is not one forthcoming.

In this game I get into Danny's room and the camera has a puzzle. I struggled and finally went to the SG. The rings are designated but the "Y" ring is stationary and will not move even when clicked. This needs to be fixed. How can we complete a puzzle when all of the components will not work? I hate skipping and I hate looking at the SG but when I tried everything to no avail I took a peek. It is so sad that there seems to be a lack of testing in games before they are released.

Maybe we will get a fix and maybe we won't. What a great way to run a business!!!

[Post New]by ocean8ways on Mar 2, 15 7:12 AM
I have also experienced the malfunction of the camera puzzle. In my case, the only small circles that work are W and Z. So, I would have to skip this puzzle in order to continue. I HATE to skip puzzles . . . so, I guess that's the end of this game. BTW I am running Mac OS 10.10.2 on late 2012 iMac w/3.4 GHz and 32 GBram and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680X2048 MB.

Joanken
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Joanken on Mar 2, 15 1:06 PM
Same problem with the camera puzzle.

jordway
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by jordway on Mar 2, 15 1:11 PM
Same problem with the camera puzzle. At first only W would not light up and move, then X. I will play something else and wait a bit to see if this gets fixed. I am running Windows 7 and have at least one game going all the time.

Edited on 03/02/2015 at 1:11:58 PM PST

[Post New]by Dargonnoone on Mar 3, 15 9:39 AM
Me too, can't complete camera puzzle. I usually have half a dozen games on the go so will leave this one to simmer and wait for a fix and then hopefully start over. I hope it doesn't take too long.

[Post New]by spikescajunmom on Mar 4, 15 6:27 PM
Ditto on the camera puzzle. Exited game. Went back. Same problem. Don't want to start game over again.

pegod
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by pegod on Mar 4, 15 9:48 PM
I started the game and after a few minutes I decided to buy it. Closed the program, download the full version and activated it. Now the game won't let me progress past the end of the demo version. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by leggsw on Mar 5, 15 5:14 PM
Same problem with the camera puzzle. I don't skip puzzles!!!! Evidently, there is a major glitch somewhere!!!!!!!!

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Mar 5, 15 5:16 PM
G'day,

Thank you all for taking the time to let us know about the camera puzzle, we'll be forwarding this, along with any diagnostics we may have received via email on to the team working with the developers for investigation.

If you've yet to contact us, but would like to, please include as much information as possible about the issue you're facing and attach a Dr Felix to help us learn more about the system being used.

These diagnostics really do help us identify the types of systems having issues, and can be extremely useful when testing fixes.

Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report

Should we receive an update for the game, we will definitely post here in the forum.

bfgMurrumbidgee

[Post New]by Brentnor27 on Mar 9, 15 9:53 PM
Had the same problem as everyone else with the ring camera mini-game.
Though I discovered that you can turn the left ring when playing the mini-game from the "Extras" section after you have Skipped it. Go figure...

The game just came out and already has a patch and they still have not addressed this glaring problem yet.

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on Mar 10, 15 7:02 PM
I am having the same problem with the camera ring game as everyone else. This game is made by one of my favorite developers and it is the first time I ever had a problem with a game developed by them. Hopefully this will get fixed

dkkeyes
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by dkkeyes on Mar 25, 15 8:03 AM
I wish I had read this tech issue thread before buying this game. I am now having the same camera problem that everyone else, here, has described. The disturbing thing is that it was first report on February 28th, almost a month ago, and it is still not fixed!!! What gives. I was really enjoying the game before encountering the camera puzzle problem. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!!!

[Post New]by Babochka on Mar 26, 15 8:01 PM
Camera Puzzle ---- Hint and Spoiler

When moving the Small Circles, look at where each one is 'attached' to the Large outer circles that surround them.

The Small Circles can only be switched with another circle when both circles are connected to the same large circles.

With that in mind, and using the same labels that appear in the Strategy Guide:
V W X Y Z – Solve the puzzle as follows:

****SPOILER*****

Click the circles:
Y and V
Z and X
Z and W
V and X
Z and X

Hope this helps!

Edited on 04/04/2015 at 7:53:08 PM PST

[Post New]by carlyoliver on Apr 1, 15 1:32 PM
I don't seem to be able to get past the body in the garden, it seems you are supposed to click on the flowers and there is a magnifying glass and you get a closer look at the chalk outline blah blah but my flowers aren't doing nuthin' and there are no other areas of interest. Glich or am I just being blind ?

Thanks

Edited on 04/01/2015 at 1:40:20 PM PST

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Apr 2, 15 1:08 PM
carlyoliver wrote:I don't seem to be able to get past the body in the garden, it seems you are supposed to click on the flowers and there is a magnifying glass and you get a closer look at the chalk outline blah blah but my flowers aren't doing nuthin' and there are no other areas of interest. Glich or am I just being blind ?

Thanks
Are you playing the SE or the CE? The SE is known to have this problem, and a new build was just released that fixes this problem. See the SE forum for information.

dkkeyes
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by dkkeyes on Apr 4, 15 9:25 AM
Babochka thank you for trying to help, but it seems you did not run into the issue the rest of us in this Camera post did. The circles are frozen (in my case). Clicking on any combination of circles produces no movement.

Big Fish, are you ever going to get this fixed?

Disappointed User.

Babochka wrote:Camera Puzzle ---- Hint and Spoiler

When moving the Small Circles, look at where each one is 'attached' to the Large outer circles that surround them.

The Small Circles can only be switched with another circle when both circles are connected to the same large circles.

With that in mind, and using the same labels that appear in the Strategy Guide:
V W X Y Z – Solve the puzzle as follows:

****SPOILER*****

Switch:
Y and V
Z and X
Z and W
V and X
Z and X

Hope this helps!

[Post New]by healeylk on Apr 4, 15 4:44 PM
Camera circles frozen. Shut game down and tried again. Same problem.Needs to be fixed

Go to: